ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07 | 11:18 AM
powerwave
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pbbnxiltae
other ppl are just too scared to mess up their ES. thinkin that its a better car than CIVIC but our car is piece of junk compare to any 98+ civic.
still laughing....

whew... ok...

oh... oh...

no... not done yet...

bwahahaaahahaaa
Old 12-11-07 | 12:01 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

I for one cant wait to see how its gonna turn out....

Post pix asap when its done.
Old 12-11-07 | 12:25 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

thanks. finally someone who understands what im tryin to do.
other ppl are just too scared to mess up their ES. thinkin that its a better car than CIVIC but our car is piece of junk compare to any 98+ civic.
thats wayyy below the belt . I take back my comment on being interested in the turnout now. Apparently the ES is like a Civic for you

Old 12-11-07 | 01:02 PM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Apparently the ES is like a Civic for you

Wasn't that obvious from him creating this thread?
Old 12-11-07 | 01:22 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JSM1284
Wasn't that obvious from him creating this thread?
I have hope in people haha. Guess I was wrong this time
Old 12-11-07 | 01:50 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm, I really can't see how a 98 civic is better than an ES??! I mean, seriously, it's a civic... that's just way too low. Anyway, I think the idea you have is that most of us here are into a less aggressive approach to modifying our cars. Maybe less aggressive when it comes to getting "someone else" to chuck on a big body kit that does little to continue the current style of the car, but in no-way are we mild modders. Well not me anyway. And a civic might sound and look cool for maybe 10 minutes after you install an after market exhaust and body kit, but the chicks you'll pull in that, well I'll stop there.
By the way, I quite like having a Lexus, why? Because as some others have already said, parts arn't so easy to find. That also means that custom designs can be built and installed, and I like that challenge. It also means that because these same parts arn't mass produced, you won't see the same thing over and over again on a Lexus. Unlike your standard Honda buddies.
Now compare a stock standard civic next to a stock standard ES300 both of the same build year... I think if someone gave you the keys to one, you'd for sure take the ES. Even if your hearts set on being a Ricer, you'd still be smart enough to take the Lex, as you take one look at the price tags on both and you could sell the Lex and buy 3 of those civics!
Now, I'm just ranting a little, and as I said earlier, it should turn out ok. I don't mind the whole body kit thing, and the colour you're going for is great. So thumbs up. And it's your car, so who cares. Do what you like. Good luck.
Old 12-11-07 | 01:58 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Hey folks

Unfortunately, you will see more and more of this as used Lexuses become more affordable due to age. The ESs are probably the most affordable followed by the SCs.

Now that anybody can afford a Lexus, you'll start to see more and more of this madness since modding a Honda/Acura is so passe. I just hope that folks chime into CL to see how to do it right.

It's one thing to be different. I salute that. It's another to be different and look like ***. Well, that's just wrong.

Personally, I think all the pics in this thread look like **** but to each his own. Just do a poll with the finished product.
Old 12-11-07 | 03:07 PM
ES BL155
Pole Position

thinkin that its a better car than CIVIC but our car is piece of junk compare to any 98+ civic.
bad move to flame an ES on a forum full of ES fanatics
Old 12-11-07 | 03:14 PM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

I found a thread for the Original Poster:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/insid...-detening.html
Old 12-11-07 | 03:32 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

lol. owned on both car forums that he belongs to.
Charley
Old 12-11-07 | 03:41 PM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Old 12-11-07 | 03:54 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

thanks. finally someone who understands what im tryin to do.
Oh, and I thought I'd point this out. If your goal is to simply mess up your car, than you're definetly doing it all wrong!
Old 12-11-07 | 04:23 PM
Eyemfaster
Driver School Candidate

plannin to put 17 or 18s on.
18's had better be a minimum size. take a look around at the other ES's and you'll find that 17's are a little too small. after all, this is a lexus, not a 98+ civic.
Old 12-11-07 | 04:33 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

guys, ill be the first one to say that i luv our es's but people like different things, and if this is what he wants to do, so be it. i like the idea of having a range rover as an off roader, my friends like the idea of it being in a rap video with 24's. leave the guy alone and its not like hes messing up a 90 grand ls, hes modding his es which is worth 10 grand at the most. and for all we know it will look good, so i say all of you shut the hell up and wait till its done. and why are you bringing civics into this, they are great cars. 14 years old and i have to lecture to people about letting others voice their ideas, pitiful, hope your car looks good and that you enjoy it
Old 12-11-07 | 04:45 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jmd93
guys, ill be the first one to say that i luv our es's but people like different things, and if this is what he wants to do, so be it. i like the idea of having a range rover as an off roader, my friends like the idea of it being in a rap video with 24's. leave the guy alone and its not like hes messing up a 90 grand ls, hes modding his es which is worth 10 grand at the most. and for all we know it will look good, so i say all of you shut the hell up and wait till its done. and why are you bringing civics into this, they are great cars. 14 years old and i have to lecture to people about letting others voice their ideas, pitiful, hope your car looks good and that you enjoy it
No offense, but you should read all posts before posting...

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!