ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Fog light location opinions!?!...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 06:33 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog light location opinions!?!...

So i think my car looks really good with this mesh in on the top grill and bottom grill opening, but it was missing something and i believe it was fog lights so i went out and bought some nice *expensive fog lights with halos. I had to run some new set of wires and relays under my hood with a 3-way rocker switch so i got to all that but i didnt connect the actual fog lights yet because i wanted your guys opinion on whether i should:

1) put them infront of my mesh, the fog lights are about 3" deep so they will me sticking out and to me ugly...

2) BEHIND the mesh...
or
3) Cut a circle in the mesh for them to fit into and somehow get them to have a nice snug fit so i dont loose them on the highway...

Old 03-14-07, 07:42 AM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

I dunno, i would prob mount them behind the mesh. In my opinion i dont really like the way aftermarket fogs look on cars. Cosmetically the car would look better to me if they werent seen in day light. But, i bet it would look pretty cool(driving torward me) at night when they shine through the mesh.

a flush mount with the mesh might look good but you gotta be really good to pull some slick S*** like that.

Not tryin to knock on ya but, i think the car would look better with the stock upper grill. i dont really care for the mesh there but leave it on the lower b/c it kinda looks cool.

some constructive critism, theres my 2 cents.

Good Luck with the fogs!
Old 03-14-07, 07:53 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoreMGD32
Not tryin to knock on ya but, i think the car would look better with the stock upper grill. i dont really care for the mesh there ...

some constructive critism, theres my 2 cents.

Good Luck with the fogs!
He said it...
Old 03-14-07, 09:09 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

yah, if i want the stock upper grill i have to buy a new one i went threw a car wash and it broke off a couple of my clips that hold the bolts from the back which is why i changed my grill in the first place... I think the bottom mesh looks good to, thanks for the constructive criticism, hopefully ill have my fog lights in later today. and hopefully ill post some pictures up tonight for you guys!... some more feedback would be good
Old 03-14-07, 10:28 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

I agree, the top grille mesh isn't my cup of tea, but I definitely like it in the lower grille. You should stick the fogs behind the mesh so that it just shines through when they are on. I was thinking of doing this with mine, and maybe also cutting out the middle piece of the two 'vents' on each side of the grill, and sticking the stock yellow projectors in there covered with mesh as well. Not sure how easy that would be, but I think it would look fresh.

Post some pics up for sure once you make your decision, and maybe from some different angles other than head on. The upper grille would probably look a lot better if you dont see the stuff behind it.
Old 03-14-07, 10:56 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MCG33
I agree, the top grille mesh isn't my cup of tea, but I definitely like it in the lower grille. You should stick the fogs behind the mesh so that it just shines through when they are on. I was thinking of doing this with mine, and maybe also cutting out the middle piece of the two 'vents' on each side of the grill, and sticking the stock yellow projectors in there covered with mesh as well. Not sure how easy that would be, but I think it would look fresh.

Post some pics up for sure once you make your decision, and maybe from some different angles other than head on. The upper grille would probably look a lot better if you dont see the stuff behind it.
Sounds like a plan to me, i'll probally have it done tonight with some help from my dad. What do you guys suggest i do with the upper mesh grill? buy a stock one or do something different.. suggestions and criticism welcome! I'm not to fond of the idea of putting the stock projector fogs in ALSO, i think thats to many lights one set of each is enough for me
Old 03-14-07, 11:33 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO you should find a stock grill for the top and keep mesh on the bottom, looks nice. As for the fogs, see if you can fit them in the mesh and cut holes in the mesh to fit perfectly around the fogs, that would look great. . Get some pics up after you finish with w/e you decide to do.
Old 03-14-07, 01:18 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
IMO you should find a stock grill for the top and keep mesh on the bottom, looks nice. As for the fogs, see if you can fit them in the mesh and cut holes in the mesh to fit perfectly around the fogs, that would look great. . Get some pics up after you finish with w/e you decide to do.
I'm gonna think about the cutting hole thing but so far i think im gonna go with putting it BEHIND the mesh... As for the whole grill delema i think im gonna keep it how it is for now and ill try to either fix the original or find something that looks more appealing or just suites the car better keep up with the feedback guys i got a few hours before i make my decision and get to installing, let me know what you think. You guys are giving me some great input!!
Old 03-14-07, 11:06 PM
MCG33
Pole Position

Oh I meant having the fogs in the either place, not both. That would be way too many lights.
Old 03-15-07, 05:52 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whether you put the fogs behind the mesh or cut out a hole for it, i think it will look great. Now the upper grille, if your gonna leave the mesh, maybe consider putting something behind it so you can't see into the engine bay? Just some opinions to consider . And remember pics after install !! lol
Old 03-15-07, 06:48 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Here We Go!

This i just thought it was a nice pic, right before i bought the fogs...

Right after the install in my garage...

Fogs and HID's but no halos...

Front long exposure of halos driving lights and matching speakers...

Same as above but further...

Constructive criticism welcome, give me your thoughts and ideas! I was thinking about disconnecting my speaker LED's im starting to think its to much, what do you think?
Old 03-15-07, 07:41 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

I was just checking out the pix i took last night and thought i should add this one
Old 03-15-07, 07:59 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Halos/Angel Eyes on the headlamps
- Halos/Angel Eyes on the foglamps
- Lights from/around speakers

Just so you understand my perspective, I don't like things that attract extra attention. If you're looking to get a lot of attention, you're on the right track. If you don't want it looking decked out like the Griswold house at Christmas, you might want to throttle back a bit.
Old 03-15-07, 08:07 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Ok you just gave me an idea, what if i removed the halos from my fog lights, disconnected the led's inside the rear speakers, installed the halos from the fog lights into my headlamps, and just left regular fogs?...
Old 03-15-07, 08:10 AM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

If you don't want it looking decked out like the Griswold house at Christmas, you might want to throttle back a bit.

+1

Quick Reply: Fog light location opinions!?!...