ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Goodbye to my baby...ES wrecked.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-07, 07:51 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy hell son!!!!!! Really glad to know thatyou are OK. Those Texas feeder roads are killer,, i travel them frequently in a semi. Absolutely nice to know that despite all of the dameage done to the car, the cabin looks to be intact and did what it was intended to do,, protect you!!!! So sorry to see this happen.
Old 12-01-07, 08:04 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My next car will be none other than another Lexus Good news is that I think I already found my next car...another ES, the same year, the same wheels, except in diamond white pearl If I can't find an older GS within my price range, then I'm going to jump on the ES and finish what I started.

On a side note, please do not PM with questions about parting out the car. Insurance is going to total it out and they will tow it away.
Old 12-01-07, 09:52 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about your es but I have to comment on what sloooooow said about how intact the driver/passenger compartment is it makes me feel very safe having my son and gf in the car with me. Good luck with the lexus hunt its good to see you stick with Lexus and even more so to possible stay with the es series. Now I know you are not able to part out the car yourself but if possible could you let some of the guys her know what boneyard its going to. I myself need nothing off it but I bet some guys are looking for parts of a es they know was taken care of.
Old 12-01-07, 11:22 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Choas
Sorry about your es but I have to comment on what sloooooow said about how intact the driver/passenger compartment is it makes me feel very safe having my son and gf in the car with me. Good luck with the lexus hunt its good to see you stick with Lexus and even more so to possible stay with the es series. Now I know you are not able to part out the car yourself but if possible could you let some of the guys her know what boneyard its going to. I myself need nothing off it but I bet some guys are looking for parts of a es they know was taken care of.
I'm still waiting on insurance since this just happened friday night. I don't know where insurance is going to take it but I must say again - please do not PM me about parting out my wheels, coilovers, or any other part of my car.

I'm really surprised that my car held up as good as it did considering I got hit from a deadstop and I was the first car to get hit. Everything happened so fast that I don't remember anything. I remember looking at the light waiting for it to turn green and next thing I know, I hear a loud bang, my air bags deploy, and there is a ford expedition laying on its roof on my hood. From what witnesses told me, the expedition used my car as a ramp and sent it flying in the air. The impact of the rear collision sent my car forward and when the expedition landed on the ground, I hit it head on, thus the front impact. All the onlookers said it was something they would see out of a movie...an SUV going airborne after hitting a car and hitting 4 other cars in front of me as it came down.

After seeing the honda next to me that got trashed, my next car will be nothing other than a lexus.

Last edited by PlatES300; 12-01-07 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-02-07, 01:04 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure glad you didn't get hurt aside from a few scratches! With your poor ES's back end all pushed in like that, at first glance of the pic, I thought it was an old American Motors Gremlin from the 70's ...only the ES is still better looking than that despite all the damage!

Originally Posted by esucaris1
Hahaha easy there Tortoise he hasn't even got to grieve his loss yet and your already after the estate
Yeah, this reminds me of a scene from the old movie, "A Christmas Carol" when Scrooge foresees his own death with the help of the Ghost of Christmas Future. He sees himself laying dead in his bed (but not yet cold) and already the housekeeper is busy ripping his bedroom drapes off the windows and trying on his coat...lol

Bah...humbug!!!!

Last edited by Lexucan; 12-02-07 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-02-07, 02:27 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whoaaaaaaaaaa- that's a seriously nasty accident. glad you're ok man. wow - that's awesome that C pillar held up to a huge SUV.
Old 12-02-07, 05:50 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ES did its job and allowed you to walk out with a couple of scratches.

As far as the car, hey what can we do. We must move on. Sad to see such a nice ES get wrecked like this. Hopefully you get a better Lexus now. New ES, or maybe even a GS.
Old 12-02-07, 10:17 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

holy mother of... thats mad crazy!!!!!! glad you walked out alive. damn im lost in words man.

a car is worth losing, but a life is not.

glad that your alive man.
Old 12-02-07, 10:24 PM
AgntTinkle
Driver

That is crazy man, the driver of the expedition better pay... and pay out the nose.
glad you are okay.
Old 12-02-07, 10:34 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's nuts. At least your car could protect you huh.
Old 12-03-07, 01:55 AM
smokesgtp
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow is all I can say, glad your ok to second everyone elses sentiments. I'm keepin mine thats for sure. It almost seems if the car was a couple inches higher it could have been worse. I feel your loss on the car man been there and done that. My 99' Accord, took an offset collision at 45 mph hitting an olds Bravada (4500lbs+) that had pulled out in front of me on a rural highway. Airbags deployed, I walked away without a scratch. Hondas are very, very safe IMHO, based on ratings as well, civics are just small, it's simple physics. Best of luck on the search, clean ES's are so hard to come by.
Old 12-03-07, 02:00 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cant stop looking at the pics!!! This one in particular sends chills down my spine!!!!!
Old 12-03-07, 02:20 PM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

To see your corner hanging by a wire gives me the image of someone's eye hanging by a vein out of the socket.
Oh the horror...
Old 12-04-07, 10:11 AM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

The coilovers are not salvageable, so please do not pm me about them.
Old 12-04-07, 11:23 AM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

Part out lug nuts? lol jk! Go get that new ES man.

Quick Reply: Goodbye to my baby...ES wrecked.