ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

where are some nice es's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 11:54 PM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are some nice es's??

Hi, I've been missing in action for few months after getting my new car...
What are some of the nicest es's now???
Old 08-15-06, 12:38 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

smitty and leets have pretty nice cars. many others too but those two are off the top of my head. any more pics of your car? i was looking through old threads and i see that you went with the sevas wheels. they look great, did you have any problems with fitment?
Old 08-15-06, 05:28 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Like Chris said, Smitty and Leets are some of the nicest ones I know out there with their '01 ES's. Vin (vin 78) just recently got some coverage in an aftermarket stereo magazine with a pretty sick audio/visual setup in his '97 ES (link here) with '01 mods on top of it all
Old 08-15-06, 10:30 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey sup bro. Long time no see. I love da all black. I thought about doing mine like that but I dont wanna bite your style. You should check out the NELOC forum. I'm may be in NY this weekend for a BBQ at TLW's so maybe we can hook up.
Old 08-15-06, 11:22 AM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

those are some nice es's.
ChrisES, anything new to your es?? Weren't you getting new shoes before??
Smitty, sizzzling!! Congrats! Who's else is coming to the barbecue?? I would love to check out your ES in person Smitty.
ahhhh~ feels good to be back home!
Old 08-15-06, 01:10 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Smitty, sizzzling!! Congrats! Who's else is coming to the barbecue?? I would love to check out your ES in person Smitty.
Alot of the NY guys are supposed to be at the BBQ. Cherplex and Me may come up from MD for the cook out. I'm tryin to see if he's still down for rollin. It kind of sucks though cuz its on a Sunday. Here's da link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231952
If I dont for some reason make it this weekend you should come to the Harrisburg meet. We had a ball last time.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230661
Old 08-15-06, 01:25 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by thirdmotio
those are some nice es's.
ChrisES, anything new to your es?? Weren't you getting new shoes before??
i just have sc430 wheels with a tein s-tech drop. i'm toying with the idea of that stock solara strut bar but i'm afraid of fitment issues. let's see some pics!
Old 08-15-06, 01:44 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisES
i just have sc430 wheels with a tein s-tech drop. i'm toying with the idea of that stock solara strut bar but i'm afraid of fitment issues. let's see some pics!
When I put the stock bar on we did notice the hood isn't perfectly flush with the fenders anymore, but the difference isn't any worse than the gap on a stock GM vehicle The hood still closes without any real effort. Also, I don't know if it was just the bar I got or what, but it did require a little custom bending to fit properly. If you need any help with the install Chris just let me know. I don't have any pics of the hood after the install with me here at work, but I'll try to post some up when I get home tonight.

Thanks for all the compliments on the car, guys. I know the ES is the one every other Lexus model owner loves to bag on, but I still love her. Here's some more pics for me to showoff to all the haters... and lovers.

Old 08-15-06, 01:45 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Hey how do u like the Tein S-Tech's? whats da drop F and R?
Old 08-15-06, 02:39 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Hey how do u like the Tein S-Tech's? whats da drop F and R?
i like them a lot, just wish it was a little lower. my car handles much better now. it's a -1.7 in front and -1.4 in the rear. what springs do you have on? that drop looks nice!

hey leets, your car is beautiful. what wheels are those? and is that the tanabe exhaust that is going to be released? it looks great! how much was your solara strut bar? and where did you get it? i'm interested now that you didn't have any fitment issues.
Old 08-15-06, 04:14 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

After 6 Months of Waiting I got my Exclusive front lip back from a friend I haven't seen since. I happen to run into him 1 day at lunch, 2 days later I got my lip back Finally

I recently added 18x7.5 Chrome wheels, 225/40/18zr
Alpine Cda 9815, Audio Control 3.1, JL 500 Mono, 10" Alpine Type-R Vented enclosure.
AND
Exclusive front lip in 2-3 weeks installed. Found A Real Bodyshop
HID Lamps waiting for Phillips Ultinon 6k with some Denso ballasts.
Pics soon...
Old 08-15-06, 07:50 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

waiting for 2 months and now i have my car in the body shop getting the body kit painted and put on....wont be done until saturday... will post pics asap!! I can;t wait!!! I just went to the body shop today and they test fitted the body kit and it was a perfect fit!! I wished i had my camera to take pics earlier today... well gotta wait till saturday...
Old 08-15-06, 08:21 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ChrisES
hey leets, your car is beautiful. what wheels are those? and is that the tanabe exhaust that is going to be released? it looks great! how much was your solara strut bar? and where did you get it? i'm interested now that you didn't have any fitment issues.
Thanks, I like it. The wheels are 18x8+35 OZ Operas. They fit perfectly... just as long as no one sits in the back seat. I should be getting the rear fenders rolled soon, though, so that should fix that problem.

The exhaust sadly isn't the Tanabe unit. I'm still waiting for the engineers to get back from Japan with it. The exhaust I have on now is one I sourced from Japan back before I found out that Tanabe's coming out with one. It's a 5Zigen that last time I checked wasn't available in the US, but if any of you have enough cash, and can't wait the extra bit of time for the Tanabe unit (which is supposed to be lighter and cheaper), I've got a way to get more of these exhausts into the states. If anyone's actually interested shoot me a pm and I'll get you all the info.

The Solara bar I found used for about $50. They'll occasionally pop up on ebay or one of the Toyota forums. I just happened to catch it before anyone else did. I'm always on the look out for parts so if I find anyone selling one I'll let you know Chris.
Old 08-16-06, 04:04 AM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

Hopefully I'll get my 1st gen. lookin' as clean as your guys' cars someday.
Old 08-16-06, 04:25 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

i like them a lot, just wish it was a little lower. my car handles much better now. it's a -1.7 in front and -1.4 in the rear. what springs do you have on? that drop looks nice!
Chris I went with the B+G 1.6 drop all around. I like it but I wish the front was a little lower and the rear drop wasent so much. thats why I'm switching to the Tanabe springs this week.
And Leets I know exactly what you mean about having someone in your back seat. It seems I cant go past 80mph with someone in the back or if I have a lot of stuff in da trunk and the back seat cuz I rub. I'm still tryin to get my rear fenders rolled.
BTW let me know if you find another Solara bar. I need one.

Quick Reply: where are some nice es's??