ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

[2ES] Boulevardier Brake Update Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 07:51 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Choas
Looking good as always slooooooow
Thanks m'brother! Nice to see you still with us. You've been mighty quiet lately. I figure you've been busy with family and/or quietly cooking up another trick mod or the like.
Originally Posted by heorung
Very nice Slooww... keep up the good work.

With my choice of rim.... it makes everything so visible ... I'll have to think about going to same path ur on & paint brakepad assembly to have the Lexus logo on it soon.

BTW Slowww .. what does all that stats on your sig mean?...are u a CS addict or something?
Yep. Now that I'm comfy doing brake jobs, I next plan on removing the calipers and painting them, and I've got some nice Lexus decals here waiting to be applied. Unfortunately there's not as much room for decals on the ES brakes as there is on the brakes on my SC (LS BBK upgrade).

HA! Yeah those are my Folding@home stats for ClubLexus! You need to join us. It's gadgety, competitive and for a great cause. There's a thread about it in the Lounge forum (I think).

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Nice upgrade, definetly a + in my books. If I was keeping the ES, I'd do this for sure. On the cross drilled vs slotted brakes, in real high performance applications, some type of cross drilled rotors aren't favoured because of the possibility of cracking at the weak points of the cross drilled sections. But that's under real high performance braking and use. Should be excellent on the ES!
Thank you, sir! That's about exactly what I've decided. Although I'll take my ES on the twisties and backroads, and possibly on an autocross course for grins, I don't think I'll be putting it through anything so tough that I'll reveal any weaknesses of the cross-drilled and/or slotted architecture. I do like the way they look, so it seems the near-luxury sedan might be a perfect candidate. (Notice there're Brembo blanks on the SC, which gets a lot more heat )

Last edited by Slooooooow; 06-01-09 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-02-09, 07:38 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Thanks m'brother! Nice to see you still with us. You've been mighty quiet lately. I figure you've been busy with family and/or quietly cooking up another trick mod or the like.
Still here man still her the es forum is still my homepage....got some stuff in the kitchen right now....prob just tint in the here and now but soon I will put up my aux in DIY for all yall out there who want an aux in on a factory stereo
Old 06-02-09, 07:41 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and the folding@home link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...or-cancer.html
Old 06-09-09, 12:37 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
With the Brembo blanks (same thing I have on my SC) and the Hawk pads, it sounds like you're sittin' pretty as it is. I like the way the Brembos look on my SC behind the XXR 962s. The only change I'd make is a changeover to the stainless steel brake lines. They're available all over, including Tire Rack.[/COLOR][/FONT]
XXR 962s? pics please. i really like these wheels
Old 06-09-09, 01:36 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Vic Nyce
XXR 962s? pics please. i really like these wheels
The XXR 962s are on my SC, pictured in these links:
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da.../aDSC06016.jpg
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da.../aDSC05941.jpg
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...3/IMG_3008.jpg
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...3/IMG_3006.jpg
Old 06-09-09, 07:51 PM
Kusay76
Driver School Candidate

That is a beutiful SC, those wheels look incredible with green. Clean and sporty like your ES, you have great taste.
Old 06-09-09, 08:01 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Kusay76
That is a beutiful SC, those wheels look incredible with green. Clean and sporty like your ES, you have great taste.

Wow! Thank you kindly for the nice compliment!
Old 06-09-09, 08:42 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

bad *** SC bro!
Old 06-09-09, 10:47 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Vic Nyce
bad *** SC bro!
Jeepers the kind words. Thanks!

On a related note, I just finished putting the Ichiba V2 15mm spacers in the rear and maxing out the negative camber on the ES's rear. I now have some S P A C E between the coilover and the inner lip of the wheel/tire.

I then moved the H&R 5mm spacers that were on the rear to the front, flushing the front out. Why didn't I do that sooner? Oh well, it's all worked out in the end.

I ended up raising the rear of the ES approximately 3/4 of an inch, since a mere 50 lbs of offspring in the back was causing frequent wheelwell-to-tire contact. Oddly enough, she's still level (lower line parallel with the ground) within 1/8 of an inch?!? Kewl. I'll take it.

Now for spacers to further flush the SC. But that's another forum in a short while.