ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

es300 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-03, 08:50 PM
Rit&Booner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after connecting the new reciever, i get no power to it, engine starts. i tried swapping the acc and ignition wire, still didn't work, ground wire is #11 white with 1 dot. why is it like this?
Old 02-26-03, 03:01 PM
92lex
Driver School Candidate

Dude Wire's #4 and #1 are all you need from the factory harness. These are the power wires. Why did you think #11 is the ground? Just run the ground of your new deck to the body of the car.

Hope this clears thing up. Let us know how it goes!

Later
---92Lex
Old 02-26-03, 11:38 PM
Rit&Booner
Driver

the diagram you gave for the ignition +12 was wrong for my 95 lex. The +12 ignition was the blue wire with pink stripe. after connecting that, i got power and then started wiring the speakers, all is working good now. I don't know if it's your mistake or just a different wiring from Lexus or what.

I forgot what pin number the +12 ignition was but, i just glad that this shiznit works. Installed this when it was snowing freezing fingers, i went through hell man, but it was worth it, thanks very much for the speaker diagram, I thank you so much 92lex. You just don't know man.
Old 07-17-05, 08:35 PM
jg67
Driver School Candidate

Talking Could I use this on a 98 es300?

Originally Posted by 92lex
I guess I was too slow but here it is any way.
What year and model is this for? I have a 98 es300. I was wondering if I can use this diagram. Thanks
Old 04-04-06, 04:36 PM
aldente
Driver School Candidate

Default Bypass Amp?

I just went to circuit city and they told me i would have to bypass the amp by cutting the input wires and output wires and splicing them together....did anyone have to do this when installing their aftermarket headunit..?

So far i have connected the blue with red stripe wire to the red (power) on my alpine
white wire (with one dot) ground to my black ground wire on my alpine
and the gray wire (constant 12v) with the yellow (battery) wire on my alpine...the alpine lit up, but when i tried to get sound from the speakers...nothing. The alpine actually started to heat up also

Also, I have no idea why but my turn signals dont work...the light bulbs work but the signals dont for some reason...ive checked every fuse...everythings fine. Do you think it's because my whole climate control/radio is out?
Old 04-04-06, 04:53 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aldente
I just went to circuit city and they told me i would have to bypass the amp by cutting the input wires and output wires and splicing them together....did anyone have to do this when installing their aftermarket headunit..?

So far i have connected the blue with red stripe wire to the red (power) on my alpine
white wire (with one dot) ground to my black ground wire on my alpine
and the gray wire (constant 12v) with the yellow (battery) wire on my alpine...the alpine lit up, but when i tried to get sound from the speakers...nothing. The alpine actually started to heat up also

Also, I have no idea why but my turn signals dont work...the light bulbs work but the signals dont for some reason...ive checked every fuse...everythings fine. Do you think it's because my whole climate control/radio is out?
I just got my 94 ES about 6-7 weeks ago so I'm still learning. I did; however, install one of my old Alpine CVA-1005 monitor headunits in the car already. I used the Metra harness that people posted above and had no problems. For now, I plugged in the supplied RCA connectors on the harness into the preamp outputs and have been using the stock amp and speakers. I have no problems except for occational engine whine like some mentioned. I don't believe this is a harness problem but a signal path route problem. The reason being is it was working noice free for a while until I slammed on the breaks then all of a sudden I got noice. Since then the noice varies to nothing, barrely audible, or quite audible. Since it was working noise free for a few days I assume when I slammed on the breaks it shifted the wiring position in the center console area and is not picking up inducted noise. Anyway, I'll go back in, find a clean area and probably tape it down. Other than that though it was pretty easy to install.

As for the turn signals. I can't be sure on the ES, but I believe it is because you disconnected the hazzard button connector. Once you put that back in it sould blink again.
Old 04-05-06, 06:19 PM
aldente
Driver School Candidate

hey..yea my turn signalss..that was the problem i had disconnected it and didnt realize it (b/c it's connected to the Air/AC system) Umm but yea..still tryin to figure out where the speaker wires are that went into the stock head unit?
Old 04-11-06, 04:37 AM
aldente
Driver School Candidate

Default How to install a stereo in a LEXUS ES300

Here's my own tutorial/writeup...it's a little more clear plus i obtained the colored wiring diagrams from the manual

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210521
Old 06-29-13, 03:55 PM
Golfcluber
Driver School Candidate

Default Response of new member

Hey, I'm new. I came in because I have a wiring problem; grounding of the wire from fuse box to the radio, on my ES300 1997. Line draws 600 mAmps until I pull the fuse. So I assume the wire is grounded enroute to the 'box'. The radio works fine, so the wire is probably touching a grounding point. Without the diagram, it's a tough haul to trace a wire. The diagram would be a great help.

So far, this has been one of the most confusing web sites I have come across. I now Club Lexus has access to 1997 ES 300 wiring diagrams because I have seen your post outside of Club Lexus on Google search.

I don't understand why I can't put ES 300 wiring diagram in the Search and get some reply. Help and guidance would be appreciated. Golfcluber
Old 06-29-13, 04:43 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,833 Likes on 2,395 Posts

Are you having a specific problem such as your battery going dead? The stereo does draw power obviously, nothing abnormal about that.

If a power wire was touching ground it would draw far in excess of 600 milliamps.
Old 06-29-13, 06:33 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are the only EWD I could find regarding the radio and its ground. Hopefully this helps.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/b3wc.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/rd68.jpg/

For some reason they wouldn't post here, just copy and paste the url.

*also this is for the 1997 es300

Last edited by PuReChaos; 06-29-13 at 06:54 PM. Reason: pictures weren't showing up
Old 07-01-13, 08:29 AM
Golfcluber
Driver School Candidate

Default Golfcluber with wiring problems

Thanks for the help. The problem is that there is a 600mA draw on the radio fuse line when the radio and ignition (and everything else as far as I can tell) are off. That seems strange. Any thoughts?
Old 07-01-13, 04:08 PM
randal
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfcluber
Thanks for the help. The problem is that there is a 600mA draw on the radio fuse line when the radio and ignition (and everything else as far as I can tell) are off. That seems strange. Any thoughts?
All keep in mind that some electronics needs a certain amount of time after the ignition is turned off to power themselves down and go into a quiescent mode. So, it might take 10 minutes or an hour or longer to see.

The wire is not touching a grounding point because if it did the fuse would be blown or the wire would be burned up. The question by Lexus2000(post #25) is very relevant and would be helpful if addressed.
Old 10-30-18, 03:05 PM
MichaelPm
Rookie

Default 1996 es 300 cd changer plug pin diagram?

Hello, I want to use my cd changer wires to connect aux for phone changer is not working anyways and my tape is hooked up to sirrius,i will get a cd player later but for now can someone please show me a diagram of which wire is what to the cd changer thanks i am new prob wrote in wrong place.
Old 03-04-19, 05:28 PM
MichaelPm
Rookie

Originally Posted by alvin
gray pin 3 is ACC

pink\blue pin 1 is amp+

white pin 11 is ground

brown pin 5 is mute

green red pin 8 is ant+

this is from clip A to the deck

clip B goes to the CD changer

Alvin
Green ES 300
Hello,You are the only one I have found with this info,Can you please tell me which wires are which for the cd changer the a clip plan to cut it in my trunk and add an auxiliary since the changer broke.Thank You

Quick Reply: es300 wiring diagram