ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

So i bring my es to the Track for the first time ( pic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 09:22 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So i bring my es to the Track for the first time ( pic)

my first time being at the track... i was pretty suprise it handle pretty welll on the track..

http://www.beperformance.com/gallery...id=600&hei=430

http://www.beperformance.com/gallery...id=600&hei=430

only 2 pic were taking..
Old 08-10-06, 09:42 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great!!!!
Old 08-10-06, 10:02 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Great job taking the ES out on the track. Can you tell us a little more about your track experience, like how the ES handled around the curves, the acceleration, braking, weather conditions, and the like? I've never taken my ES out on the track, although I took my previous ES ('96) for a 1/4-mile run on the track. Would love to see how my current ES can do around the twists and turns
Old 08-10-06, 10:13 AM
W. David
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so jealous!!!

If you're headed back to Shannonville anytime soon let me know, I'll be there in a heart beat!

Old 08-10-06, 10:53 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Looks good out there!
I wish I could just come up with a way to increase steering feel & feedback. That'd help you alot. You really have to know the car to drive i really hard on a track. You can't feel very much.

Maybe we could do a pulley swap on the Power steering pump. Or we could disconnect the first stage of the power steering pump's vacuum control, so that it stays in the slightly higher effort mode (high speed driving) all the time.

Hmmmmmmmm...
Old 08-10-06, 12:12 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

awesome. you took the caps off your wheels?
Old 08-10-06, 02:42 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Looks good out there!
I wish I could just come up with a way to increase steering feel & feedback. That'd help you alot. You really have to know the car to drive i really hard on a track. You can't feel very much.

Maybe we could do a pulley swap on the Power steering pump. Or we could disconnect the first stage of the power steering pump's vacuum control, so that it stays in the slightly higher effort mode (high speed driving) all the time.

Hmmmmmmmm...

wwwwhhhhhaaaaa????? (sits and waits for Phoenix to tell him how to improve the steering in the MCV20)
Old 08-10-06, 02:51 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

In laymen's terms, our power steering is light has 0 feedback on what's going on. Great for driving around town, cruising, day to day living. Horrible on a race track b/c you're not connected to what the car is doing.
More effort & a more direct feel to the road would improve your ability to drive the car on the edge of it's traction limit. Stock, you just sort of flirt with it & hope that you don't cross it.

Most racetracks don't allow things like caps. They can easily fly off on the track.
Old 08-10-06, 05:55 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin good bro.
Old 08-10-06, 06:43 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Thx for all the relpy, and here is my current supension setup so far for those if interest to know.
- Kg/mm supersport Dr21 springs (-45mm F , - 35mm R)
- KYB GR2 shocks (both are too soft for the track)
- Whiteline F / R sways ( 27 mm F, 19 mm R) ( it does help a lot on the track, specially on the exit of the apex )
- OEM solara strut bar ( it help the steering reponse, noticable during the entry on the corner)
- PBR race front pad w/ brembo solid disc / PBR metal master rear, it holds up pettry well for the weight on the car ( will try Hawk HP plus next time, it should be better)
- Sc430 rims with the hub cab off, (more easy for the brakes to cool down) ahahah
- General Exclaim UHP 225-40-18 ( it holds up and grip much much much better than i thought than my previous Dunlop FM901 )

as for the track, this set up give me a little of oversteering , and i have to agree the steering reponse is lack off(hey that is not a sports car rite ), but it is stlll predictable ( may be i m jsut too used to the car, so i knw the limit of it)

Also i m the only Toyota/ lexus on the track that day, and my friends is pretty suprise how "this things " ( ES) handle.

hey david, pm me your email / phn, sure we should meet sometimes .
Old 08-10-06, 09:36 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by MCV20
( will try Hawk HP plus next time, it should be better)
as for the track, this set up give me a little of oversteering , and i have to agree the steering reponse is lack off(hey that is not a sports car rite ), but it is stlll predictable ( may be i m jsut too used to the car, so i knw the limit of it)

Also i m the only Toyota/ lexus on the track that day, and my friends is pretty suprise how "this things " ( ES) handle.

Hey david, pm me your email / phn, sure we should meet sometimes .
Ya it does! That whiteline RSB by itself goes a long way into oversteer. It is pretty predictable, tho. Drive faster fwd with suspension ugprades (Especially a bigger RSB) become really snap happy. You get it on the edge & let the back end start going. They can get imposible to catch!
Old 08-11-06, 07:42 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

That may be why my friend is haveing hard time following me on the track with his (stock) 2005 subaru Legecy GT( turbo), his car just fly around on the track...
Old 08-11-06, 08:39 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by MCV20
That may be why my friend is haveing hard time following me on the track with his (stock) 2005 subaru Legecy GT( turbo), his car just fly around on the track...

You're kidding, right?

That car is an all-wheel-drive, 250 HP (stock) rocket. It's the WRX's big brother (faster than a WRX; slower than an STi). Even in barebones stock form it is capable of blowing an even slightly-modified ES off the track in a quarter-mile or on the autocross course.

Hard to believe he/she "is haveing hard time following" you on the track. Mark me as blown away. Guess I'll begin modding my suspension in a similar manner to yours. Clearly it works.

Last edited by Slooooooow; 08-11-06 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-11-06, 08:54 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

i was suprised about that too... , his car just keep understeer like carzy with his stock supension setup either on the exit or entry of apex , i have sit in his car to see what happen.. but the car just have too much power over the stock supension setup...that why whenever he try to push his car it just go understeer...
Old 08-11-06, 09:35 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

dont get me wrong i m not trying to said i "kill" the Legacy (since there is no way to keep up with that monster if it have some nicer tires / suspension anyway), i m jsut try to say the ES still has that fun on track with all that setup.

Also i believe the stock bridgestone RE92 on the legacy is carp, it just have no grip at all...
and i m pretty sure if the legacy have a nice supension setup it should be pretty good car for daily driven / sunday track car...

Quick Reply: So i bring my es to the Track for the first time ( pic)