ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Paint Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-02, 07:20 PM
supwithyou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry we all cant have stock ES300's like you sniper. If you dont like it keep ur mouth shut, no one asked for ur opinion. The reason for it, is because it attracts attention to fellow street racers, somewhere your slow ES could never compete
Old 04-01-02, 11:29 AM
Captain Ratman
Pole Position

Thumbs down OK...That's Enough Flaming!

Originally posted by supwithyou
Im sorry we all cant have stock ES300's like you sniper. If you dont like it keep ur mouth shut, no one asked for ur opinion. The reason for it, is because it attracts attention to fellow street racers, somewhere your slow ES could never compete
Ok.........I think that's enough flaming of each other! This thread started out as an inquiry into paint jobs and somewhere along the way it got thrown way out of proportion. Sniper5, don't interpret what 01VaporBlueRx said because that isn't what he said. You may keep your opinions to yourself if those comments are putting down someone elses car. Everyone is entitled to mod there car anyway they see fit. Supwithyou....I can understand your anger and frustration but don't throw back a flame of your own.......instead, notify any of us Moderators (shown at each forum) and we will take care of the situation. Each and every member (or guest) should read the rules and regulations regarding Club Lexus, understand them and execute them if they intend to keep using Club Lexus. Failure to do so after several warnings will result in being banned from CL.

So both of you shake hands (a virtual shake) and lets resume the discussion of paint jobs, okay?

Thanks guys!!!

Scott.
Old 04-02-02, 05:48 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Paint

SUpwithyou... Personally, I wouldn't put a large wing on my ES, I just don't think that it looks right, not until you have the body kit to go with it. How much did you drop your car? What kind of springs? Does anyone around here have adjustable bags or hydraulics to lower so they don't bottom out over every speed bump? I want to lower my car, but I am only in high school and don't have money flowing in at a great rate. And I already bottom out on a few things, which I try to avoid all the time. I want my car to be all black if I could get it that way, even with the lower panels to be black. I think my xenons would look much better against a black car. And you're right, your paint does look awesome. And don't worry bout snipers comments, he did the same in another thread. I'll talk to you guys later.

- Eric
Old 04-02-02, 11:11 AM
supwithyou
Driver School Candidate

Yeh i can tell he goes around making his little comments. But anyway yeh i plan on adding a body kit once i can find one or have it custom made. As for how many inch drop....umm probably around 5 or 6", because i have an airride system. It costed me $1800 from AIM Industries for the system, and it can be adjusted up and down about 5" very quickly(Fast bags). As for changing your color to black, black looks real good when its clean, and real bad when its not. I did change my bottom part black as well(not into that two tone thing). But if ur interested in a good paint job for a low price, check Maaco out, there should be one located near you. WWW.MAACO.COM
Old 04-02-02, 11:41 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Painting is expensive

Just so you guys know I have recently got many quotes to change my paint job on my SC400 to from Black to another color. All estimates were between $11000-$14000 for a complete professional job. Remember that when you change colors they have to go and completely take almost everything out of your vehicle and paint a whole bunch of extra stuff. You wouldn't want your car to look like it had a ghetto paint job by having different color door jams or something. IMO it is not worth it. I would like to get Millenium Silver but I would like it done right which is way too much.
Old 04-03-02, 10:07 AM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys are complete ..... I thought this was a forum where I can voice my opinion. EGainer, nobody answered my legit question in the other forum. That was not a comment I made but a question. And damn it, nobody knows the answer.
What's a guy to do if he can't stick an airplaine wing on his ultra fast es300 without being laughed at.
Old 04-03-02, 11:16 AM
Captain Ratman
Pole Position

Thumbs up Voice Your Opinion

Originally posted by sniper5
You guys are complete ..... I thought this was a forum where I can voice my opinion. EGainer, nobody answered my legit question in the other forum. That was not a comment I made but a question. And damn it, nobody knows the answer.
What's a guy to do if he can't stick an airplaine wing on his ultra fast es300 without being laughed at.
Sniper5,

You can voice your opinion all you want.......as long as you are not flaming someone else in the process. Also, as in my previous e-mail to you, I mentioned that you spoke on behalf of another member, describing supwithyou's wing on his ES300 which was not what he said!! Please refrain from doing either . Consider going to another board if you want to continue putting down other members "rides", okay? Please re-read the rules and regulations of Club Lexus which are are specific and clear about flaming others. A simple rule to think about, "treat others as you would like to be treated".

Scott.
Old 04-03-02, 02:10 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Captain Ratman (Scott), you seem like a nice person, so I'm sorry for what I've done. But in all honesty, I think that anybody over the age of 5 who read that comment can conlcude that I was merely using VaporBlue's comment as a joke to voice my opinion. And I wasn't flaming supwith you either, I just said what I thought of his setup. That's not a flame, it's an opinion. He was making fun of my slow ES, like we don't have the same car. All of his listed mods are show and no go. A big wing, Toyos, and many neon lights as he put it don't change that Camry heart under the hood. 210hp is 210hp. That's why I'm asking all these young kids if they wanted to look like they had a fast car, why not just a buy a faster one to begin with? A big wing doesn't look right on a street car IMO, but it looks a lot better on a BMW or Acura, then on a car everyone knows is made for luxury ride, not speed. Imagine a Lincoln Town car with a wing the size of a trailer. What he has done with a car is OK b/c black car with tinted windows is not a bad setup, but I just can't stop looking at that wing. If I think too much is too much, no need to get flamed for it.
If it'll make everyone feel better, I'll add supwithyou to my buddy list
Old 04-03-02, 02:50 PM
Lex Addict
Driver School Candidate

Supwithyou - in regards to your Macco paint job, I would wait a year or so before bestowing such lavish praise upon them. Macco uses inferior paint and prep materials. It may look good now but it will likely begin to fade and/or peel in a few years. I would advise you to keep it garaged as much as possible.

Did you really think you could get a quality paint job for $400? Oh yeah, I forgot, you also bought that wingy thing :-)
Old 04-04-02, 05:37 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Wing/Paint

Listen, about his wing. If you don't want to have one on your car, then don't put one on your car. But why do so many people keep telling him that he has an ugly wing. Obviously he doesn't think that it looks bad, or he wouldn't have put it on. His car looks awesome. Customizing your car is just what it is... customizing, to how it best suits you. So if he wants tie a trash can to the side, let him do it. It is his car. We need to stop telling people what's wrong with their car and tell them what's good about it. At least he has a Lexus right? "Supwithyou", your car looks good.

And with the paint job, I have heard things about MAACO paint jobs peeling and flaking off after a year or so. How long have you had your car painted by them? I'm not really worried about people being able to tell me that my car would look dirty being black. That doesn't bother me, I like black cars, my dad has a black LS430 now. I just wanted to know if the MAACO job would peel later or not.
Old 04-04-02, 06:34 AM
alvin
Rookie

leave his wing alone, he just young and being cool. This
forums is about paint not a spoiler.
Old 04-04-02, 07:33 PM
crazee
Driver School Candidate

leave his wing alone, he just young and being cool

I agree. I happen to like the wing. I ordered the same one and had it shipped to me from Japan. Unfortunately, it fell off the plane and made a 1.7 mile carter somewhere in Nigeria:eek:
I'm waiting for a new one, but Japan ran out of black paint for it.

I think everyone should stop being so uptight about it. Nobody is gonna beat him up for having that thing on there. But he ought to expect to be teased anytime he takes a part from a Cessna and puts in on his car.
Old 04-07-02, 04:38 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m not trying to diss I don’t believe in talking down other peoples likes on there cars, but I would like to know what inspired you to put on a spoiler that breaks the natural lines and esthetics of the ES 300? It just doesn’t look smooth on the car like it doesn’t belong. The lines and shapes contradict the natural styling of the car. Oh and is that thing heavy with TWO wings? Yet I believe what ever makes you happy is the best choice.
Old 04-07-02, 04:50 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yah and mad props on the bag system man! Question: Is the system made for the ES or was it retrofitted? How many possitions can you put the bags at like side to side front to back or just up and down? Does it ride bumpy on the street? and is your car supercharged???
Old 04-11-02, 10:17 AM
supwithyou
Driver School Candidate

Ok......now that i think everyone has voiced their opinion, let me answer some questions. I had my car painted about a year ago, and it still looks like the first day I got it back from Maaco. It is not peeling, cracking, or swirling anywhere. It has a 4-year warranty against fading, peeling, etc, and if any of the above occurs I just take the vehicle back and they will redo the entire paint job. Secondly the airride was custom made by AIM industries, they pretty much do the same thing for every car. They order the factory struts, and custom fit airbags to it. I have a 10 switch setup, which can do side to side, seesaw, pancake, individual wheels, front up/down, back up/down. If the car is all the way down it is quite bumpy and feels like cut springs. If i put a small amount of air in the bags(raise the car about 1" from the ground), it rides really smooth unless the chassis hits the pavement on a pothole or something. To prevent this i usually drive around with the car all the way up. I think it looks cool(it definately stands out, because it goes up about 4" higher than stock height), and the car doesnt hit on anything and rides better than stock. Lastly, in response to sniper sayin i have the same car as him, I have a custom forced induction intake, a ractive 4.5" muffler, with a 3" downpipe from the headers, and straight piping to the muffler(no CAT). Also I have a Venom Mass Air Flow Sensor, my computer has been reprogrammed for more HP, I have Vitek spark plug wires, and NGK plugs. I have an appointment to have a custom turbo setup installed over the summer, boosting an intercooled 13PSI. But Mr. Sniper even as of now our cars are very different, as my quarter mile time is in the high 14's, and yours is most likely in the 16's. Hope that answers everything.

Quick Reply: Paint Jobs