ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Another bad day in lexo History! :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 09:23 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bad day in lexo History! :(

On my way home from a friends birthday party, out about at a restauraunt for the event. i was exiting the offramp at my exit when suddenly i hit a huge bump! it was a patch of un-even pavement where they had been paving new blacktop. What i didnt realize soon enough, was that they had cut the new piece of pavement at a perpendicular angle in the road, a 90degree angle. Upon hitting this i didnt ever expect it to blow out my front two tires, however this is what happend. after waiting for 2hours for AAA to arrive i receive a phone call briefing me that the primary driver was unavailable and a secondary driver would be on his way. at this point i had already been on the phone and had a buddy pick me up to get my OEM wheels. By the time AAA arrived i had already has the wheels swapped. "what is the point of paying 100 bucks a month for this service?"

what a night of HELL!!!

The next day i was ready to take my wheels to kauffman tire to have them replaced or re-mounted when i notices this.....

closer

closer

closer

THe situation just got far worse! It cracked the metal of my drivers side front wheel, broke the bead on the front left wheels, and bent every one of my wheels. does any one know if there is anything i can do with the D.O.T. to rectify this situation???

Anyways with death comes life. So on the brighter side here are my new babies! another set of 20x8.5's, absolutely no rubbing!

on the Lexo

what do you guys think??? all input welcome!!!
Old 08-26-07, 10:19 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, that sucks. but if you had tires on the old rims as you do on the new ones, youre asking for trouble. those rubberband tires have no protection to your rims with potholes as youve experienced. but nice wheels though
Goodluck
Charley
Old 08-26-07, 10:24 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

If there were signs indicating road work, you have no case. If there were no signs present, get a lawyer and see what happens.

I like the new wheels better than the Helo Specs you just ruined. Either drop the car a little or get thicker tires or both.

Is that a new front lip? Do you need to have it painted? Is that blue masking tape?
Old 08-27-07, 06:27 AM
ivory98es3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Ma. - if there is a work zone and you sustain damage to your car from that work zone - the state will cover the damage to your vehicle, even if there were signs posted.

So it's worth a shot to file a complaint and submit the bill to the state.

HTH
Old 08-27-07, 07:07 AM
joe4
Rookie

i love those new wheels!!!
Old 08-27-07, 08:20 AM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Im gonna attempt to try to have the state replace them or at least compensate me in some way. i had called the police when it had happened and they had advised me there is no point in filling out a police report, in fact they refused to do the work. So im hoping the DOT doesnt ask for much more proof than the cracked rim and pictures of the road.

These tires provide very little give for the wheels as stated above. I wanted to get a larger profile tire however i was nervous b/c i wanna pancake it to the ground and tuck some tire when i get my coilovers. Im a very careful driver so hopefully i can avoid any pot holes and nasty road conditions for a yr or two. Knock on wood!

HAHA, yea LXMN you noticed my other secret project no more details will be mentioned untill all the pieces are finished...but yes do you know where i can get some paint in the local Atlanta area? pm me
Old 08-27-07, 09:28 AM
ivory98es3
Driver

Definitely go and take some pics of the road w/ a ruler on the ground showing how much a difference in height there is from one section to the next.
Old 08-27-07, 03:34 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Default black or paint matched?

If you guys look closely on these wheels they are a 5 spoke split spoke wheel. In the center they have a black removable insert! what are your opinions on this piece? ive kinda grown a liking to the black, i think it matches well with the dark windows and offsets the chrome.... please give me your input! or do you guys think i should remove them and send them off for paint matching? which do you think is more tasteful....??? Im just worried the paint match will blend into the chrome on the wheel and look less apealing than the black...?

thanks!
Old 08-27-07, 04:24 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I like the look of the black, keep it
Old 08-27-07, 08:03 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about your old rims man but the new ones look nice
Old 08-27-07, 08:07 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Wow, your old rims got pwned hardcore...

Though the new ones are looking nice!
Old 08-28-07, 09:27 AM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

i just got a bunch of pictures of the road lastnight. I dont think they are clear enough, as i had to take them at 12:30am at night. Otherwise i'd probably be pancaked on the road. This exit is for the largest mall in the southeast so you can expect it would have high traffic almost 100percent of the time. I couldnt get a ruler up to the edge as truckers were passing all night long but i placed a tennis ball and my tape measure against the lip to give some sort of scale of height. I will post pics later guys, im in class untill 230pm today!
Old 08-28-07, 09:45 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

Damn that sucks bro, but I like the new wheels even better! Which exit was that so I can be sure to avoid it? I'm guessing Mansell Rd?

Also you should leave the inserts black. It would be way too hard to keep em clean if they were the same color as the car.
Old 08-28-07, 01:51 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

yea im thinkin im gonna keep them black, im pretty hooked on them already. The wheels look far better than i imagined.

i was getting off the GA-20 exit going to the mall of GA via I-85 north. definately be careful!
Old 08-28-07, 07:09 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dizzam that sucks. Love the wheels though.

-Smitty

Quick Reply: Another bad day in lexo History! :(