ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Painted my badges++

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 11:46 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will probally get around to it tomorrow if its a LITTLE bit nicer outside cause right now we got some flurry's coming down in Chicago it stinks
Old 04-06-07, 07:32 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

So yesterday i took my car to my mechanic to take off my wheel locks because i did not want to go to my lexus dealer to purchase a new key and even my mechanic had a hard time taking off my wheel locks with a air compressor and air gun!!! But after about 15 minutes they were all off (and are still off) I'm driving around on 4 lugs on each wheel, i dunno how safe that is but its only temporary, btw i also bought 5/16 inch wheel spacers for the back because the tires were rubbing against my back shocks!! My lugs are holding on for dear life with about 7 threads or so?... I think i might have to get some longer ones.. The ride is a little rougher and it feels like i can take turns a little harder but i dont want to test that out until theres 5 lugs and i wanna be sure that its holding by enough threads per lug... Theres a turn by my home that my car could barely handle at about 20 and now 25 feels like NOTHING!!!!
Old 04-06-07, 06:09 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Alright guys as an UPDATE im sitting on my laptop with about 5 minutes left on the oven while my SECOND headlight is baking for me to do my blackout, i finished my first one looks sexy, theres just way to much condensation behind the projector, not the lens... im happy though!!! PIX SOON!1!
Old 04-06-07, 06:57 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds cool, I'll have to see the pictures when you put em on. I've been on a modification rampage ever since I got my car back into the garage, tomorow will be the tail lghts mod.
Old 04-06-07, 08:07 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mind posting various pics of the headlight parts..like the chrome shroud, clear lens by its self, and the headlight with out the shroud and lens...
I'm interested in what stuff looks like in there and I'm still planning on black chrome/gunmetal -ing my lights as well as the clearing the diffuser for the turn signals and black chrome/gunmetalling that too
Of course..with ap tests and everything it would save a lot of time/experimenting
Oddly enough..I think I'll leave the orange reflector in there cause ...I'm not sure whats behind there.
Old 04-06-07, 09:26 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Do you mind posting various pics of the headlight parts..like the chrome shroud, clear lens by its self, and the headlight with out the shroud and lens...
I'm interested in what stuff looks like in there and I'm still planning on black chrome/gunmetal -ing my lights as well as the clearing the diffuser for the turn signals and black chrome/gunmetalling that too
Of course..with ap tests and everything it would save a lot of time/experimenting
Oddly enough..I think I'll leave the orange reflector in there cause ...I'm not sure whats behind there.
I'm sorry man!.. If i would have checked on here to read that you wanted to see it i would have snapped some shots but i didnt.. I will be sooner or later openeing up one of them and i promise you i will get some shots of whats behind that chrome shroud... til them heres some finished product pictures i just took...

I'll get some better pictures once i do some finishing touches such as get that condensation out of the other light, its VERY bad, you cant even see that i blacked it out. It was also to cold to get some pix.. I also snapped some shots of my "new" wheels that my friend gave me from his Z i got my spacers and filled them up with air my car handles much better now...

Tell me what you guys think about where my car has gotten thus far?!?! Im very interested to know your opinions
Old 04-06-07, 09:48 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm they look good Reminds me of 95-96 headlights.
I see you've cleared your tails too
The new wheels and tires look great. I've always thought the oem beefy tires/wheels made the car look a little fat.
Old 04-06-07, 09:57 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

LOL, clearing the headlights and tails was one of my FIRST mods just after i ripped out the air filter to let the poor car breath and come to life!... but yah i am SOOOO glad clearing those tails is setup for you to do SOOO easily, im glad i did it, 95-96 come stock with the black inside? is it a JDM thing or all of them? Cause i know ive heard of them... Mine is a 95 but they were chrome
Old 04-06-07, 09:59 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Its on the first page (better pic of the tails cleared out...

Old 04-07-07, 05:47 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta tell you man the car is turning out real nice . One thing though, i thought you were gonna put on black rims . lol newayz they look good man, keep up the great work .
Old 04-07-07, 06:36 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

LOL, I will sooner or later, im thinking twice about black wheels now though... I might go with some nice alloys or something besides black. These i threw on because my friend had them and we wanted to try to see if they fit cause we knew the bolt pattern was the same and hey they fit, the car drives better, looks better, and its always better then stock... so for now its these A really cool thing about stock Z wheels is that the way they are made is the holes are designed to pull air INTO and out of the brakes and rotors!!! ( My friend told me this) its a cool little fact to know
Old 04-07-07, 07:08 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Z ES300
LOL, I will sooner or later, im thinking twice about black wheels now though... I might go with some nice alloys or something besides black. These i threw on because my friend had them and we wanted to try to see if they fit cause we knew the bolt pattern was the same and hey they fit, the car drives better, looks better, and its always better then stock... so for now its these A really cool thing about stock Z wheels is that the way they are made is the holes are designed to pull air INTO and out of the brakes and rotors!!! ( My friend told me this) its a cool little fact to know
Nice, and come to think of it, after looking at the pics again, i think some gunmetal rims would look real nice on there and complement the rest of your color scheme. jus sumtin else to think about lol
Old 04-07-07, 08:08 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Hmmm, I never thought about gun metal rims, i never really like them. Maybe if i see some photoshopped on my car and if i like them i shall go for it but til then, nahhh
Old 04-07-07, 01:58 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did your tail lights have a small red reflector in-between your reverse and amber lights?

Old 04-07-07, 06:30 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

No sir they did not, I guess mines the newer 95 series....

Guys guess what i just did!!... I DISCONNECTED MY MUFFLER!!... IMHO IT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE, i dont intend on keeping it this way but curiosity got to me and i really wanted to know what kind of scream this girl had that was being covered up by that big muffler in the back and now i know and she sounds HOT!!!

Quick Reply: Painted my badges++