ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Pics of my ES

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-07, 02:30 PM
djdoughboy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys thanks again for the kind words. To answer some questions... yes tint is an upcoming mod... looks very strange to me with non-tinted windows.

The auto dim mirror I installed when I put a new windsheild in... we ran the wire under the headliner and down the pillar...

The cluster i took the brown window off and cut a piece of clear plastic the same shape and then atatched it to the cluster trim... it looks pretty awesome... LLT is lexus Lighting tech he does the LED retrofits for our cars and hes awesome! No more dead needles! and very very bright! everyone who rides in my car asks about the cluster

The nav I had to cut a piece of ABS plastic to create a trim piece for it since they do not make a dash kit for that kind of deck for the ES300. After I had cut it the shape to fit the avic i sanded it down so it was smooth and then I painted it with krylon semi-gloss paint... it matches the climate control plastic perfectly...

in the pics of the nav... it looks like my climate control lights are white... but they are not... they are green like the normal lights i dunno why the pics came out like that... haha...
Old 01-15-07, 02:40 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They New paint job looks Nice as well
Old 01-15-07, 04:44 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djdoughboy
hey guys thanks again for the kind words. To answer some questions... yes tint is an upcoming mod... looks very strange to me with non-tinted windows.

The auto dim mirror I installed when I put a new windsheild in... we ran the wire under the headliner and down the pillar...

The cluster i took the brown window off and cut a piece of clear plastic the same shape and then atatched it to the cluster trim... it looks pretty awesome... LLT is lexus Lighting tech he does the LED retrofits for our cars and hes awesome! No more dead needles! and very very bright! everyone who rides in my car asks about the cluster

The nav I had to cut a piece of ABS plastic to create a trim piece for it since they do not make a dash kit for that kind of deck for the ES300. After I had cut it the shape to fit the avic i sanded it down so it was smooth and then I painted it with krylon semi-gloss paint... it matches the climate control plastic perfectly...

in the pics of the nav... it looks like my climate control lights are white... but they are not... they are green like the normal lights i dunno why the pics came out like that... haha...
Looks awesome!
I guess you've become CL's most recent 2nd gen. ES300 guru with all the work you've put into your ride!
So is LLT a local California guy, or did you have to ship your cluster off somewhere to have done?
Thanks for the great pics. I want to see some more after you get the tinting done. Probably won't even recognize the car. Tint makes such a difference.

Last edited by Lexucan; 01-16-07 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 06:08 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Your car looks really clean...the wheels are a nice touch too, now all it needs is a drop to complete the look
Old 01-16-07, 09:38 AM
djdoughboy
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Looks awesome!
I guess you've become CL's most recent 2nd gen. ES300 guru with all the work you've put into your ride!
So is LLT a local California guy, or did you have to ship your cluster off somewhere to have done? It looks great, BTW.
Thanks for the great pics. I want to see some more after you get the tinting done. Probably won't even recognize the car. Tint makes such a difference.
Thanks man LLT is in the midwest somewhere... cant remember exactly where he was based out of... but the turn-around was quick. I sent it out on a monday and got it back in about a week and a half. He even recalibrated my needles for me... did a great job... here is a link for you guys if you are interested... http://www.lextech.org/

And yeah, I will definitely take some more pictures after I get it tinted and install the struts and springs. Im hoping that the springs dont drop it tooooo much, because I like the smooth ride...

I am thinking about doing 30% all around. I know its illeagal here in Cali, but I also am not a big fan of the non-uniform tint look. IMO it looks best with the same percetage on all the windows...
Old 01-16-07, 03:43 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful!! You have a very nice ride.
Old 01-16-07, 03:51 PM
djdoughboy
Driver

Originally Posted by 93lexuses
Beautiful!! You have a very nice ride.

Thanks, nice 5 speed, gotta love the all white look
Old 01-16-07, 03:54 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djdoughboy
Thanks, nice 5 speed, gotta love the all white look
Thanks!
Old 01-16-07, 11:14 PM
GS4.0
Driver School Candidate

Excellent work! It looks great, I especially like the HID on the car. Can't wait to see the final product.
Old 01-17-07, 07:57 PM
toddpa332
Driver School Candidate

Nice pics , my cluster unit was just sent out this this week to be fixed by them . However , once the cluster was pulled out , the car barley wants to idle . Did you have the promblem? I am still curious , where did you get your mirror from? What make and model?
Old 01-17-07, 08:42 PM
djdoughboy
Driver

Originally Posted by toddpa332
Nice pics , my cluster unit was just sent out this this week to be fixed by them . However , once the cluster was pulled out , the car barley wants to idle . Did you have the promblem? I am still curious , where did you get your mirror from? What make and model?
Hi No my car ran normal w/o the cluster. Having the cluster removed should not effect the way it runs, there may be something else going on there...

The mirror is the standard gentex mirror that is in a lot of the new toyotas. You can purchase this mirror directly from gentex or you can pull it at a junk yard from pretty much any late model lexus or toyota. I ordered mine through ebay for around $45 and it supposedly came from a 02-06 ES300.

here is a link to one exactly like mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Le...spagenameZWD1V

one thing i would like to add about this mod... it is not a direct clip onto your existing mount, to do this mod you need to remove the old mirror and mount and attatch this one... when i did mine i was getting a new windsheild anyway... so i just told them to glue this one on instead of the OEM one...

Last edited by djdoughboy; 01-17-07 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-18-07, 07:10 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow your car looks fantastic. Tasteful lookin mods. Love it!
Old 01-19-07, 09:04 PM
toddpa332
Driver School Candidate

So basicly you just hooked the mirror upto a power supply ? or do you need the "brain " to make it work?
Old 01-20-07, 07:08 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

thats just a beauty
Old 01-23-07, 05:09 PM
djdoughboy
Driver

Originally Posted by toddpa332
So basicly you just hooked the mirror upto a power supply ? or do you need the "brain " to make it work?
nope all you need is a power source, but I was reading about the install from some of the SC guys who have done the mod, and they suggest not to use your map lights for the power... so i ran mine under the headliner and down the pillar and connected it to a ground and powered it from the ignition wire like you would if you were hooking up a deck... cause you dont want it to be on after the car is turned off...

Quick Reply: Pics of my ES