ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My Lexus is gone...but thank god Im not..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 10:03 AM
Lexus4You
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Lexus is gone...but thank god Im not..

i came around that corner in the pic above goin about 80-90.....

this is the road i kept talking about, and i went out one night when my parents were out of town.... i drive on this road all the time but that night i wanted to push it... so i was goin about 100 on that small road and went around the turn and didnt want to over steer and drift so i under steered and the 2 tires went off the right side of the road and i thought if i just kept the wheel straight instead of over compensating and flipping over, but i thought i could get it back... but thats not the case when u are goin about 80-90.. the car just started spining and i knew i lost it.... i was skidding across the road where the skid marks are and hit the ditch and then the car some how flipped over and landed upside down by the blue car in the pic above.... i crawled out and called 911.. i am fine... nothing but a bruised face... thank god.... it was dark out when it happened but when i went to go see the car at the junk yard, ill admit it.... i cried... first off i think i should be dead... and second, i just put a jdm engine in it... and got it all fixed up... a 3 year process all gone in less than 1 minute...... dont drive fast.. its not worth it...please... im begging you.. dont do what i did because it can happen to anybody and maybe you wont be as lucky as i was......

Last edited by Lexus4You; 12-18-07 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-18-07, 10:07 AM
pbbnxiltae
Pole Position

dammmmmmmm thank god your safe.
ill make sure i dont drive fast.
i wouldnt want to damage my new body k it.
Old 12-18-07, 10:19 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

god damn, im glad your safe
Old 12-18-07, 10:23 AM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad your ok. Is it just me or is bad Karma coming around lately and all these ES's are being totaled?
Old 12-18-07, 11:38 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow glad your ok. Sorry about your lex chalk another one up on the safety of a lexus I mean look at the car and just a few bruises. I don't know what it is this year about all these wrecked es's what does that make at least 5 this year.
Old 12-18-07, 12:28 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

god was with you man, glad ur ok
Old 12-18-07, 12:30 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first of all, you 're ok that's good
second you will shake it off in a while [you know what im talking about]
thirdly, you went too fast on a non race track [who knows the surface conditions etc]
fourthly, this car is not good at turns [unless you did some major suspension change]
fifthly, oversteer is better than understeer , ill take it any day. understeer is what wrecks cars time and again. If you stink at driving, then you're screwed cause you lack skill to use oversteer, and you are then forced to flip over like this.
sixthly, why did you type this up online, what if someone finds it and you get in worse trouble etc ....
seventhly, you're lucky you didn't strike anyone... even kill them - that would be manslaughter or worse charges.
eightly, hope you stick around, we need to pick your brain : )

try to have a merry christmas my friend,
B

Last edited by llcoolpass; 12-24-07 at 08:19 AM. Reason: major typo fixed, should clear things up
Old 12-18-07, 12:32 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW Glad you didnt get too badly hurt. You are very lucky. What part of NC you from?

-Smitty
Old 12-18-07, 12:45 PM
phild
Driver School Candidate

first off glad to see you survived. where at in nc are you. i need the middle vents off the dash if you can connect me with the junkyard or still have access to the car. im in salisbury about 30 minutes north of charlotte let me know something. also what kind of condition is that front driver seat in?
Old 12-18-07, 12:56 PM
Lexus4You
Driver

Originally Posted by llcoolpass
first of all, you 're ok that's good
second you will shake it off in a while [you know what im talking about]
thirdly, you went too fast on a non race track [who knows the surface conditions etc]
fourthly, this car is not good at turns [unless you did some major suspension change]
fifthly, oversteer is better than understeer , ill take it any day. oversteer is what wrecks cars time and again. unless you stink at driving, then you're screwed cause you can't use oversteer, and you are the nforced to flip over like this.
sixthly, why did you type this up online, waht ifsomeone finds it and you get in worse trouble etc ....
seventhly, you're lucky you didn't strike anyone... even kill them - that would be manslaughter or worse charges.
eightly, hope you stick around, we need to pick your brain : )

try to have a merry christmas my friend,
B
i didnt flip my car because over steer... i flipped because i under steered and went off the road.. basically lost control.... you are exactly right about the lexus not being a sport car/ good in turns... its a family sedan.. not a sports car... i learned my lesson... "sixthly, why did you type this up online, waht ifsomeone finds it and you get in worse trouble etc ...."???????? what are you talking about... my parents were called and drove 9 hours home from NY to see that i was ok... so its all good now...but the seats are in horrible condition and the middle vent is broken probably for the same reason yours is in poor condition, when i took out the radio u have to pry that middle vent out and it breaks on the edges... basically the entire car is junk except the engine which was just installed not too long ago... but to go through all the trouble to get it out of a wrecked car is probably not worth it...... and also i do agree that the lexus's are very safe... i really want to buy another one but need to save up for it... thanks guys
Old 12-18-07, 02:05 PM
phild
Driver School Candidate

what about the passenger seat head rest. i need one of those as well.
Old 12-18-07, 02:20 PM
happy_es3
Driver

wow that sucks good to see your still ok and its good to know the car held up pretty well for a n accident like that go LEXUS!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-07, 03:04 PM
RawGin
Driver

R.i.p.......
Old 12-18-07, 03:28 PM
dallison
Intermediate

you are very lucky and i won't even say it, you already know. you learn more from your mistakes
Old 12-18-07, 03:33 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

damnn.....thank GOD you still able to post in this forum...

Quick Reply: My Lexus is gone...but thank god Im not..