ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Wheel Fitment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 02:07 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HoeBag
i tried to tell you!
lmao Yeah you did. hehe. Now for some coils and to push it to the fender.

-Smitty
Old 06-18-07, 05:42 PM
TwiztidLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For spacers I would look into Project Kics. Does not require changing of longer studs, their spacers come with studs on itself. http://www.optionimports.com/kiprwhsp.html

btw, the car looks great.
Old 06-18-07, 08:55 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loookinn pretty good there smitty!!
Old 06-18-07, 11:01 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if youre already rubbing with struts, youre probably not going to clear coilovers. thats just my guess. why dont you fix the camber instead of buying some spacers. because it looks like you have a pretty good amount of negative camber. then monday rolls around, and youll be all set. btw, what tires are those again. they look a little bit big for what youre trying to do.
btw, your car sure is looking really good right now.
goodluck
Charley
Old 06-19-07, 10:20 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiztidLex
For spacers I would look into Project Kics. Does not require changing of longer studs, their spacers come with studs on itself. http://www.optionimports.com/kiprwhsp.html

btw, the car looks great.
I wouldn't try those spacers if they fail your tires are going to fall off your car.
Old 06-19-07, 10:21 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by charley240
if youre already rubbing with struts, youre probably not going to clear coilovers. thats just my guess. why dont you fix the camber instead of buying some spacers. because it looks like you have a pretty good amount of negative camber. then monday rolls around, and youll be all set. btw, what tires are those again. they look a little bit big for what youre trying to do.
goodluck
Charley
Well I found out I wasent rubbing the struts it was the fender and I've corrected the problem. I was thinking about doing some negative camber just to achieve the look. Not looking for much negative camber though. I believe with the Ksport coils I'll be able to adjust that. And yes the tires are a little bit bigger than I expected. I'm looking for a mild stretch so I'll probably be switching out to 225s or even 215s. Not trying to go too aggressive with the VIP look but definitely want to incorporate some of the aspects of the VIP styling. Your ES is a big inspiration on how that can be done But mine is getting there slowly but surely.

-Smitty
Old 06-19-07, 10:22 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

goodluck
Charley
I still dont see how you would adjust the camber if you are rubbing on the strut tower. From what i've read if you adjust it so that the top of the rim to stick out further to clear the strut tower it would be positive camber. Isn't positive camber bad?
Old 06-19-07, 10:48 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Choas
I still dont see how you would adjust the camber if you are rubbing on the strut tower. From what i've read if you adjust it so that the top of the rim to stick out further to clear the strut tower it would be positive camber. Isn't positive camber bad?
yeah, youre right, but wrong at the same time. if camber is at 0 and you adjust so that the top goes out, then it is positive, and really really bad. if you adjust inwards, then you get negative camber, which is bad as well. but if you look at the pics, it looks like he has a good amount of negative camber to begin with. so going a little positive wouldve cleared the issue, but he didnt really have the issue, so he didnt have to do it.
btw, there are two places to adjust camber for both fronts and rears. the usual way of doing it, is on the spindle/knuckle connector of the strut. the other way to do it is by adjusting the camber plate/ pillowball mounts. but this way is for aftermarket suspension setups. not stock. im maxxed out on negative camber already. and its not much at all. at least what i see.
goodluck

Charley
Old 06-20-07, 06:07 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

yeah, youre right, but wrong at the same time. if camber is at 0 and you adjust so that the top goes out, then it is positive, and really really bad. if you adjust inwards, then you get negative camber, which is bad as well. but if you look at the pics, it looks like he has a good amount of negative camber to begin with. so going a little positive wouldve cleared the issue, but he didnt really have the issue, so he didnt have to do it.
btw, there are two places to adjust camber for both fronts and rears. the usual way of doing it, is on the spindle/knuckle connector of the strut. the other way to do it is by adjusting the camber plate/ pillowball mounts. but this way is for aftermarket suspension setups. not stock. im maxxed out on negative camber already. and its not much at all. at least what i see.
goodluck

Charley
I see I see honestly I can't tell if has negative camber by looking at the pics. So if i posted pics of my rims on the not smashed side would you be able to tell me if I had enough negative camber to play with so that I could add a little positive and it would be ok?
Old 06-21-07, 01:16 AM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

im not sure. sometimes its real obvious, and sometime close to specs, its really hard to see. seeing in person is always better. but still hard sometimes. especially with stock wheel/tire setups, because of the wheel bulging.
but on smittys, you can clearly tell that he has negative camber(top of the wheel goes inward)
Charley