ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Emergent help with my 2003 es300 please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 06:59 PM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Emergent help with my 2003 es300 please!

I just bought my 2003 es300 from a priate party two weeks ago. I am upset with the alarm that spontaneously gives off endless, what is worse, I turn it to the dealer for help, they check it around, but they cant find anything wrong. Would anybody please help me out of this? Appreciate for any suggestions and help. I can't even go to sleep for the alrm issue. Just a few minutes ago, the local police come to my home for the complaints by neighbour.

Old 10-08-08, 07:25 PM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

C'mon guys, I really need your help. Please, please.....I appreciate for that more than I can.
Old 10-08-08, 09:41 PM
zajac
Driver

Is it a factory alarm or aftermarket?? If it is aftermarket I would just rip that sh#& out, factory, maybe your car battery has something to do with it.
Old 10-09-08, 12:21 AM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

I have no idea about that, since I bought it from a private party. If I rip that out, does it mean I don't have a Anti-theft systerm.

And is it a possibility that the battery is closing to its end that causes a alarm to give off in a different way.

Thank you very much. By the way, where do you suggest to change battery(car,not key), and which brand?
Old 10-09-08, 03:09 PM
heorung
Driver

1st - You need to know if the alarm is factory fitted? (ask the dealer again)

2nd - If it is aftermarket.. consider getting quotes on what is wrong with it / how much to repair / replacement alarm. (Car Audio place usually does car alarms too ... at least in Australia)

3rd - If it is factory fitted... are you willing to repair / replace it knowing that LEXUS dealers usually charge through the roof for it.
Old 10-09-08, 04:45 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

If it is a factory alarm, get yourself a wiring diagram. Once you have the diagram, you can look up all the alarm inputs (such as door switches) and start disconnecting them. Once you figure out what input is triggering it you can then firgure out what needs to be replaced. If you are really tired of it going off, disconnect all inputs and see if the problem stops. You can then connect one at a time till you find the problem. It is a tedious process, but a shop charges by the hour and the entire process of finding the problem could add up real fast.
Old 10-09-08, 09:49 PM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot guys. It helps me to understand a bit of the the problem. But how can I get a wiring diagram? How to implement all the steps? Now I just lock the door from inside without setting up the alarm system so as to get myself out of trouble(say, police and neighbor), I just do not know how to get it done completely? Thank you for everything you guys suggest.
Old 10-09-08, 09:50 PM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

How to disconnect the input interface, where are them? Any detail instructions to cover that? Appreciate it more than I can.
Old 10-09-08, 10:17 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

Google "ALLDATA", they sell online subscriptions to car manuals. These are some of the most complete mauanls you can find. They not only have electrical diagrams,connector pinouts, component locations, TSB's. The interface is a little difficult to get use to, but it is well worth the money if you intend on doing any serious troubleshooting.
Old 10-09-08, 10:22 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

PS if it is a issue with the module itself, and you would like to save a considerable amount of money, I would recomend tossing the factory unit and then wiring in a aftermarket. With the wiring diagrams, you will be able to figure out every wire going into the oem unit, and hooking it up to the new aftermarket unit.
Old 10-09-08, 10:37 PM
felixtsine
Driver School Candidate

Many thanks. I gain better understanding of that from you guys.
Old 10-09-08, 10:56 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

Start your troubleshooting by disconnecting the switches for the doors, trunk, hood. The chances are that one of switches are on the edge of making/breaking. The problem is that the only way to figure out which one is by the process of elimination. This is after you give a visual inspection of the switches that you can see.