ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

what all should my car have

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 03:52 PM
Monkiee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what all should my car have

so here lately now that im not working millions of hours ,ive started noticing things, yes these things will sound dumb to some but ive never owned a luxury car before my lexus so bare with me.

My cupholders dont pop out (discovered these when i passed out in my car at a rest stop).

ive got a remote entry, but i dont know what my key should look like. does anyone have their original 93 es 300 key and could you post a pic please.

my caps on the tire are loose and they rattle when i drive.

if you have any answers or pictures please let me know. Anything you got about what a 93 should come equipped with.
Old 02-05-08, 04:29 PM
92ES5sp
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the key for my 92. 93 should be similar. It says "LOCK/UNLOCK DOOR" on it. There is a fix on here for broken cupholders, you could try searching for that. Never messed with mine because they work okay. For the center caps, take them off and slightly bend each tab outward with pliers. You want it to be tight fitting and not wiggle side to side. This was the very first thing I did to my car when I got it and problem solved. Im not sure if these are options or not but mine has heated front seats, sunroof, power antenna, 6 disc changer and some other stuff im forgetting. Oh and its a stick.

Something else I cant figure out: The round light that lights up around the drivers door lock according to the owners manual is supposed to illuminate when you pull up on the handle (when locked). Mine lights up, but only when you open the door and the dome light switch triggers it. I could never figure that out. Whats up with that does anybody know?
Old 02-05-08, 05:30 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92ES5sp
Im not sure if these are options or not but mine has heated front seats, sunroof, power antenna, 6 disc changer and some other stuff im forgetting.
Don't forget the headlight washers or are those just for us lucky Canadian owners?

Something else I cant figure out: The round light that lights up around the drivers door lock according to the owners manual is supposed to illuminate when you pull up on the handle (when locked). Mine lights up, but only when you open the door and the dome light switch triggers it. I could never figure that out. Whats up with that does anybody know?
Kind of defeats the purpose of having an illuminated key slot if it only lights up when the door is open!!!!
I know mine works when I pull up on the door handle. I didn't realize it though until I'd owned the car for a year! Just happened to notice it glowing one night...I thought WTF is that??? LOL
Old 02-05-08, 05:39 PM
92ES5sp
Lexus Test Driver

Kind of defeats the purpose of having an illuminated key slot if it only lights up when the door is open!!!!
Lexucan thats what I said! Ill have to research that. Not a big deal though as I always use the fob but I dont like it when things dont work. Is the dome light supposed to come on at the same time?
Old 02-05-08, 06:35 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92ES5sp
Lexucan thats what I said! Ill have to research that. Not a big deal though as I always use the fob but I dont like it when things dont work. Is the dome light supposed to come on at the same time?
Yep, the dome light comes on too when the door handle is lifted. Maybe someone at the factory got your wires crossed and connected it just to the door sensor switch and not the handle??
Old 02-05-08, 06:51 PM
92ES5sp
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Yep, the dome light comes on too when the door handle is lifted. Maybe someone at the factory got your wires crossed and connected it just to the door sensor switch and not the handle??
So when you open the door the key hole light illuminates as well or not? Sorry for all the questions im just really shocked at this. Im positive its never been messed with. Wierd. Next ES 300 I get at work im gonna check it out.

Last edited by 92ES5sp; 02-05-08 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-05-08, 07:03 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the heat that doesn't blow hot air until the car warms up.
Old 02-06-08, 10:32 PM
Monkiee
Driver School Candidate

lol sounds like my car is in the correct running condition of yalls. lucky canadians,lol, my door light lights up when i pull on the handle its pretty nifty, but i dont have the original key. >.< i wonder if i can get one made, i want to be able to unlock and lock my doors without using the key but not getting something installed, im trying to restore it to near factory condition at least. im ordering a cd magazine later this week. thank you for the picture of the key for sure, that helped me out tons. i might fix my cup holder i might not, they are in an odd place, infront of buttons i press constantly

ALSO******* if someone could take a picture of their seat warmer buttons, it seems my car might have once been equipped with then but the buttons are gone and if so, i want to fix this so i can warm my buns due to the nice winter amarillo is having this year

Last edited by Monkiee; 02-06-08 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-07-08, 08:40 AM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Monkiee
i might fix my cup holder i might not, they are in an odd place, infront of buttons i press constantly
That is the thing I HATE most of all about my '94...I can't change radio when I have coffee cups or drink cups in the damn cupholders. What brainiac thought that was a good idea??

Oh, and I can't plug my cellphone charger into the lighter when the cup holders are out either!!!!
Old 02-07-08, 06:05 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

do there seem to be covers where youthink the butons would go, if so, your car did not come with them
Old 02-07-08, 07:48 PM
Monkiee
Driver School Candidate

there arent covers, there are holes with crap inside.

but yeah some super smart guy put the cup holders infront of the radio.. 44 ounce drinks barely fit, and they can fall out from time to time so i just hold my cup and drive with one hand ^__^