ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1997--- Help Fixing it up

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 12:58 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 1997--- Help Fixing it up

I'm on the hunt to get a black es300, either a 1997-1998 for a daily driver....mods that i want to do.....

upgrade to the red/white tail lights

paint the lower grey portion of the car black to match the car....

18 or 19 in bbs Lm's..

i Want to do a projector retrofit in the headlights, how easy is it to get the headlights to come apart? i've done this to my aftermarket benz lights and they came out great....

Whats a decent drop? nothing that will make the ride harsh but something confortable?

last what's a simple clean bodykit?? nothing over the top

thanks
guy

and yes i'm sort of a noobie
Old 09-27-06, 11:51 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

no love????
Old 09-28-06, 12:17 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
I'm on the hunt to get a black es300, either a 1997-1998 for a daily driver....mods that i want to do.....

it's going to run about $500

just like gato did

18 or 19 in bbs Lm's..

those are some expensive wheels for a not so expensive car. they are my favorite wheels though.

i Want to do a projector retrofit in the headlights, how easy is it to get the headlights to come apart? i've done this to my aftermarket benz lights and they came out great....

tiguy did a retrofit on his car and it turned out pretty nice. i want to do one soon too.

Whats a decent drop? nothing that will make the ride harsh but something confortable?

i have tein s-techs which offers a nice drop with a pretty comfy ride. unless you want to slam it, then there's ksport coilovers.

i like the trd kit but it's discontinued so good luck with that. the only nice kits are from japan and they are very expensive.

thanks
guy

hope that helps

edit: i have to admit, you have great taste. that's everything on the list i would do to my ES if i had the money. but since it's such an old car, pouring money into it doesn't seem worth it to me. if you follow through with all those mods, i'd really like to see how it turns out.
Old 09-28-06, 03:48 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexbenz

it's going to run about $500

just like gato did

18 or 19 in bbs Lm's..

those are some expensive wheels for a not so expensive car. they are my favorite wheels though.

tiguy did a retrofit on his car and it turned out pretty nice. i want to do one soon too.

i have tein s-techs which offers a nice drop with a pretty comfy ride. unless you want to slam it, then there's ksport coilovers.

i like the trd kit but it's discontinued so good luck with that. the only nice kits are from japan and they are very expensive.

thanks
guy

I agree with ChrisES's responses. Another good suspension choice is the Tanabe lowering springs paired with the KYB GR-2 struts. I just switched out my ES with that setup and the ride is almost exactly like stock to me without the crazy wheel gap. . Good luck with your ride bro.
Old 09-28-06, 08:31 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChrisES
hope that helps

edit: i have to admit, you have great taste. that's everything on the list i would do to my ES if i had the money. but since it's such an old car, pouring money into it doesn't seem worth it to me. if you follow through with all those mods, i'd really like to see how it turns out.

i see your point but i'm sick.......i always need to fix up a car....i had fixed up my benz to the point where the outside was nice and then i felt i had to take it up to another level and so i did widebody......i don't want to do anything crazy with the lexus but just something clean.......

this is what i like
Attached Thumbnails 1997--- Help Fixing it up-img_1.jpg  
Old 09-28-06, 08:33 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

the rear is so so nice.......

i guess as a few said if it's not worth it then i'd only do the projector mod and the tails and a tint and call it a day......

is there any replica auto couture kits out there??? real one goes for about 2300?? seems cheap after sending alot more on a benz kit
Attached Thumbnails 1997--- Help Fixing it up-img_3.jpg  
Old 09-28-06, 08:36 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

I love the auto couture kit. I currently have the camry TRD lip kit on but I think I'm going to eventually go with the AC kit. Its just so damn sexy.
Old 09-28-06, 01:28 PM
chrispy

i love the autocouture kit. it's so expensive though. the autocouture 19's are hot too. another nice clean kit is the wisesports one but it's really rare and you have to get it from japan. probably even more money. there's also the evolution kit that truongsta just installed and the exclusive one but i don't know too much about that one. any pics of your benz?
Old 09-28-06, 11:04 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Old 09-28-06, 11:06 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

chris you know if they make a replica AC kit and if not , where can i get it around here? i've seen it online for 2300....which isn't too bad , i think

here the benz pics

Old 09-29-06, 12:05 AM
chrispy

wow, that is hot. i love the blacked out grill and tails. that's some crazy deep dish going on. i've never seen a widebody e class but it looks great.

about the AC kit, i've never seen any replicas. i guess there's not much of a market for the ES guys so no one makes them.

if you want your ES slammed like your benz or the AC ES300, you're going to need some coilovers.
Old 09-29-06, 12:55 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

thanks..........
no i don't want to slam the es at all.....i'm even wondering if i should even mod it up now......is it really worth it and maybe my dad will drive it later down the line but i want it just like the pics with the AC kit.............i think it just looks clean....nothing overboard

headlights i'm set on but on the tails.....i heard i need a wiring harness? whats the deal with that?

i might just do headlights/tails and tint and save up for a big project down the line.....
Old 09-29-06, 04:08 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Da benz is hot man.

IMO I think its worth modding the ES if you're going to do it right. I feel its different than the IS, or the GS because you dont see many ES's modded and when you do it real nice it always draws attention. I'm not going extreme with mine cuz its a Lexus and it should be classy and not trashy but I defintely think it will turn heads. I really need to post some more recent pics of my car. Although I love my ES parts are so hard to find.
Old 09-29-06, 08:08 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The E class Benz looks Very Sexy.
Great Overall mods there. I like it very much.

As with the ES300. Everyone here pretty much suggested the right thing. I say go for all the mods, and do it up like your Benz. Why not stand out and make it look its Best.
All in all it comes down to $$$$
Anything is possible, and I would love to see your ES done up as well as your Benz..
Old 09-29-06, 08:34 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

thanks guys................i think i might go along with the kit but it all depends on who can get it for me>>>??? any ideas?

also i want to get some full face wheels but AC wheels are too much, any ideas?

Smitty0881 post pics of your car

Quick Reply: 1997--- Help Fixing it up