ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-02 | 10:53 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Default Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!

Well I went to my local import shop Flexivity and asked about a kit for the ES and when the words that came out of his mouth were "I know someone who has a kit for you" I almost crapped my pants. Street Weapon a popular race shop in So Cal offers a custom lip as seen on the Civic Si. They looked under my car and noticed that are cars already come with a black plastic lip on them mounted underneath the front bumper, they would simply remove this lip use it as a template to make a custom ground effects lip for the ES and then mount it in the place of our stock lip creating the look of an after-market body kit! They would also put on side skirts and a lip replacing the one on the back bumper also, the kicker is that this would all cost painted and installed about half the price of an unpainted kit from Japan. Well I will stop here and post pics when I get further along with this custom kit. I am also getting a custom molded deck-lid spoiler painted and mounted by them. I will be getting the spoiler sooner then the kit so look foward to pics of that in a month or so.

Street Weapon - Dealing in custom fabricated bodykits in So Cal
Old 01-14-02 | 08:54 AM
BigRich
Pole Position

Cool deal man! If I may ask, what is the price of the kit??
Old 01-14-02 | 12:38 PM
mir213
Driver School Candidate

You guys in SoCal are lucky! I've asked every shop around the Seattle area and no one's willing to do custom work without charging an arm and a leg.....and we have a good import scene here now. L_sport can you ask the shop if they would be willing to ship this body kit out of state or is it something they have to do with your car there.....keep me posted.
Old 01-14-02 | 05:51 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

I'm interested........ tell us more !
Old 01-14-02 | 05:53 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Street Weapon will custom build a "lip" for any car, including the ES, and price? Well a imported ES300 body kit costs easily over 2,000 unpainted not including shipping so these custom fabricated lips are looking about half of that installed and painted, how much will he take off the price for unpainted and unmounted? I don't know. This whole thing is in the works right now so far he is looking at doing my car and my cousin Lobo's red ES. After that he might make like a kit a month or something or take orders, like I said it’s in the works and we will see how my car goes first. Like the lip, because if I hit a curb or something my whole front end doesn’t shatter just the lip and I can replace it cheap. It still gives you the body kit look, but our cars look so mean from the front anyway that we don't need to replace every thing. My first deal with Street Weapon is the spoiler so I will post pics as soon as I have the money to do that. But they are a cool custom shop. It looks like there still might be hope for customizing my ES.
Old 01-15-02 | 12:45 AM
mir213
Driver School Candidate

Hey L_Sport, would you mind posting the phone number for the shop?
Old 01-16-02 | 11:06 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Sure, but just hold on untill i lock this deal with them. It's kinda like one of those hook up's right now and I dont want to bombard them with calls about the ES300 im on there *** enough, so let me work this deal out and i'll get a solid price/estimate and then in a week or so I will post there info with there permission and the final price and everything. Is that cool?
Old 01-17-02 | 09:28 AM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

too bad no pic so far.... it will be really nice to see it..
Old 04-19-02 | 05:57 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Default update???

i just wanna know, well, what happened???
Old 04-19-02 | 08:40 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default all sounds good

my priority list for spending money...

prom - april 26
amp for my 8 speakers - soon after
front lip to make the fender be the same length down as the rest of the car... - after the amp
Old 04-20-02 | 10:22 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Default L_Sport??

where are ya man?? we're dying over here for a kit and we wanna know
Old 04-21-02 | 06:59 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Some guy I know is having his handles on his truck shaved off, he said that I should go have a custom kit made. And I heard that the honda accord is easily changeable into our car front.... So maybe I could get an accord front customized to the front of the car.
Old 04-21-02 | 04:19 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

what yr accord(s) and what the heck is that gonna look like?
Old 04-21-02 | 05:50 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Custom

I don't know yet, but he said to go to the place and let them look at our font and he would try to match the factory look by getting another and customizing it to my front. He said it would prob be about $300 - $400 and about $75 dollars to paint it the right color. But that is much better than $400 for the lip and $400 to ship it, then have it installed and painted.
Old 04-30-02 | 07:24 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default what about us?????

Hey how about some info for us 97-99 owners....ya think they can hook up something like that 4 us ...the whole front and rear lip thing...because I have found a kit for my 97 ES but it is $2740 shipped to NY but like you said not painted and installed....So maybe us 97 - 2000 fellas can get a lip done also....ya think????

Quick Reply: Possible Gound Kit for 92-96 ES!!!!!!!