ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 08:01 PM
JamesBond1
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks mean
Old 06-06-10, 08:28 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice!! i wish i remembered to take a look when i hit 190 on the odo!
Old 07-22-10, 05:06 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Boulevardier is still in Clark Kent gear and smoooooth as ever.
Parked next to a brand new Jaguar.
Hmph....nice lines. It's as good an excuse as any to snap some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0597.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0598a.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0599a.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0600a.jpg  
Old 07-22-10, 05:49 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Where'd all the mods go???
Old 07-23-10, 05:05 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Maxx941
Where'd all the mods go???
*LOL* Last year I let my folks borrow the car and they didn't take long to sweetly ask if there was anything I could do about the ride saying, "It looks great and all, but...can you make it ride like a Lexus again for us?" *ROTFLMAO*

So one Saturday I removed the eyelids, (Ksport) coilovers, the wheels (18x7.5 5Zigens) and the tires (Kuhmo ASX).

I left the upgraded braking system, exhaust system, the (Whiteline) strut tower brace, and the (Whiteline) rear sway bar.

I then sourced and installed (KYB GR-2) dampers, (Lexus) OEM ES300 springs, (Lexus) OEM 16" wheels, and (Michelin Primacy MXV4) OEM specification tires.

Immediately after the install I took it out for some test drives to make sure everything was buttoned down before handing it over to them again. My face --> The ride was INCREDIBLE - and QUIET.

I hadn't noticed how low profile tires, high diameter rims, and coilovers tend to bring out chassis noises until that moment. The car was again vault-like and solid - and the ride was creamy smooth. Buttah. Now I remember the car I fell in love with. But with all the remaining upgraded components I had a car that ran, sounded, braked, and handled MUCH better than a stock ES. Best of both worlds?

I handed the car back to the folks and they went ape for it, with a "...I don't know why you'd ever want it to ride like anything but this!" and compliment after compliment.

FAST FORWARD almost a year later, they felt so guilty about driving it (don't know why - too much pressure from my OCD to keep it clean?) that they eventually got themselves another car and returned it. So it's back to being my mostly daily-driver. I still have the stuff I uninstalled and when I look back through this thread I feel strongly compelled to reinstall it for sake of the looks. But then I get back in it and ride and .... ahhhhhh.

So...yeah. I'm on a daily precipice teetering back and forth between enjoying the Lexus ride and silence, versus going back to the look, stance, handling and aggressive ride I like. There's the recent Boulevardier update.
Old 07-23-10, 07:35 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

The eyelids could have atleast stayed! Could always see if just the wheels on don't sacrifice ride much, but I thought you got robbed! Anyway the boulavardier is still around atleast.
Old 07-23-10, 07:10 PM
Specter
Driver

Thats an awesome Jag !
Old 07-23-10, 07:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Trexus
Your ES has come a long way and it looks great. Keep up the great work...
I agree that looks fantastic!
Old 07-23-10, 08:35 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
*LOL* Last year I let my folks borrow the car and they didn't take long to sweetly ask if there was anything I could do about the ride saying, "It looks great and all, but...can you make it ride like a Lexus again for us?" *ROTFLMAO*

So one Saturday I removed the eyelids, (Ksport) coilovers, the wheels (18x7.5 5Zigens) and the tires (Kuhmo ASX).

I left the upgraded braking system, exhaust system, the (Whiteline) strut tower brace, and the (Whiteline) rear sway bar.

I then sourced and installed (KYB GR-2) dampers, (Lexus) OEM ES300 springs, (Lexus) OEM 16" wheels, and (Michelin Primacy MXV4) OEM specification tires.

Immediately after the install I took it out for some test drives to make sure everything was buttoned down before handing it over to them again. My face --> The ride was INCREDIBLE - and QUIET.

I hadn't noticed how low profile tires, high diameter rims, and coilovers tend to bring out chassis noises until that moment. The car was again vault-like and solid - and the ride was creamy smooth. Buttah. Now I remember the car I fell in love with. But with all the remaining upgraded components I had a car that ran, sounded, braked, and handled MUCH better than a stock ES. Best of both worlds?

I handed the car back to the folks and they went ape for it, with a "...I don't know why you'd ever want it to ride like anything but this!" and compliment after compliment.

FAST FORWARD almost a year later, they felt so guilty about driving it (don't know why - too much pressure from my OCD to keep it clean?) that they eventually got themselves another car and returned it. So it's back to being my mostly daily-driver. I still have the stuff I uninstalled and when I look back through this thread I feel strongly compelled to reinstall it for sake of the looks. But then I get back in it and ride and .... ahhhhhh.

So...yeah. I'm on a daily precipice teetering back and forth between enjoying the Lexus ride and silence, versus going back to the look, stance, handling and aggressive ride I like. There's the recent Boulevardier update.
Ksports would be the suspect slow
Old 07-26-10, 08:13 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

so if i buy a es you'll sell me the rims and coils? lol
Old 07-27-10, 01:41 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Originally Posted by Maxx941
The eyelids could have atleast stayed! Could always see if just the wheels on don't sacrifice ride much, but I thought you got robbed! Anyway the boulavardier is still around atleast.
They'll be back. I REALLY like the look. They had a slight fracture in them, Greed777 warned me when he sold them to me, so I need to get the fracture repaired and have them repainted to freshen them up a bit.

I can put the 5Zigens back on, but the 18" wheels with appropriate tires have me riding with a bit of wheelgap (see my first picture post in the "Wheels" thread) that's more than I'm comfy with. I tell ya though, with the looks I eventually achieved above, the coilovers and wheels/tires could be back on there at any moment. *lol*

Originally Posted by Specter
Thats an awesome Jag !
I completely agree!
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I agree that looks fantastic!

Originally Posted by maniax
Ksports would be the suspect slow
The Ksports rode better (smoother, firmer, less body lean) than the H&R springs+KYB GR-2 struts, so they were a welcome change. I didn't have major complaints about them when I had them installed, but the extreme contrast with the (mostly) OEM suspension was the cold-water-in-the-face shock.

I agree with your thought for the most part, Maniax. The unfortunate thing is, 3/4 Camry and 2ES owners have no other real coilover alternatives.
Originally Posted by slvrboolet
so if i buy a es you'll sell me the rims and coils? lol
*LOL* If you caught me at the exact right second in time where I was pondering sticking with OEM, possibly. I can't express how fleeting and rare those vulnerable seconds are though! You're more likely to catch me in the garage throwing everything back on! *hahaha*
Old 07-27-10, 08:16 PM
cmotek24
Driver School Candidate

Nice pics... I recognize that area. I live on Ohio and Spring Creek
Old 04-05-11, 07:12 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Talking

She hit the magic milestone and I pulled over immediately and snapped pics of her.
Old 04-05-11, 08:32 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Simply well done!
Old 04-05-11, 08:32 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Good to see the Boulevardier still rollin sloooow

Quick Reply: Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier