ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Bad Day :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-07, 07:50 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I'm thinkin $2-3k range for repairs. Sorry to hear that happened......hopefully there isn't hidden damage beyond the bumper, headlights , and fender.
Old 06-02-07, 09:25 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i had a big scrach on my bumper, they wanted 600 just to repaint it, you have all that to buy and repaint, happy ur ok, good luck with everything
Old 06-03-07, 07:46 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what i have so far for parts cost. $300 for the hood, $150 for the headlight, $100 for the mirror $90 for the blinker and $200 for the fender. If i do need a new bumper which depends on what it looks like when i get it up in the air. If i do need a new bumper I found the 00 bumper is cheaper it was about $300 for on with fogs but it says cover only not sure what that means. I'm going with all used parts except for the radiator I always have if there a little scratched its ok It needs to be painted anyways which is gonna run me about $300-$500. So were up to about $1200 if i dont need a bumper $1500 if I do. Now this is if it doesn't need to be put on the frame machine.
Old 06-03-07, 09:32 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My estimate was for NEW parts, directly from Lexus, not used.
Old 06-03-07, 09:35 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Default I know how you feel Choas!

My car got hit Friday afternoon

Some turkey at the local car wash backed his Ford F-350 into my car as I was preparing to wash it. I had the trunk lid open to get my wash mitt out and all of a sudden my car jumped backwards, knocking me right off my feet!
At first I thought someone had got into my car to steal it and was trying to run me over at the same time. The driver of the pick-up said he didn't see my car before he backed up.....maybe checking in his mirrors might have helped!
His trailer hitch punched a nice hole in my bumper and buckled the hood so it won't open. Probably need a new passenger side headlight assembly as well.
Not sure yet what other damage may have also occurred under the hood.
There wasn't so much as one bit of damage on his !#$*%!& truck.
He says he wants to pay cash for my repairs. He might change his mind when he hears how much they're going to cost. It goes into the body shop on Tuesday.

Old 06-03-07, 02:03 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amf1932
My estimate was for NEW parts, directly from Lexus, not used.
Yea i'm to cheap for new LOL. Its gonna get painted anyways so it really doesn't matter. Also it will cost less for me to get clear corners then to get one used one.
Old 06-03-07, 02:07 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexucan
My car got hit Friday afternoon

Some turkey at the local car wash backed his Ford F-350 into my car as I was preparing to wash it. I had the trunk lid open to get my wash mitt out and all of a sudden my car jumped backwards, knocking me right off my feet!
At first I thought someone had got into my car to steal it and was trying to run me over at the same time. The driver of the pick-up said he didn't see my car before he backed up.....maybe checking in his mirrors might have helped!
His trailer hitch punched a nice hole in my bumper and buckled the hood so it won't open. Probably need a new passenger side headlight assembly as well.
Not sure yet what other damage may have also occurred under the hood.
There wasn't so much as one bit of damage on his !#$*%!& truck.
He says he wants to pay cash for my repairs. He might change his mind when he hears how much they're going to cost. It goes into the body shop on Tuesday.

That suxs man. What's going on here that makes 3 of us who got front end damage. You me and ronolexus. Ok i don't wana see any more hurt es's everyone just don't drive this month
Old 06-03-07, 02:34 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Choas
Yea i'm to cheap for new LOL. Its gonna get painted anyways so it really doesn't matter. Also it will cost less for me to get clear corners then to get one used one.
There's nothing wrong with used sheet metal parts as long as they're in good shape. The main thing is that they match exactly when they're painted, since the rest of the paint has already been oxidized. That could be the toughest thing with your repair. Some body shops have computer matching that take this into consideration.
Old 06-03-07, 03:19 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what i have so far for parts cost. $300 for the hood, $150 for the headlight, $100 for the mirror $90 for the blinker and $200 for the fender. If i do need a new bumper which depends on what it looks like when i get it up in the air. If i do need a new bumper I found the 00 bumper is cheaper it was about $300 for on with fogs but it says cover only not sure what that means. I'm going with all used parts except for the radiator I always have if there a little scratched its ok It needs to be painted anyways which is gonna run me about $300-$500. So were up to about $1200 if i dont need a bumper $1500 if I do. Now this is if it doesn't need to be put on the frame machine.
Man if ur bumper was black I'd swap with ya. I have a 2000 ES. I really want a 97-99 ES so that I can put on my TRD front lip easier.

-Smitty
Old 06-04-07, 10:51 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Man if ur bumper was black I'd swap with ya. I have a 2000 ES. I really want a 97-99 ES so that I can put on my TRD front lip easier.

-Smitty
You can still have it paint is cheaper than a new bumper.
Old 06-04-07, 10:52 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amf1932
There's nothing wrong with used sheet metal parts as long as they're in good shape. The main thing is that they match exactly when they're painted, since the rest of the paint has already been oxidized. That could be the toughest thing with your repair. Some body shops have computer matching that take this into consideration.
Yea our paint guy has a machine that reads the paint off the car. Then it mixs it and he just blends the paint.
Old 06-04-07, 11:50 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

You can still have it paint is cheaper than a new bumper.
Is the bumper damaged real bad?

-Smitty
Old 06-04-07, 01:06 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Is the bumper damaged real bad?

-Smitty
Most of it looks like it can be fixed with paint. On the passanger side down at the bottom there is a blemish that might need to be filled a little bit before paint. I'll post some pics for you to see what i'm talking about. The only thing that may be hurt on the bumper is the supports behind since it didn't crack or anything. Oh and I assume we would be trading fogs too.
Old 06-04-07, 05:00 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Most of it looks like it can be fixed with paint. On the passanger side down at the bottom there is a blemish that might need to be filled a little bit before paint. I'll post some pics for you to see what i'm talking about. The only thing that may be hurt on the bumper is the supports behind since it didn't crack or anything. Oh and I assume we would be trading fogs too.
Yeah fog lights would definitely need to be changed. I was looking at a 97-99 bumper on ebay but it was the cover only no fog lights.

-Smitty
Old 06-04-07, 05:07 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Yeah fog lights would definitely need to be changed. I was looking at a 97-99 bumper on ebay but it was the cover only no fog lights.

-Smitty
I'll take pics tommorow. How much was the shipping for the one on ebay?

Quick Reply: Bad Day :(