ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Car Dropped - Before and After Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 08:07 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Forgot to mention how bad the car is over bad pavement and uneven concrete freeway with the low profiles
How is the ride with the lowered car?
yeah, the lower the profile the more you'll feel the road and its harshness. The tires softens some of the impact of the bumbs. That's why you see more people bending their rims with larger rims.

The ride is perfect. I was told that the KYB GR-2 is as close you can get to stock in which it is. At first it felt a little stiff but after about 3 weeks it settled and is very smooth now. It hugs and corners the curves much better than before.

Last edited by kphu; 05-26-08 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-27-08, 10:08 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look's great
Old 05-28-08, 05:17 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tint update, found out the local LT is 40% so that will be the tint that I will have, gotta drop my car off to the shop tomorrow morning, I'll send pictures when I get the car back tomorrow afternoon while there's still proper light out.

Edit: Oh... and when it isn't raining......

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 05-29-08 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-29-08, 07:25 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
tint update, found out the local LT is 40% so that will be the tint that I will have, gotta drop my car off to the shop tomorrow morning, I'll send pictures when I get the car back tomorrow afternoon while there's still proper light out.

Edit: Oh... and when it isn't raining......
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Raining??? Good time to wash the car.
Old 05-29-08, 07:32 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Not In Cayman Unfortunantly, Raining + Washing car = More Rain the next morning, and more dirt and mud splashed up onto the car, here our roads consist mainly of asphalt on the main road and highways, gravel for residential areas where i am... with patches of asphalt to patch numerous potholes created from torrential rainstorms... thus saying you can wash your car in the rain, only to have it get more dirty again...
Old 05-29-08, 01:14 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
Not In Cayman Unfortunantly, Raining + Washing car = More Rain the next morning, and more dirt and mud splashed up onto the car, here our roads consist mainly of asphalt on the main road and highways, gravel for residential areas where i am... with patches of asphalt to patch numerous potholes created from torrential rainstorms... thus saying you can wash your car in the rain, only to have it get more dirty again...
that sucks...I usually look at the forecast to see if its going to stop raining before the next day. If it is then I wash the car and let the rain wash the soap off, then an hour or so later I drive the car into the garage and then wipe it down with a towel. The next day I have a clean car with no water spots.

Where in the Cayman islands are you?
Old 05-29-08, 01:46 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

I reside on the main island, Grand Cayman

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 05-29-08 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-29-08, 02:01 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

I was in George Town a few years ago during my Southern Carribean cruise trip. If I'm ever there I'll look you up.
Old 05-29-08, 03:11 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

kphu, the ES3 looks clean man good work!!! I miss mine!
Old 05-29-08, 04:40 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Well here is the result of the tinting (tint = 40%), it is slightly overcast today, so the tint appears darker than what it really is. i need to take another photo with bright sunlight.

however it's still nice to stay pretty cool during hot summer days when theirs no rain.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-17-09 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-29-08, 04:52 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

WOW, WINDOM! Nice, let's see the short ram, I used to sell a clean one that we made at the old shop, do you have pics posted of it?
Old 05-29-08, 05:00 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

somehow i knew i had a feeling that the next question i was gonna get was about my custom intake.... well heres the picture.

Last edited by Jeremy-KY; 06-17-09 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-29-08, 06:24 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean windom dude.. and what is that thing on the front bumper!!!! do you also have rear red fog light?
Old 05-29-08, 08:06 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

the hideous pole stickin up outta my bumper is a marker so i can see where my bumper is, so I can gauge how close my bumper is in relation to a wall.

personally I dont like it, because it never works for me, the switch that telecopes it into the bumper and hides it away doesnt work and i have no clue how to remove it.

also thanks to some unknown person, there used to be a light on top of it, but somehow its been broken off......

Since I dont know how to remove the marker, I just left it alone an ignored it.

As for a rear red fog light, i dont see one on my rear bumper, mind telling me what purpose a rear fog light would be for, i cant envision someone driving down the road at highway speeds in reverse with an 8th of a mile visiblity. LOL

I have never seen fog in my life where I live, so gennerally fog lights have no use for me sadly.
Old 05-29-08, 09:18 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Nice short ram mod, here is the custom intake I used to make but haven't produced one in ages.

The air filter's chrome heat shield connected to more aluminum piping and a rubber elbow that I ran down through the fender access into the bumper and it ended in the front right air dam and it sucked MAD cold air! It worked really good, I am trying to dream up a way to fabricate this type of set up for the LS but I don't have the duct that allows you to access the area in the fender like the ES! Back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply: Car Dropped - Before and After Pics