ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 06:46 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Amplifier

Just wondering what the factory amp output watts is for the 93 ES300?
Old 06-10-07, 07:23 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

5-10-15w depending on the channel if i remember right
Old 06-10-07, 07:24 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

What? 5-15 watts? I would've at least thought 100 watts. I know the IS200's have around 100 watts on their standard amplifiers.
Old 06-10-07, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the total watts is 180. I read about it in a car report sometime ago.
Old 06-11-07, 10:13 AM
mrmatty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds pretty low for an amp that powers all 4 speakers and the sub. But yet it still sounds decent. Anyone know if it's possible to somehow use a carpc with that amp without buying another amp? i've been informed in this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-...tereo-amp.html
that i'd need a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers, and a 2 channel amp for the subwoofer. And since i know very little about car audio...and cant really justify the price for them...can i just get away with somehow using the standard amp?

it doesn't matter to me whether the radio is there or not, nor if the CD stacker is there ( they'll both be in the car pc if i can get past this AMP hurdle)
thanx!!
Old 06-11-07, 10:24 AM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd gen es300's don't have a sub.
Old 06-11-07, 10:27 AM
mrmatty
Driver School Candidate

umm i'm pretty sure mine does. It sits in the car, behind the rear passengers seats in the middle....umm no sure if im describing the position all that well. But let's just say, it's behind the middle brake light.

It's small but it's effective enough to my ears (since i'd prefer to keep my hearing, no offence )
Old 06-11-07, 01:50 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

it's 5 10 and 15 watts per channel depending on the channel.
Old 06-12-07, 01:28 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrmatty
That sounds pretty low for an amp that powers all 4 speakers and the sub. But yet it still sounds decent. Anyone know if it's possible to somehow use a carpc with that amp without buying another amp? i've been informed in this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-...tereo-amp.html
that i'd need a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers, and a 2 channel amp for the subwoofer. And since i know very little about car audio...and cant really justify the price for them...can i just get away with somehow using the standard amp?

it doesn't matter to me whether the radio is there or not, nor if the CD stacker is there ( they'll both be in the car pc if i can get past this AMP hurdle)
thanx!!
First off... if your car is standard, it has 8 speakers in total. 2 on the dash, 2 on the top front door panels, 2 on the bottom front door panels, and 2 bass speakers in the rear panel (behind the rear seats). There are "no" subs that come with the factory setting. A sub may have been placed in the rear between the 2 rear bass speakers, but it's obviously not a very good design. Now to run a sub even a small one off the factory amplifier is rediculous. The factory amplifier can be connected to another aftermarket amplifier with custom work done to it, but isn't made to power a sub as well as the other 8 speakers. If you are putting say 2 x 12 inch subs in the boot, than you will need another amplifier (prefrebly around 400-700 watts). You can run the rear 2 speackers which are the bass ones ( not subs) and the subs installed with the aftermarket amplifier, while connecting to the original amplifier which controls the other 6 speakers.

Pheonix... I'll re-phrase my question :P
How many channels are available on my factory amp?
Old 06-12-07, 02:06 AM
mrmatty
Driver School Candidate

gee 8 speakers u say? had no idea. i'm such a noob haha
But that's ok. i dont mind since im new to all this car stuff
i thought the one behind the rear passenger seats was the sub, lol, i stand corrected

So the quest still goes on...to find out how to connect the stock amp to the car pc. I am not really interested in the stock HU if that matters or complicates things. But yes, gonna ring up some friends with more car knowledge n ask them if they can do me a favour for a slab of extra dry
Old 06-12-07, 03:22 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrmatty
gee 8 speakers u say? had no idea. i'm such a noob haha
But that's ok. i dont mind since im new to all this car stuff
i thought the one behind the rear passenger seats was the sub, lol, i stand corrected

So the quest still goes on...to find out how to connect the stock amp to the car pc. I am not really interested in the stock HU if that matters or complicates things. But yes, gonna ring up some friends with more car knowledge n ask them if they can do me a favour for a slab of extra dry

Maybe you've forgotten you're driving a Lexus?
Old 06-12-07, 03:24 AM
mrmatty
Driver School Candidate

hmm, well they work on their hondas n subarus. cant be all that different right? lol

but if u were referring to the extra dry, then ok, i'll up it to a henessy vsop, lol

btw Parker Gen, i'm not really interested in running a sub, i think the car has enough bass already as it is. Im only really interested in gettin things to connect...amp to pc. not interested in installing aftermarket sub and hoping to power it with stock amp

speaking of the stock amp....where is it located???

Last edited by mrmatty; 06-12-07 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-12-07, 03:39 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

In mine, it's under the passenger front seat. If you're interested in connecting the pc to the system, than you need to custom build/modify your current stock amplifier. It takes a bit of experience, (which you probably don't have by judging your previous posts) but it can be done. How, I'm not sure yet, because I havn't personally done it to mine, as I don't really see the point in it yet...
You must have input and output RCA's placed and connected to your current amplifier, which is what you use to plug an xbox or playstation or whatever into the side of a tv... (the little circle sockets, white/red/yellow- sound/video/surround sound, if I remember correctly). The only problem is, trying to find an activiation point so that the car/stero knows which RCA to connect through. You can leave your standard head unit in the vehcle, as I think it looks quite good when polished up with new lights etc.
-Get somone who knows a lot about this stuff to do it, otherwise you will ruin your system... there is a bit of soldering involved.
Old 06-12-07, 05:39 AM
mrmatty
Driver School Candidate

lol mate you guessed right, i'm new to it all. And no, if it involves soldering circuitboards then i'm outtt dont wanna wreck anything

I think i'll take a look at the amp, but if i cant figure it out then i'll give up there till i can save more money for a proper amp and headunit

no carpc for me for now i guess