ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Put a 7" Monitor in my ES300

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 12:26 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put a 7" Monitor in my ES300

So for the past week ive been wanting to put in a monitor in my car in which i had laying around my house for a few years now. So i finally got around to doing it yesterday when i got out of work.

Its a pretty nice yet temporary install. Its not installed very sturdy its just sitting on something to keep it from moving during driving and keep it angled just right.

Earlier today i was driving around with my digital camera attached to the monitor and i set my digital camera on my dash it was so AWESOME
I took out my cup holder and my ash tray, then took the trim and screwed the wood siding back to it and put it in place tell me what you think

Old 03-17-07, 01:40 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Where ya gonna put your Slurpee?

Looks nice. Is it too low for use with Navigation software, i.e. is looking down that low going to pull your eyes away from the road too long?
(Asking because I'm looking to do the same thing with a Car PC)
Old 03-17-07, 08:12 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like it but slooooooow is right about the nav software unless you use it when you come to a stop. I would also lift back up the console and hide those wires. Also what do you have it hooked up too.
Old 03-17-07, 08:15 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

I also agree with ^. Although it looks good, the function is limited.

i was thinking about doing a 7" vga screen where the stock radio is for my carputer project.

still debating if i should spend the money on a carpc tho
Old 03-18-07, 06:36 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Well i definetly beleve its to low for navi, i have 2 video inputs on it, one is to my ipod video and the other to my dash mounted digital camera recording myself driving for fun. For the first day or 2 of having it you cant tae your eyes off of it but you let yourself pull your eyes away easily

I dont have navi on it for now its just a monitor. I did fix those wires actually! i hid them underneath my e-brake. it's cleannnn

Slooooooow, It wont have you pulling your eyes from the road for long enough to get you into trouble, just quick glances.

CAR PC WOULD BE NICEEE. F*** A SLURPEE!! hahaha, i tried nothing having to use my cup holders when i had them anyway, they were a B**** to pull out, i guess the springload was broken couldnt fix it even after pulling it out and taking apart, the coil wasnt strong enough to push it out....

Last edited by E-Z ES300; 03-18-07 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-08-07, 04:23 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Alright, im kinda reopening this thread for a different purpose but for something that connects to that monitor....

So the other night i was at my friends studying our A$$es off for finals this week, time came around to 2am and thought i should be going home... As i was backing out of his drive way i did something VERY VERY stupid... I was trying to look through my tints limo tinted back window when i definetly could not see a thing but i thought nothing was there so i very slowly reversed and after about 5 feet BOOM there goes my passenger side tail light shattered a hole in the center of it...

So now im looking at keyhole reverse cameras, i KNOW i can get the ones that mount onto the license plate frame i would much rather have the keyhole ones... one problem i think i will have with it is that our 92-96 body ES's look like the keyhole is much smaller then other car's so i was wondering if anyone knows more about this or has this mod done?? Nothing was found from the search results, so my question is do you guys know if something like this would fit??

Old 05-08-07, 06:51 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Looks kinda big. Doubt it would fit unless u take it out of the casing? I think u might have to go with the license plate mounted ones.
Old 05-08-07, 06:54 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

a lil teaser pic of what i'm doing

Old 05-09-07, 07:50 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Mann, that looks GOOODDDD, that IS a tease get me some info on what your doing there!??!
Old 05-09-07, 10:11 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maniax

So cleeeeeeeeeeeean!
Old 05-09-07, 11:31 AM
iDrive
Rookie

so will the monitor still allow u to play cd/radio and whatever other func. u have to take off to install that?
Old 05-09-07, 02:06 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E-Z ES300
Alright, im kinda reopening this thread for a different purpose but for something that connects to that monitor....

So the other night i was at my friends studying our A$$es off for finals this week, time came around to 2am and thought i should be going home... As i was backing out of his drive way i did something VERY VERY stupid... I was trying to look through my tints limo tinted back window when i definetly could not see a thing but i thought nothing was there so i very slowly reversed and after about 5 feet BOOM there goes my passenger side tail light shattered a hole in the center of it...

So now im looking at keyhole reverse cameras, i KNOW i can get the ones that mount onto the license plate frame i would much rather have the keyhole ones... one problem i think i will have with it is that our 92-96 body ES's look like the keyhole is much smaller then other car's so i was wondering if anyone knows more about this or has this mod done?? Nothing was found from the search results, so my question is do you guys know if something like this would fit??

Does that cammera have night vision? It looks kinda small to have any ir leds in it.
Old 05-09-07, 02:06 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by maniax

Very clean whats left to do to complete it?
Old 05-09-07, 05:19 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slooooooow

So cleeeeeeeeeeeean!
lol I wish such can be said about the condition my interior!
Old 05-09-07, 05:20 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Choas
Very clean whats left to do to complete it?
hopefully i can show you by the end of this weekend!

Quick Reply: Put a 7" Monitor in my ES300