ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Please help with codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 09:26 AM
Hacc
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Please help with codes

i have es300 2001 and had a engine check ,light on
codes are
P300 ramdom missfire

p301 clyinder 1 missfire??
p302clyinder 2 missfire???
p174 fuel trim lean ??? wht does this mean ????

can anyone please help me wid it
thanx in advance
Old 10-13-08, 01:59 PM
Infin1ty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not drive your car and get it to a shop ASAP.

Your first two codes are pretty simple. Your cylinders 1 and 2 are misfiring, this can cause severe damage to your engine.

The 2nd code basically means one of your O2 sensors in bank 2 detected to much oxygen in the exhaust. Could be a bad sensor, but I would go get that diagnosed first.

As stated above though, get your car to the shop ASAP, and do not drive it unless absolutely necessary. I would recommend having the shop come and tow it.

*Edit*

Pertaining to the P0174 error you were pulling, this is directly off the ODB II website:

* The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors
leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
* There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.

Last edited by Infin1ty; 10-13-08 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-13-08, 02:20 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and for the cylinder 1 and 2 misfire, replace the spark plugs on them first. if problem acts up again, disconnect battery for 15mins, and swap the coilpack with cylinder 3/4 or 5/6 and get codes checked again.

Charley
Old 10-13-08, 03:00 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A few months ago I was having the constant P0174 code and the random P0300 and 301, 302, ect codes. I replaced the spark plugs and the O2 sensor and its been fine ever since. I suggest changing the O2 sensor first and see if that does the trick first then move to the spark plugs. Then again if you dont know how long its been since the spark plugs have been replace you could go ahead and change them. Good luck bro.

-Smitty
Old 10-13-08, 04:35 PM
Infin1ty
Driver

I did forget to ask, is your Check Engine Light blinking?
Old 10-14-08, 04:02 AM
Hacc
Driver

Default missfire

@infinity yes bro the engine light is blinking , i have changed all the spark plugs, airfilter, timing belt etc but the check light is still on, i think there is some sort of problem with the coils

and about the fuel trim to lean blank 2 wht does this mean?

help me plz
Old 10-14-08, 06:07 AM
Infin1ty
Driver

Honestly I wish I could tell you the exact problem I was having when this was happening to me, I do know however it was a couple of sensors that the dealer had to replace.

Anyways, blinking engine light is not a good thing, this indicates "potential serious damage" to your engine. I would highly recommend you call a tow truck and have it picked up from where it is. Driving with your engine in this condition can (and if you let it go on) will cause damage.
Old 10-15-08, 07:15 AM
Hacc
Driver

Default changed the coils still having problem

i went to da garage changed all the spark plugs, coils, airfilter, replaced MAF sensor but the check light came back again

now on saturday i will go to change the injectors and i am planing to change the o2 sensor can any 1 please tell me where abts is this Sensor on bank 2?€
coz according to the code 174 its showing the fuel trim to lean bank 2 . i want to give it a try as well...so if u have any pic or sumfin plz share it wid me
thanx in advance
cheerzzzz
Old 10-15-08, 10:56 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hacc
i went to da garage changed all the spark plugs, coils, airfilter, replaced MAF sensor but the check light came back again

now on saturday i will go to change the injectors and i am planing to change the o2 sensor can any 1 please tell me where abts is this Sensor on bank 2?€
coz according to the code 174 its showing the fuel trim to lean bank 2 . i want to give it a try as well...so if u have any pic or sumfin plz share it wid me
thanx in advance
cheerzzzz
Well the O2 sensor I changed was the one in the very front on the header. If your looking under your hood you should be able to see it. Its the easiest one to get to. I'll try to take a picture if I have time.

-Smitty
Old 10-16-08, 01:07 AM
Hacc
Driver

Default trouble not over

i went to da garage my mechanic checked the injectors and said there is nofin wrong wid it , i cant really get to da fault

help me wid ur ideaaaaaas plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and code p0174 dont knw wht to do
Old 10-18-08, 08:49 AM
Hacc
Driver

Default is this the o2 sensor ?

can any1 please tell me tht is this the o2 sensor on bank 2 ??
so tht i can go ahead and get it changed, and by da way there is a tick tick tick sound coming from the back of the exhaust ..it was not there before but dont have a clue from where it is coming ..if u guys had this prb please share thanks
Old 10-18-08, 08:54 AM
Hacc
Driver

Default pic

is this the one?????
Attached Thumbnails Please help with codes-image006.jpg  
Old 10-18-08, 09:44 AM
Infin1ty
Driver

Actually I believe that is your bank 1 sensor. If I'm not mistaken your bank 2 sensor is located behind the catalytic converter. You actually have 3 sensors, two oxygen and a air/fuel sensor. You will have two sensors in your exhaust manifold, and as stated, one right after the catalytic converter.
Old 10-18-08, 03:45 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hacc
is this the one?????
thats the O2 sensor I changed and it fixed my 0174 code. So its worth a try.

-Smitty
Old 10-23-08, 11:41 PM
Hacc
Driver

Exclamation changed air fuel sensor bank 2

today i bought air fuel sensor for bank 2 which is located on the headers bought it for 75$ denso , well the engine check light went off i drove my car around da block for abt 10miles but the engine light didnt show up so i hope my problem is fixed.,,,

infin1ty & smitty bro thanx for ur help
cheerz!

check the pic of my old sensor
Attached Thumbnails Please help with codes-24102008037.jpg  

Quick Reply: Please help with codes