ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-08, 11:33 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

All the high school kids love this car but everyone else is laughing. It's like real life Need For Speed Underground.
Old 02-15-08, 01:01 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. nice one rice chrispy treats. funny.
Charley
Old 02-20-08, 02:12 AM
c2ispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a great time to own a lexus. Thank god I dont have great taste like you
Old 02-23-08, 12:02 PM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by c2ispy
Wow, what a great time to own a lexus. Thank god I dont have great taste like you
buahahahaha
Old 02-24-08, 12:56 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I know it's to each his own . . but seeing this makes me want to
Old 02-24-08, 02:43 PM
happy_es3
Driver

^^ you and me both...
Old 02-25-08, 10:45 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

There's nothing left lexus of that car, it's now a camry more then ever.
Ugly kit, doesn't belong on any car.
Old 02-25-08, 04:17 PM
mick_foley
Pole Position

While I don't full heartedly agree with your modding choices, I can say that it is nice for the type of look you were going for. I will give you a thumbs up on that but since no one else has the courage.....I will say that 8k HIDs is ricer all the way. Not because I don't like 8k HIDs but because they are cop magnets and aren't nearly as effective as 4300k HIDs. You should have just bought some blue halogen bulbs if you were going to waste your money like that. My 2 pennies. Like I said before, that is a great paint job and everything looks good together.
Old 02-25-08, 05:48 PM
GiantsInFL
Rookie

I think its nice that you are driving the car you pictured in your head. Thats what we all wish to be doing. But as far as tastes go, I dont like it. I think, like many others here, that it looks too much like a Accord. If we were driving down the road together I would think it was a Honda without question. But hey the point is you are happy and thats all that matters.
Old 02-25-08, 06:23 PM
rtk7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mick_foley
While I don't full heartedly agree with your modding choices, I can say that it is nice for the type of look you were going for. I will give you a thumbs up on that but since no one else has the courage.....I will say that 8k HIDs is ricer all the way. Not because I don't like 8k HIDs but because they are cop magnets and aren't nearly as effective as 4300k HIDs. You should have just bought some blue halogen bulbs if you were going to waste your money like that. My 2 pennies. Like I said before, that is a great paint job and everything looks good together.

i have 8000k hid's... they look really nice
and they arent ricey... in my opinon but all "rice" is what people think doesnt belong on a car really but in my opinion he wanted a tuner looking car... hes got it , it looks nice like a tuner car but its just not everyones style on here
alot of people dont like tuners.. they are the new cars just like" donk cars"
the 30 inch rims on caddys i mean i think it looks sweet but just not my style and i dont want it
but anyways unless you have 8000k lights and they dont work for you.. they arent ricey never got pulled over and i see alot at night
Old 02-25-08, 09:18 PM
mick_foley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rtk7
i have 8000k hid's... they look really nice
and they arent ricey... in my opinon but all "rice" is what people think doesnt belong on a car really but in my opinion he wanted a tuner looking car... hes got it , it looks nice like a tuner car but its just not everyones style on here
alot of people dont like tuners.. they are the new cars just like" donk cars"
the 30 inch rims on caddys i mean i think it looks sweet but just not my style and i dont want it
but anyways unless you have 8000k lights and they dont work for you.. they arent ricey never got pulled over and i see alot at night
[RANT]

Have you compared them to driving with 4300k to see what you are missing? Also blue headlights suck @ss. I know it's my opinion but why would you want that crap even shining in your rearview mirror? I've had that happen to me before and it is really annoying. White light doesn't have that effect. My reasons for not liking 8000k is not just the look, it is the functionality. It's a fact that 8000k has significantly less lumens than 4300k (pure white). Headlights are for safety above all else. So why would anyone wanna sacrifice safety for a cheap look? Yes, it is a cheap look because every young ricer gets those damn blue lights thinking they are cool. That's the thing that makes a car ricey to me.

It's just like those big @ss fart cans people have on their cars. If you have a small 4 cylinder engine, why would you want it to sound like it's a monster - to intimidate people and make them respect your car? Well, it doesn't work if that's the reason for it. I actually laugh, not because I think my car is better than theirs but because their car is an imposter. Besides if I decide to run someone over with my car, I don't want them to hear me coming. LOL. Sorry for the rant but I felt the need to express myself.
[/RANT]
Old 02-25-08, 09:43 PM
pbbnxiltae
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TORTOISE
Damn guys give him a break its not like he's spending your money. Maybe its not what you guys like but he does..relax
thanks, hows ur lex doin?

Originally Posted by GiantsInFL
I think its nice that you are driving the car you pictured in your head. Thats what we all wish to be doing. But as far as tastes go, I dont like it. I think, like many others here, that it looks too much like a Accord. If we were driving down the road together I would think it was a Honda without question. But hey the point is you are happy and thats all that matters.
thanks, its not my dream car but im very happy with it.

i just put 7.2" LCD tvs custom fitted to my stock headrest since most aftermarket headrest with tv did not match my leather. i'll post some pictures up tomorrow. the project is not finished since i broke one of my lcd tv.
Old 02-27-08, 10:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Members, I'm removing a number of inappropriate comments (and responses to comments) from this thread. Let's get it back on topic with mature discussion please. I'm not telling anyone they have to like the OP's car, just if you choose to voice a negative opinion be constructive and/or polite about it.

Paintrain / SRTGT500, please check your PM and exit this thread from this point forward

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-27-08 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-27-08, 12:07 PM
TORTOISE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pbbnxiltae

i just put 7.2" LCD tvs custom fitted to my stock headrest since most aftermarket headrest with tv did not match my leather. i'll post some pictures up tomorrow. the project is not finished since i broke one of my lcd tv.

My lex is alright...commin along slowww. How hard was it to do the headrest monitors? I wanna eventually get some.
Old 02-27-08, 12:26 PM
GiantsInFL
Rookie

Default you seem

Originally Posted by pbbnxiltae

to be happy with the car, or at least the way its coming along. You took so many pictures from before painting and on, so its obvious you really are excited about it. Like I said you like it and thats all that matters.

Quick Reply: Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!