ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

not a good night, i think i blew my motor... help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-07, 01:23 PM
shadowless
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not a good night, i think i blew my motor... help!

so after getting my 92 lexus es300 running straight and deicde to sell it to a friend. i told him id put some mile son for safe measure before i do sell. so i decide i want to take it for a nice long 60-75 mile freeway cruz around the area ( somewhere that if it takes a dump on me i can easily get a ride or help from a friend)

well i decide to go to washougal and head down sr14 to see my sister and law and rest of my family. as im turning off the freeway i loose my throttle response and the temp gauge starts rising quickly, by the time i turn ( not needing to come to a stop before) the car dies on me mid turn and i coast into a side street. so i put it back in park and its starts up but doesnt sound good. i pull a couple feet around the corner into a bi mart parking lot under a street lamp and begin to peak under the hood. since it was a test drive i brought some essentials. my tool box with the basics, back up fluids, and flash light. well i shut it off and let it cool down a bit till it stop blowing steam. then started it back up only to hear the worst noise ever. KNOCKING!!! and the oil light was flickering on and off. but when you give it some throttle it goes off.

so i am hoping this is a oil presure issue and at worst bearings. it has the head gaskets up redone (previously blown head gasket in both center cylinders on both banks and i did not see any oil in the water nor was i able to notice any water in the oil. so i cam back a llittle later when it was colder, with my truck and tow strap. tried to start her up and she still had a horrible knock and oil light flickering. so i just pulled it to my inlaws 1.5 miles up a steep grade to there house.

any ideas?? sudden bearing failure? oil pick up gummed up??? any ideas where to get a good 3vzfe in the oregon washington area? should i get a jdm used or a usd used???
Old 03-29-07, 05:54 PM
vstolyarov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i prefer jdm
Old 03-29-07, 06:07 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

your lack of oil pressure blew it up.

https://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php