ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Will A 1.6"drop Be Too Much On A 96 Es300 W/18" Is350 Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-08 | 01:21 PM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will A 1.6"drop Be Too Much On A 96 Es300 W/18" Is350 Wheels?

ordered all new strut mounts and kyb shocks. soon to order the 18" IS350 replica wheels 18x8 +45. im going to order some kics spacers maybe 10mm to flush with outer fender.im def going to do a fender roll to be on the safe side. i saw some 1.6" vogtland springs and was wondering if this would take care of all the wheel gap or would it be too much. i want to do everything @ one time to get it over with. please all info is appreciated.

if the 10mm spacers are too much or not enough please let me know.

Last edited by stormtrupr; 01-26-08 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-25-08 | 05:24 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need 15mm spacers and longer studs. I have 12mm spacers and they are not enough. If you go through with it that would make you the second es to have is350 rims.
Old 01-26-08 | 05:08 AM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

the kics spacers have studs already built into them. do you have any drop on your car?
Old 01-26-08 | 07:32 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Spacers like that are very unsafe. If they break your wheels will fall off. Your best bet is to get the longer studs and spacers. About a drop no I do not have a drop yet I was going to do a 1" drop if there is money left from the rebuild and HID retrofit.
Old 01-26-08 | 08:36 AM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Choas
Spacers like that are very unsafe. If they break your wheels will fall off. Your best bet is to get the longer studs and spacers. About a drop no I do not have a drop yet I was going to do a 1" drop if there is money left from the rebuild and HID retrofit.
a lot of drift cars and 240's around here in VA run them, no one has ever had any problems and they track the **** out of their cars too. im getting some for my 240 too to space out the rear some more.
Old 01-26-08 | 09:35 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Just use some logic with this if it breaks what will happen. Trust me its much safer the other way. Its not like a longer stud and spacer where if one breaks you still have 5 more.
Old 01-26-08 | 10:00 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Kics spacers will not break. They're pretty well made. Go with coilovers. 1.6 inches isn't much.
Old 01-26-08 | 10:37 AM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

no coilovers. its my wifes car and she hates the way my jic coilovers feel on the nissan. im sure 1.6" will take away the wheel gap. that is my only concern.

i do see where your coming from chaos, but kics are a reputable company. all the drift sites sell them. ive had this same conversation w/nissan gurus and they about chewed my head off. kics spacers do not break. 135.00 pr they better not. lol
Old 01-26-08 | 10:37 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

^I believe they are well made but things do break its just the way things are it just makes me nervous.
Old 01-26-08 | 10:54 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stormtrupr
no coilovers. its my wifes car and she hates the way my jic coilovers feel on the nissan. im sure 1.6" will take away the wheel gap. that is my only concern.

i do see where your coming from chaos, but kics are a reputable company. all the drift sites sell them. ive had this same conversation w/nissan gurus and they about chewed my head off. kics spacers do not break. 135.00 pr they better not. lol
Ah I didn't know it was for your wife. In that case, get springs and tell her to take it easy on the dips and driveways.

If I recall correctly, Mackin Industries makes Kics spacers. Same distributor as Rays Engineering and other great products. I have a lot of faith in Mackin.

I've had 25mm bolt on Kics spacers on my stock GS wheels for a while and they were fine. Just make sure they bolts are torqued. I doubt your wife does any crazy driving so you guys should be fine. I don't recommend rolling the fenders BTW. Either go a tire size or two down or shave the fenders. Too many things can go wrong with rolling.
Old 01-26-08 | 10:59 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stormtrupr

Well i'm not gonna chew your head off its your car you do what you want I'm just giving you my advice. If your not gonna go with coilovers you should replace the struts as well while you are doing the drop. Oh and you need a 15mm spacer in the rear.
Old 01-26-08 | 11:02 AM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chrispy
Ah I didn't know it was for your wife. In that case, get springs and tell her to take it easy on the dips and driveways.

If I recall correctly, Mackin Industries makes Kics spacers. Same distributor as Rays Engineering and other great products. I have a lot of faith in Mackin.

I've had 25mm bolt on Kics spacers on my stock GS wheels for a while and they were fine. Just make sure they bolts are torqued. I doubt your wife does any crazy driving so you guys should be fine. I don't recommend rolling the fenders BTW. Either go a tire size or two down or shave the fenders. Too many things can go wrong with rolling.
any suggestions on tire size for 18x8? im trying to order all this within 2 weeks. by shaving the fenders do you mean grinding down the inner lip?
Old 01-26-08 | 11:10 AM
stormtrupr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Choas
Well i'm not gonna chew your head off its your car you do what you want I'm just giving you my advice. If your not gonna go with coilovers you should replace the struts as well while you are doing the drop. Oh and you need a 15mm spacer in the rear.
by all means i appreciate your help i am replacing all the shocks with kyb & new strut mounts are on their way. i will order spacers this week. do i need 15mm spacers up front too?
Old 01-26-08 | 11:15 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

I have 225/40/18's with a 5mm spacer in the front.
Old 01-26-08 | 11:17 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Oh and another question what are these camber plates and can they be used to slightly move my struts?

Quick Reply: Will A 1.6"drop Be Too Much On A 96 Es300 W/18" Is350 Wheels?