ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

v6 dodge magnum vs 97 es300

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 05:45 PM
Lexus4You
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some racing is just plain stupid but the thing is... i live in a pretty country area and me and my friend have made a course on the country roads and he has a brand new VW Jetta Wolfsberg edition and we were planing on racing through the twists and curvy banks and see which car can do better.... not really racing.. just seeing which car is better in certian things... i wanna put the lexus to the test and see what it can do.....i dont think there is anything wrong with that... is there??
Old 11-27-07, 06:16 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

no nothing wrong with that, but my aunts niece, she was with her boyfriend and the boyfriend was driving through the country roads just like you and he entered a lane from behind trees and a semi t boned them, unfortunetly, he lost his life, and my aunt's niece survived. so i guess,anything can happen
Old 11-27-07, 08:02 PM
AzNMpower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexus4You
some racing is just plain stupid but the thing is... i live in a pretty country area and me and my friend have made a course on the country roads and he has a brand new VW Jetta Wolfsberg edition and we were planing on racing through the twists and curvy banks and see which car can do better.... not really racing.. just seeing which car is better in certian things... i wanna put the lexus to the test and see what it can do.....i dont think there is anything wrong with that... is there??
1) If you're going to race thru curves, all you need is a patch of leaves, an oncoming driver that's not good at following the lines, or (at this time of year) black ice to make everything go south faster than you can say "Understeer!".

2) The Lexus ES is not a handler in the slightest sense. It's far better at cruising in a straight line. I had sticky tires on my previous ES and while that made the thing grip better, I was trying hard not to fall out of the window and grabbing onto the steering wheel for dear life. In addition, the soft suspension exaggerates handling and hard braking too much for any sort of driver confidence.

Why don't you guys just do it non-competitively? I did that once on a set of backroads just last week. Me in a 325i sport, friend behind in a TSX. And both of us knew he would understeer and have a slower exit speed. So we kinda just followed each other, decent but not insane speed (okay, I'll be honest, I got out of hand and exited the blind corner full throttle ), and just enjoyed the drive. Scenery was cool too.