ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-02, 04:30 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to a place today to have a custom lip made. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 05-08-02, 06:13 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m back I have been busy with work, but back to the ground kit lip setup, it can be done as I said, I have a connection with street weapon, problem is that they close before I get out of work so to further this process I need to either leave my car there or get a day of so they can see it and start making it another problem is its not my main priority right now, but I will try and get more info on it for you, I would like them also to make a custom lower mesh insert for the bottom grill, but I mean nice with special polished aluminum. Once we have one made it will be easier to duplicate. Ill keep you guys posted. They are very busy to since it’s a small place.
Old 05-08-02, 06:26 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

man L_sport, get it done! I will TAKE you to and from work, really. when yours is done, my turn. yah??? oh and how much did they say itll be? estimate...
Old 05-08-02, 07:08 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

After the first more expensive prototype I think about 800 all the way around unpainted just an estimate though, about a 1/3 of the price of a ***-spec kit huh?
Old 05-08-02, 07:10 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

This is what I would love to have custom made for the actual bumper, with this and a lip who need a body kit?
Attached Thumbnails Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!-grills.jpg  
Old 05-08-02, 08:14 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

nice, but there's no fogs on those. i know youre thinking who cares? but i like the car w/ fogs...i'ma look for a link with these lip flare kinda thingies that they make for the honda s2000 and others...anyone know what im talking bout? theyre these add on cool looking lip flares that go on the bottom of the existing bumper on the front, one each for the left and right fronts......ok y'all are like,
Old 05-08-02, 09:09 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah you got that right mezoom....post pics of what you are talkin about ...and I agree the Lex front w/ fogs looks good I wouldn't want to sacrifice my fogs either...especially on the 97+ES.. The front bumper is agressive..Maybe that lip thing you (Mezoom) are talkin about may fit on the 97+ model ES...Find out.....and hit us back
Old 05-08-02, 10:06 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

after much much much much searching...this is kind of what i was talking about. except the ones i first saw weren't just thin sheets of metal clunked on. they were thicker, curvier, and painted to color match. but this is just so you guys get an idea...
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-02, 03:08 AM
aznchild808
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by meZoom!
after much much much much searching...this is kind of what i was talking about. except the ones i first saw weren't just thin sheets of metal clunked on. they were thicker, curvier, and painted to color match. but this is just so you guys get an idea...

that my friend is a splitter. Do a search on DTM spitter or whatever. The great thing about these are that they are pretty universal. Find one from a BMW get it paited whatatever and mount it.

teamprototype.com has a few i think carbon fiber and regular. Only problem ususally people put this ontop of a front bumper lip. So the splitter by itself may look a little odd.

As for street weapon they are part of 935 draggers. Their work is decent and everything but they are usually not very interested in any type of production unless they can make a good amount of money out of it, usually by sellling alot of the product orrrrrrrr just gouging the hell out of you to be the proto.
Old 05-09-02, 04:38 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i went up to the place I was talking about. I was unhappy to find that the guy was out of town. It took me a long time to find that place. So now I have to go back sometime after monday
Old 05-09-02, 06:26 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

See I thought about the fog lights and I can’t decide whether to leave cut outs for them or just leave them mounted behind the grill, I kinda like them behind the grill. Alot of imports do that with the hidden fogs. I just know I hate the black plastic!
Old 05-13-02, 01:18 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish had the money, ut I am goin to get a save up and get a IS.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 05-13-02, 04:48 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i got my car through college, then probably no one will want to buy it since it has been modded
Old 05-17-02, 08:04 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Default look what I found!!

this is a bits and pieces body kit. the sides and rear are evolution kits, the front is pittura. he also has other things on the car as well but its working well, dont ya think?? i know, i just looove fueling this talk of body kits for 92-96 ES's. we're underrepresented.
Attached Thumbnails Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!-windom_hiroyuki.jpg  
Old 05-17-02, 08:20 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Default here i go again

another one
Attached Thumbnails Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!-windom_ets.jpg  

Quick Reply: Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!