ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-06, 08:53 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Slooooooow's Boulevardier

I bought her in January of '05 off of a used car lot.
The price was perfect! CHEAP! I can pay cash for her and that's PERFECT for a car to leave in the commuter train lot (instead of parking my show car there).

The Carfax report showed a one-owner vehicle. Hmmm...
Turns out the owner put fewer than 10k miles per year on her. Wow.
Turns out the owner took fairly good care of her. Especially by having all her services performed at a VERY reputable Lexus dealer here in Dallas (Sewell).

The more we drive this car, the more we like it. We began calling it the "Boulevardier" because it's so smoooooth. It's the perfect car to drive slooooooowly around town and melt the stress away.

Then I found ClubLexus. But the cars on there are toooo nice to post pics of her on there. The power antenna was broken. The tint job had gone purple and was so bad on the back window that you couldn't tell what cars were behind you. The front lip sagged from a broken bracket.

Now...a year later...and after multiple part replacements, reconditioning and several coats of Zaino, I can finally put up some pictures. She's basically back to as-new condition. My next steps are to begin more significant modifications like some of you have done. I can at least show up at some of the meets now.

The old school wheels are OEM. They're totally not in style, but they shined up so nicely and I've grown to like them. Major plus - little stress about them getting jacked. *LOL*:

Oh! She's no longer the hooptie that sits in the commuter lot. This is a daily driver that we share and adore now. Today I reset the ECU based on Pheonix's mod suggestions list. Wheeeeee!

1992 model. 164,300 miles as of today and still going strong. Thanks ClubLexus, for the help, hints and mod list along the way. We're just gettin' started.

Last edited by Slooooooow; 04-05-11 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-30-06, 06:34 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go, Lookin super Clean
Old 07-30-06, 06:26 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

damn i wish my paint was half as good as yours. your paint shines like it just came off the new car lot!!!!
Old 07-31-06, 05:44 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Thank you both for the kind words.

I have to give the Zaino the credit. It really brought the paint back from the dead and gave it that strong reflective finish. Before the Lexus, I really have only used it on newer cars, and it kept them looking fantastic, but I'm sure I was taking it for granted. Once I saw what it was capable of with this 14-year old Lexus, I was duly impressed.

Originally Posted by maniax
damn i wish my paint was half as good as yours. your paint shines like it just came off the new car lot!!!!
Old 07-31-06, 05:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Very clean! Looks like new not a 92
Old 07-15-09, 07:39 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Just picked up a new iPhone and decided to try out the camera function on the ES after a suspension adjustment and a couple of new add-ons.

Bah! Why start a new thread just for that?! What better thread to update with pics than your first thread with pics in the forum? (Yeah I waited a looooong time after joining before speaking up or posting pics; I was too busy trying to get my baby back in shape before piping in.)

The first pic is the first pic from this thread - just for comparison and contrast:

Pics from this morning on the new iPhone:

Attached Thumbnails Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0031.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0032.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0033.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0034.jpg   Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0035.jpg  

Old 07-15-09, 07:40 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

last attachment:
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier-img_0036.jpg  
Old 07-15-09, 09:45 AM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

lol holy crap, it looks really nice..

the height makes it look much longer.
Old 07-15-09, 09:46 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice ride Slowwwwwwwwww. The rims and height adjustment totally makes your car alot different from your previous pics. I need to lower mine and change my rims.
Old 07-15-09, 09:50 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! I am curious to see what is looked like when you first bought the car.
Old 07-15-09, 11:07 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always nice bro....can't wait for my iphone....word to the wise never buy a phone off at&t's website they don't require signature when they ship packages which makes them easily stolen on delivery
Old 07-15-09, 12:40 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Your ES has come a long way and it looks great. Keep up the great work...
Old 07-15-09, 01:45 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Looking good for sure!
Old 07-15-09, 02:02 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Mmmmm Eyelids
Definitely come a long way there slooooow.
Lookin 10x better than before.
Time flies so fast, seemed not to long ago I remember when you did get your ES and joined CL. You've definitely helped many, and encouraged some tasteful mods.

I myself been layin low not to many pics, but I do have a static drop setup now, just waiting to do the install
Old 07-15-09, 08:00 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

swt eyelids bro...did you have them professionally painted?

now all you have to do is bake 'em open take out the orange and black it out... it's gonna complete the look for sure.

Quick Reply: Pics of the Slooooooow Boulevardier