ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

[ES Mods/Wheels] Don'tcha hate it when...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07 | 09:23 PM
es300_2524
Driver School Candidate

i feel u Slooooooow, with es's people never think about under the hood which is kind of a bummer, but when they double take your car after you show umm the performance, the look on there face is priceless.
Old 10-31-07 | 07:58 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by maniax
if u got any questions about the carpc let me know
Thanks, Bro! Here's what I'm looking at right now:
* Shopping online for laptops that are not too new.
* Carnetix 2140 power adapter
* Xenarc screen (More $$$ but I want the autoswitch capability for the rearview camera)
I'm open to suggestions for any other components or comments on the above!

Did you get the accessport for the LGT yet?
I bought the AccessPort with my LGT. It was too big a performance jump hanging out there NOT to get it that day. Another benefit of the same-time purchase is that it's warrantied along with the LGT.
for the spacers, your wheels dont look that tucked in so maybe 15 or 20mm will push it flush with the fender.

I got my spacers on ebay. They're call TC Sportline. Quality is not bad.
Noted! I'll start shopping for TC Sportline 20 mm spacers online.
Originally Posted by tuan92129
How much were the spacers? And how exactly do they work...does that mean the lug nuts are also out 15mm of thread?
+1 to Tuan's questions above regarding cost and lug nut thread loss
Old 10-31-07 | 11:20 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

About spacers I have 15mm in the rear and I needed longer studs to make it work. Slooooow if you find 20mm spacers at a good price let me know my 15mm are still letting me rub a lil.
Old 10-31-07 | 09:49 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Thanks, Bro! Here's what I'm looking at right now:
* Shopping online for laptops that are not too new.
* Carnetix 2140 power adapter
* Xenarc screen (More $$$ but I want the autoswitch capability for the rearview camera)
I'm open to suggestions for any other components or comments on the above!

1. try to find a laptop that has a broken screen if you're going the laptop route.

2. never had any experience with carnetix. The M2atx and the OPUS are the most popular ones. I have the M2 ATX for my carpc and haven't had a problem yet.

3. Xenarc is good choice if you need autoswitch and good picture quality.

I bought the AccessPort with my LGT. It was too big a performance jump hanging out there NOT to get it that day. Another benefit of the same-time purchase is that it's warrantied along with the LGT.

You need to stop telling me how powerful your LGT is! I'm about to go rob a bank tomorow!

Noted! I'll start shopping for TC Sportline 20 mm spacers online.

Search for lexus spacers and i'm sure the TC Sportline ones will come up. PM me if you can't find it.

+1 to Tuan's questions above regarding cost and lug nut thread loss
Ok, there's two kinds of spacers. The one's with new lug studs on the spacer or the one's without the studs on the spacers. For the ones without, it usually comes with extra long lug studs. You will have to bang out your stock ones and install the new ones.

Another important thing to look for in a spacer is whether it has the center ring in the middle of the spacer. If you look at your wheel hub, the wheel actually sits/puts weight on the the center ring and not the lug studs. The studs were never designed to hold the weight and load of the wheel. So it can be very dangerous to put spacers without that center ring.

My TC Sportline spacers came with the ring and also it came with new studs on the spacer itself. I got the spacers for $96 on ebay. I'm sure the H&R's are better but i went with TC Sportline cuz they were cheaper and easier to install(dont gotta bang out the old studs)

here's a pic of the TC Sportline:

those were some of the info i gathered before i bought my spacers. Hope that helps
Old 08-07-08 | 02:02 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Question

Maniax, you've convinced me that this is the way to go. I think I'll shop both the TC Sportline and the H&R spacers.

A brief look at the H&R website has me scratching my head a bit. They don't list anything specifically for our car. Maybe I'll try looking under the Toyota Camry... Was there a specific part number for your TC Sportlines?
Old 08-07-08 | 03:10 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Lightbulb

Found this information for H&R, putting in the corresponding Camry:
Old 08-08-08 | 04:15 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Maniax, you've convinced me that this is the way to go. I think I'll shop both the TC Sportline and the H&R spacers.

A brief look at the H&R website has me scratching my head a bit. They don't list anything specifically for our car. Maybe I'll try looking under the Toyota Camry... Was there a specific part number for your TC Sportlines?
I didn't buy it from the website. I actually bought it from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5x114...mZ250279736893
Old 08-12-08 | 07:43 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Spacers make a word of difference in your stance. It was one of the best things I did for the look of my ride. Now all I got to do is go a little lower and I'll be happy with my stance .......j......probably. It can never be right enough

-Smitty
Old 08-13-08 | 08:23 AM
ahabion
Driver School Candidate

Default Spacers for sale :)

Hey Slow,

I have the same suspension set up with the H&R Springs and KYB struts... i have 17x7 in 235/45 rubber and I can definitely say that you'll need to roll the fenders...

In anycase, for my 93 ES, I only had to put my 15mm spacers on the rear of the car... the fronts were decent as is (could probably do a 5mm) spacer...

Long story short, I ordered 2 sets of spaces and extended studs (my original studs were too damn short and more than half of them actually broken off) so i had to replace all the studs. Sooooooo.... since I used the studs and only one set of spacers... I have one set of 15mm spacers that I can potentially sell you if interested... here is the site I bought them off of:

http://www.ichibausa.com/products.html

You'll need to pull it up under the Camry model since under lexus they don't have the ES... I wanna say i got the 45mm studs along with the 15mm spacers, don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, just something for you to consider... 65 bucks shipped
Old 08-25-08 | 09:43 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Choas
About spacers I have 15mm in the rear and I needed longer studs to make it work. Slooooow if you find 20mm spacers at a good price let me know my 15mm are still letting me rub a lil.
Found a LOAD of spacers here (thanks to some SC bros who're also shopping them). Hopefully, this will help you guys out too.

I'm planning on getting the "version 2" model, since those include the studs. I'm just carefully reviewing the page to see which one fits mine most closely.

With my the offset on my 5Zigen SportsEngine3000 wheels, I'm thinking the 15mm spacers ought to work well. Thoughts?
Old 08-25-08 | 01:19 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

because you are aftermarket you should be able to use adapters that are 15mm, if they even make adapter in that size. because i think ichiba only makes adapters for 25mm applications. but another thing to note is, how much clearance you have if you use adapters? ie; with the wheel removed from the vehicle, look between the stud holes, and see how much of an indentation there is for spacer adapters. or if you just use spacers, you will need new studs. because i just ordered up a set of 25mm so that i can throw on my sc wheels. and the factory sc wheels have very little tolerance for adapters. if you are confused ask away. im trying to make it as clear as possible, but i bet it sounds extremely confusing.

goodluck
Charley
Old 08-25-08 | 07:23 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

I was pondering these for my '92 ES/2ES:
ICHIBA WHEEL SPACER VERSION II - TOYOTA CAMRY 92-UP 15MM

Each ICHIBA wheel spacers are two pieces design with pressed studs. Now it's time to bolt-on without any swap studs hassles.
That makes me optimistic about not having to mess around with new studs.
I'll get a wheel off tomorrow after work and get a picture up, so we can see what we're looking at regarding the indention between the stud holes as you mentioned. We might as all learn about spacers/adapters together and benefit.
Old 08-25-08 | 08:37 PM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

That makes me optimistic about not having to mess around with new studs.
I'll get a wheel off tomorrow after work and get a picture up, so we can see what we're looking at regarding the indention between the stud holes as you mentioned. We might as all learn about spacers/adapters together and benefit.
You're the man!
Old 08-26-08 | 03:10 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

I wanna see these on slooooooow
Old 08-26-08 | 06:01 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Lightbulb

Okay I put an album of pics of my hub here.
You experts like Charley240 and Smitty and others who've gone with spacers, mind taking a peek, especially Charley240 since you mentioned doing this, and advising?
I've still got the car on the floor jack in case you need other pics, but I'm about to head out and wash 'er off. The OL drove through an apparent mudslide and I can't abide the dirt.

Quick Reply: [ES Mods/Wheels] Don'tcha hate it when...