ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Totaled es300

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 07:01 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled es300

Today i just totalled my es300 (1996). Going down a windy hill in the rain and a car cut me off causing me to surve and spin out of control and hitting the guard rail at around 35mph. My girlfrind and I are pretty much okay, we both walked out of the car with some bruses. The whole front end is gone, pretty sure the main engine itself is okay though. My question is what are my options since i only have 1 way insurance, and i was not able to get the other car plate number. Should i part it out, or just junk it like many ppl are telling me. I really dont want to junk it but dont know what to do, what can i do to get the most money out of it. Any suggestion would be great.
Old 03-27-07, 08:24 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronolexus
Today i just totalled my es300 (1996). Going down a windy hill in the rain and a car cut me off causing me to surve and spin out of control and hitting the guard rail at around 35mph. My girlfrind and I are pretty much okay, we both walked out of the car with some bruses. The whole front end is gone, pretty sure the main engine itself is okay though. My question is what are my options since i only have 1 way insurance, and i was not able to get the other car plate number. Should i part it out, or just junk it like many ppl are telling me. I really dont want to junk it but dont know what to do, what can i do to get the most money out of it. Any suggestion would be great.
Real sorry to hear about your car, but the main thing is you and your g/f are okay, aside from some bruises. As for the fate of your car, I'm in Canada and don't know exactly how your insurance system works down there. I hope things work out for you.
Old 03-27-07, 08:30 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey sorry bud. Make sure you keep the car! If you can't fix this one, and sometime you buy another car, imagine the upgrades you could do to it... eveything that's in the ES could be placed into another car. Well, you know what I mean.
Old 03-28-07, 03:39 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

part it out. car is totaled.

i'm pretty sure the frame is bent and its not a good idea to repair it. even so it'll be to costly. furthermore, engine work,tranny,axle,control arms,airbag etc. thats alot of money.

you can get more for your money by parting it out.

like doors,door panels, mirror, window regulator, side mirrors, tires, brake , gas tank, sensor, ecu, shift assembly, pedals, seats, cluster, radio cluster, climate control cluster, carpets, switches, center console, dashboard, rotors, suspensions, relays, taillight assembly, wire harness, anything thats good in the engine bay, speakers, stock amp, switch assembly on the steering wheel, buttons, trunk cover, rear bumper, dome assembly, sun visor, side panels and rear panels.. and everything else i'm missing.

i hope this helps you out. sorry to hear about your car.
Old 03-28-07, 10:04 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the replys, and i guess nothing can explain the damages done like pictures can do
Attached Thumbnails Totaled es300-image_00004.jpg  
Old 03-28-07, 10:05 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

pic 2 sorry about the quality of the picture, had to use my phone camera
Attached Thumbnails Totaled es300-image_00003.jpg  
Old 03-28-07, 10:07 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

Pic 3 might have some more pic tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Totaled es300-image_00005.jpg  
Old 03-28-07, 11:29 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

That's screwed! Question.. did the airbag work?
Old 03-28-07, 11:51 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

Air bags worked like a charm, eventhough it gave me several cuts and bruses on my arms.
Old 03-28-07, 11:58 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Good, because in the James Bond movie (Die another Day) i think that's the one, the Aston Martin that crashes in the movie and rolls... got some record for most rolls on a set without aid. And you know what happened? Not 1 airbag went off :P
That's what you get for your $400 000 :P
A freind pointed that out to me.
Old 03-29-07, 07:23 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Wow wow wow, bad crash, VERY GLAD NO ONE WAS HURT, Just remember that a car is replaceable but your life isnt!!.. I might say that you should part it out if you have the room and time, if you have a place to keep it to part it out go for it!
Old 03-29-07, 10:00 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

rono, sorry to hear about the accident you and your g/f went through. Looking at the pics, I can honestly say that your car is definitely totaled. Even if it's all fixed nice and pretty, the car is not going to drive the same, and you're going to encounter alignment problems down the road. Work with your insurance company and make sure they give you the settlement check in the amount you expect. Good luck, and also don't discount the thought of a visit to the doctor, especially after a hard crash like that.
Old 03-29-07, 01:08 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you're okay, that's what really matters. Cars can be replaced, people cannot.

I would get that totaled, as Lexusk8 mentioned. It won't be the same even after repairs.
Old 04-08-07, 10:37 PM
ronolexus
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone thanks for all the concern, after thinking about it i decided to fix it, even though it might be the same as before. After having the car checked out, heres no frame damage, so immah bring this baby back to life and try to make it even better than before. It gonna take awhile since i still have to save up money to fix it, but ill post some update once i start on it. I just couldnt say good bye to it and would never have the heart to junk it.
Old 04-08-07, 10:53 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

didnt insurance cut you a check?

Quick Reply: Totaled es300