ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Car Dropped - Before and After Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 09:24 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to get a metal pipe for between the throttle body and the MAF but im having a hard time finding one. I could make it but then again i never weilded something before, I can have a shop make it but why pay $60 when you can find the part alot cheaper.
Old 05-29-08, 09:50 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
I really want to get a metal pipe for between the throttle body and the MAF but im having a hard time finding one. I could make it but then again i never weilded something before, I can have a shop make it but why pay $60 when you can find the part alot cheaper.
Yeah I know, I had to have it too and I actually worked at a shop that I could weld the breather nipple to attach the breather hose. That is the only tricky part for the pipe between intake manifold and MAF, but I have some buddies that have done it another way. You can buy a universal pipe the size you need (forgot measurements sorry) and pick up a universal nipple coupler that is male on both sides used to joins hoses together. You can find this little couple at your local hardware store, I have seen it used for like washing machines and what not that have rubber hoses. It will be made of plastic or sometimes thine gage aluminum and works just as good for car applications, specially since this application will not be carrying heavy air or liquid pressure, it's just a breather. Then you drill a hole in the universal aluminum pipe you buy for 10 bucks and push through the 99 cent nipple "male" part of the coupler through the whole. Then you support the coupler in place through the wall of the intake pipe with your hand and push the breather hose onto it. Do a dry fit to make sure everything fits snug. Cut off the extra male end that will rest on the inside wall of the intake pipe since it will be useless on the inside of the pipe and the coupler has a fringe in the middle kinda like a washer so it will hold it's self in place once the hose is installed on the outside of the intake pipe. Next seal it all up with a little silicone caulking/glue and fit everything snug and make sure you pipe clamp is on good for the breather hose.

Here I drew you a quick sketch, hope I make sense! LOL if you have more questions you can PM me. Since I no longer work at that shop that I weld the last one on my ES, I will be making something like this for my LS, and it has 2 breathers with different size hoses I need to make, instead of just the one for the Windom!

Old 05-29-08, 10:09 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the hideous pole stickin up outta my bumper is a marker so i can see where my bumper is, so I can gauge how close my bumper is in relation to a wall.

personally I dont like it, because it never works for me, the switch that telecopes it into the bumper and hides it away doesnt work and i have no clue how to remove it.

also thanks to some unknown person, there used to be a light on top of it, but somehow its been broken off......

Since I dont know how to remove the marker, I just left it alone an ignored it.

As for a rear red fog light, i dont see one on my rear bumper, mind telling me what purpose a rear fog light would be for, i cant envision someone driving down the road at highway speeds in reverse with an 8th of a mile visiblity. LOL

I have never seen fog in my life where I live, so gennerally fog lights have no use for me sadly.

no... i said red... someone here on the forum i forgot who it was but he have the same windom like yours and he has one.

but nice ride btw
Old 05-30-08, 05:31 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L_Sport
kphu, the ES3 looks clean man good work!!! I miss mine!
Thanks L_Sport, I don't take care of her like I do with my GX which is the wife's car as I'm planning to upgrade the ES in a year or 2.

I'm leaning towards the GS350 but I might end up getting an ES350 depending on the roominess of the interior. I drove the IS350 and it was too cramped for me. I'm hopeing that the GS350 isn't as cramped.

I love the LS460 but I can't afford that right now, maybe I should repaint the ES300 and wait 5 yrs to get the LS460....nah....I can't wait that long for a new ride.

That's a sick looking custom intake. how much to fabricate one of those?

Well here is the result of the tinting (tint = 40%), it is slightly overcast today, so the tint appears darker than what it really is. i need to take another photo with bright sunlight.

however it's still nice to stay pretty cool during hot summer days when theirs no rain.

Jeremy_KY - Your windom looks 10X better with the tint. Schwweeeet!!!!

I think all cars should come factory tinted. It looks too damn good without it.

Ken

Last edited by kphu; 05-30-08 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-30-08, 11:03 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swifty562
no... i said red... someone here on the forum i forgot who it was but he have the same windom like yours and he has one.

but nice ride btw

I guess I mis-understood your question then from the whole beginning. I havent noticed any red fog lights though on my car.
Old 05-30-08, 11:09 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kphu
Jeremy_KY - Your windom looks 10X better with the tint. Schwweeeet!!!!

I think all cars should come factory tinted. It looks too damn good without it.

Ken
I agree, all cars should come factory tint that way, the po-po cant tear down your expencive tint that you spent your time and money to put onto the car.

I am a little confused when you said: "it looks too damn good without it"

did you mean that the car looks better without factory tint?, or did you really mean to say, "it looks too damn good with factory tint"? sorry for not being the sharpest tool in the shed
Old 06-17-09, 09:43 PM
diablo9999
Driver School Candidate

Nice ride, just want to ask you kphu, if you have spacers on those wheels and what size of tire did you got?
Old 06-18-09, 06:30 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, all cars should come factory tint that way, the po-po cant tear down your expencive tint that you spent your time and money to put onto the car.

I am a little confused when you said: "it looks too damn good without it"

did you mean that the car looks better without factory tint?, or did you really mean to say, "it looks too damn good with factory tint"? sorry for not being the sharpest tool in the shed
yeah it looks too damn good with the tints so you can't do without it.

Originally Posted by diablo9999
Nice ride, just want to ask you kphu, if you have spacers on those wheels and what size of tire did you got?

damn...this is an old thread and I've moved on to a 2nd gen gs430.

No spacers... If i recall correctly the tire size was 215/50/17

Last edited by kphu; 06-18-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-03-09, 11:03 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

I bet those lexani tires would be noisey, and yeah the 225/40/18 is the closest to stock.
I had some General tires on my old 18" set, they rode really well and quiet. good price too.
Nice Drop btw as well.