ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Finally....Body Kit Installed!! Plus other mods...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 10:19 AM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics are updated fellas!! What do u guys think?!
Old 10-18-06, 11:06 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lookin good man, keep it up !! ill be gettin my body kit soon, but mine is gonna be a mission to put on, im gettin one for a 97 but havin it fit on my 94 lol. hopefully it works out ...
Old 10-18-06, 01:11 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Build I like the whole setup
Old 10-18-06, 01:44 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good bro. How did you tint your tails, did you used the spray?
Old 10-18-06, 06:05 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it me... the colour was kind of mis-match..?

or is it me.. i think 2-tone will look even more hotter..
Old 10-18-06, 07:31 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

kit looks really nice but i'm not feeling the chrome. what kind of drop are you planning to get?
Old 10-18-06, 07:31 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by MCV20

or is it me.. i think 2-tone will look even more hotter..
the lowers do look slightly lighter. how much was the evolution kit?
Old 10-18-06, 08:07 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Much better pics this time around truong

I'm delighted to see the Evolution kit looks great on a white ES. I've seen pics of it on a 2-tone '97-'99, and honestly I don't think it flows well with that color scheme. However, with monotone white, most likely the lower body parts and cladding will look slightly different compared to the rest of the body due to the fading of the original body color. You might want to consider a repaint later on in the future if so desired.

I guess I'll be the first to mention it... what will you be planning to do for the exhaust? The opening from the rear bumper is large compared to the stock exhaust. Perhaps consider the JDM exhaust that Leets is selling for the '00-'01?

Looks like you already de-badged the ES300 emblem from the tailight, so how about going the rest of the way by de-badging the LEXUS emblem and dealer sticker on the right side of the trunk lid?

Once again, great job with what you've done and keep up the good work!
Old 10-18-06, 10:14 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the comments guys! i really appreciate it... you guys are the reason why i am inspired to modify the es300....

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Lookin good man, keep it up !! ill be gettin my body kit soon, but mine is gonna be a mission to put on, im gettin one for a 97 but havin it fit on my 94 lol. hopefully it works out ...
good luck with that...i would like to see how it comes out.....

Originally Posted by Smitty08810
How did you tint your tails, did you used the spray?
i used window tint paper that was left over from doing my window tints...lol its kinda ghetto but it came out looking good.... i removed it because some said that the darkness made my taillights look as if it was the 92-96 model tails. so i will be ordering the correct tint flim for the tailights to look smoked and classy.... i hear you have a secret taillight project under construction ( leds perhaps?)

Originally Posted by MCV20
yes it is a little ity bity mis-match but the body shop told me to let the paint sit for a while for it to match up.... hopefully it does... if not, im gonna get it repainted.

Originally Posted by ChrisES
kit looks really nice but i'm not feeling the chrome. what kind of drop are you planning to get? how much was the evolution kit?
honestly, im getting kinda tired with the chromes too... it's too heavy for my "spirited" driving... i was looking into 20'' forged rims or maybe even some 19" gold volk rims.... but for the winter time i think im gonna need to get my hands on some sc430 rims cuz i love how it looks on your car as well as MCV20's and tiguy99's car...

As for drop, i wanted to do an air suspension so i can control it easily inside the cabin but i cant seem to find an application for this car. im still doing some research and debating to either getting coilovers or lowering springs depending on my budget when next spring arrives...

i got the evolution kit off of ebay from a seller in california that imported parts from japan and i stumbled upon his listing of this kit saying it was authentic from EVOLUTION with the badges so i called him up and made the transaction over the phone.... $750 shipped to my door ($500 + $250 shipping) not bad when the kit retails for about $1800 dollars...

Originally Posted by Lexusk8
I guess I'll be the first to mention it... what will you be planning to do for the exhaust? The opening from the rear bumper is large compared to the stock exhaust. Perhaps consider the JDM exhaust that Leets is selling for the '00-'01?

Looks like you already de-badged the ES300 emblem from the tailight, so how about going the rest of the way by de-badging the LEXUS emblem and dealer sticker on the right side of the trunk lid?
i want to get the tanabe exhaust that everyone is waiting for.... i wonder how longer it will take? Leets exhaust is hot too but i really want that tanabe exhaust on my ES.

i already debadged the dealer sticker and it looks cleaner... as for the LEXUS emblem i tried to use my hands (as i did with the others) but it was on too good. but once i get the tools rest assure that the emblem is coming off...
LOL my "ES 300" emblem is on my dash right under the passenger air bag cover.
Old 10-18-06, 10:25 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by truongsta8

honestly, im getting kinda tired with the chromes too... it's too heavy for my "spirited" driving... i was looking into 20'' forged rims or maybe even some 19" gold volk rims.... but for the winter time i think im gonna need to get my hands on some sc430 rims cuz i love how it looks on your car as well as MCV20's and tiguy99's car...

As for drop, i wanted to do an air suspension so i can control it easily inside the cabin but i cant seem to find an application for this car. im still doing some research and debating to either getting coilovers or lowering springs depending on my budget when next spring arrives...

i got the evolution kit off of ebay from a seller in california that imported parts from japan and i stumbled upon his listing of this kit saying it was authentic from EVOLUTION with the badges so i called him up and made the transaction over the phone.... $750 shipped to my door ($500 + $250 shipping) not bad when the kit retails for about $1800 dollars...
sc430s would look great on your car. i love white cars. if i repainted my car, i'd probably go with white. you know what else is even better? gold wheels on a white car. i love that look. volk or work wheels would match your japanese body kit much more than those chrome wheels. you got the body kit for a steal. i wonder if he does local pickup? i'd say go with tein coilovers like vin 78 did. his drop is really nice. what did you smoke your tail lights with? i'm thinking about doing the same to my car. keep up the good work!
Old 10-18-06, 10:32 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChrisES
sc430s would look great on your car. i love white cars. if i repainted my car, i'd probably go with white. you know what else is even better? gold wheels on a white car. i love that look. volk or work wheels would match your japanese body kit much more than those chrome wheels. you got the body kit for a steal. i wonder if he does local pickup? i'd say go with tein coilovers like vin 78 did. his drop is really nice. what did you smoke your tail lights with? i'm thinking about doing the same to my car. keep up the good work!
yea i feel the same way about gold rims on a white car... its looks hot and not everyone has gold rims... as for the body kit i can give u his email once i find it and you can ask him about local pickup... tein coilovers - im guessing i would have to order the one for the solaras? is it perfect fitment for the ES? any modifications needed for the install?

Tail lights - i used window tint paper that was left over from doing my window tints...lol its kinda ghetto but it came out looking good.... i removed it because some said that the darkness made my taillights look as if it was the 92-96 model tails. so i will be ordering the correct tint flim for the tailights to look smoked and classy....
Old 10-18-06, 10:38 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by truongsta8
yea i feel the same way about gold rims on a white car... its looks hot and not everyone has gold rims... as for the body kit i can give u his email once i find it and you can ask him about local pickup... tein coilovers - im guessing i would have to order the one for the solaras? is it perfect fitment for the ES? any modifications needed for the install?

Tail lights - i used window tint paper that was left over from doing my window tints...lol its kinda ghetto but it came out looking good.... i removed it because some said that the darkness made my taillights look as if it was the 92-96 model tails. so i will be ordering the correct tint flim for the tailights to look smoked and classy....
cool thanks. i don't know if i actually want to get it though. you can PM vin 78 about the tein coilovers. i'm guessing it's the solara part as well.

about your tail lights, i think keeping them clear makes your car look really clean. and if you match the front with clear corners, it'll look even better. just a suggestion. i want to smoke mine because my car is a darker red and because i hate the amber 97-99 tails. did your kit come with fog lights or do you use your stock ones?
Old 10-18-06, 10:47 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with ChrisES,

These would be sick!!!

Work Meister S1 3pc.(pictured is the 1 pc. version) gold...

or the Volk Racing GTU...
Old 10-18-06, 10:57 PM
chrispy

great taste vin. i was thinking of gold mesh wheels too. those works are hot!
Old 10-19-06, 04:04 AM
nciksuga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it alot. interior pics? what kind of upgrades have you guys done to your interior if any?
keep it up man good work..
careful where u park it tho. ppl may wanna jack those rims

Quick Reply: Finally....Body Kit Installed!! Plus other mods...