ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Exhaust(ing?) Renovation - '92 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 01:11 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OLD THREAD I KNOW, but Slooooooow did you ever order that toyota muffler and did it quiet the exhaust. Also wheres the video at
Old 04-20-09, 04:31 PM
argy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOUNNNNDDD CLIIIIIIIIPPP PLEASEEE !

I see the text !!

but need to hear it to be convinced to get it all
Old 04-20-09, 08:40 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
OLD THREAD I KNOW, but Slooooooow did you ever order that toyota muffler and did it quiet the exhaust. Also wheres the video at
Originally Posted by argy
SOUNNNNDDD CLIIIIIIIIPPP PLEASEEE !

I see the text !!

but need to hear it to be convinced to get it all
Howdy all. Yessir, the Toyota muffler did the trick. I'm getting the lower tones without the resonance of the aftermarket mufflers I've tried. I'm VERY pleased with it.
I couldn't find the blush smiley. Yeah I need to get the lazy **** out from under the car and get a video.

I do still have the same concerns noted earlier in this thread about the real-time frequency response of this system versus the frequency response of the recording device and media versus the resulting, converted frequency response of the video. Then there's the capabilities of each end-viewer's speakers to consider. (As an example, you know you sound NOTHING like yourself on the other end of a phone call. The phone neither captures nor transmits the full frequency of your voice, making your voice sound thinner and higher than it is in person.)

But I'll get the nicest video camera from my NTL bros, and record what I can. I'm waiting on the custom 3rd brake light I bought from my bud 3rdElement to arrive, so I can install it and put the car back together (back seat and rear deck). Then I'll make a serious effort to do some kinda video.

Anyway, I can heartily recommend the custom, free-flowing exhaust back to the OEM muffler as a setup. It sounds aggressive enough without being an embarassment when I pull up to the valet at the grown-up-parties.
Old 04-29-09, 12:54 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... I think I know what you mean Slo, my car actually sounds more of a Heavy V8 when unsilenced, I just had to be curious on how the car would sound like without the rear silencer, you can literally hear the car before you even see it, (thats how loud it is) I have plans to eventually take my car back to the shop to get the OEM Muffler re-installed.

but since money is tight now adays... that'll just have to wait