ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Just bought an 03' ES 300!!! Problems galore!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 06:02 AM
samir1010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 03' ES 300!!! Problems galore!

Hello everyone!! Very new to this forum. I just bought an ES 300 and have been having some really wierd issues with the car. I have about 45k miles on it so I am still under warranty. I am hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction. I have been reading all the posts in the forum and have found this place to be a wealth of information.

I will start with my biggest problem first. I was driving yesterday and my brakes started tightening up. I got off the freeway made sure my parking brake wasn't down or anything. Tried to start driving and the brakes were fully slammed on. Couldn't drive at all. Tried to drive a couple of miles but rpms where just flying all over the place trying to make the car move. Had to get the car towed to my house since lexus dealership was closed. Anyone hear of this before.

Second issue, I had a tint done at a local lexus dealership and when I got it back not only did my speaker covers and doorpanels dirty but they had water marks on it. I cant get the water marks off, any suggestions on what to use.

My tint is a whole other issue, The top part of the rear window has a dot matrix pattern and some of the area looks like it has bubbles in it. The dealer said that they couldn't do anything about it because it's hard to tint a dot matrix pattern. WTF. Never heard of anything like that before. Any suggestions.

What is the best way to get a hold of TSB's and what the dealer recommends doing about them?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Samir
Old 08-27-06, 09:21 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're right to have it towed to Lexus for inspection. Call ahead to arrange for the towing and a loaner vehicle.

Your vacuum brake booster may have failed, or the master cylinder it controls. Part if the ABS braking system.

Check your owners manual supplement for the maintenance needed at 30,000 miles. A Lexus dealer would have record if it was performed at a dealer in the US. We are focusing on the brake fluid flush. Check your reservoir for clean, clear brake fluid. As it ages, it turns yellow, brown, black in color.

Try a little interior cleaner, any brand. then preserve the vinyl with Aerospace 303 or if not available, Vinylex on the interior vinyl.

Alldata can provide all the TSIB (Technical Service Information Bulletin) for $10 a day
http://www.alldata.tsb.com/
Old 08-27-06, 09:51 AM
samir1010
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try the cleaner and 303.

If anyone has any info on the tint or has similar problems with the dotmatrix pattern please do let me know. Thanks

Samir
Old 08-27-06, 06:05 PM
lexus96817
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my car tinted from a reputable tint shop in town and also had some wierd spots at the top of the rear window. It seems that the dot matrix pattern is slightly raised due to the factory tint shade and aftermarket tint does not go on as smoothly. They told me if I had any problem such as bubbling, cracking or peeling they would fix it at no charge. So far I had the tint for three years and no problems so far. My car is a daily commuter and is parked in the sun 8 hours a day 5 days a week in the 100+ degree Hawaii sun. Other car owners in my office with this type of rear glass (ex, G35 Coupe) have the simillar appearance with the tint but so far no one has had any problem with that particular area. I would see if the dealership redo the tint based on the appearance of bubbles.

No problem with my brakes, but they're due for new pads.
I have a bad combination of stop and go traffic and poor braking habits.

I think there was a TSB on the steering column. Mine was making a sweaking and clunking sound whenever the steering column was turned. Lexus fixed it at no charge. The TSB was realeased 4/2005 calling for the replacement of the intermediate shaft assembly for 03 to 05 ESs.

Forgot to mention that I have 32k on my ES.

Congrats on your new/used ES and good luck on your repairs!
Old 09-03-06, 02:43 PM
samir1010
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to post an update. My car has been at the lexus dealership for about a week now. They've changed my front and rear brakes, replaced my rotors and calipers. They are going to replace my master cylinder on Tuesday since the brakes are still slamming down on their own. The service people were extremely surprised that this was happening. They said that they have never seen this before. Glad I'm still under warranty.

Samir
Old 09-03-06, 07:32 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Many thanks for your update ...