ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1995 ES300 A Few Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 09:07 PM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 ES300 A Few Issues

Hey,

Need some help if possible. Purchased a 1995 ES300 about two weeks ago for $2300 had 127k miles on it and seemed to run pretty good. took it to the shop and they checked it out and said all in all a great buy just a few issues needing to be resolved.

Those issues are:
Motor Mounts, Crankshaft Seal, Valve Cover Gasket and O2 Sensor... The prices they stated were crazy i checked at autozone and i could get those parts for very cheap...

Anyways i'm having other issues also, my drivers side window will not go down it seems like the drivers side window switch is broken... I am not entirely sure on that though, I ordered a replacement switch on ebay and the drivers side is not working either. I can't confirm if it's supposed to work all the person stated was mint condition, I'm trying to find a pin out or schematics or something so i can test both switches to see if it's actually the switch or the window motor... If it's the window motor is there a way to fix it? without getting a replacement, because they definitely aren't cheap on ebay...

It seems like I need a new battery because the lights dim when i turn on the defroster and just seems to be very weak...

The floor of the back seats are wet I think that occured from rain, i am trying to figure out how that happened, since the seats aren't went so it wasn't through the sunroof or down windows. it might be falling through from the passenger side doors or supposedly the trunk, i am not sure...

Radio antenna is not going up, I checked and the wires seem to be unhooked i'll have to look into getting that to work...

The radio itself the tape drive won't go back to it's default position when there's no tape in there. I bought a replacement one but it was the one that only does the tape, the one i had in previously does cd's also and i have the cd changer in the trunk. I took apart the old radio and managed to get the drive to stay up when there's no tape in there. I will try it in the car when i'm free which is friday and i hope it works fine now... but i doubt it's that easy. If someone happens to have a guide on repairing that, that would be of great help...

So far i think that's basically all the issues, i need to replace a few of the dash bulbs the tachmoter and speedometer needles are out and half of the dash is dimmer.

Ah also my lighter port does not work, i took it out took a look everything seemed to be fine but it's not working. so i ordered a replacement and the person said the port definitely works. So when that comes in i'll give it a shot and hope it was just the lighter port and not the internal wires...

Well if i could get help on any of these things that would be greatly appreciated. A guide, with pictures or vids would be real nice if possible. thanks a alot guys.
Old 02-13-09, 11:22 PM
btaboyle
Driver School Candidate

check the boards seems you got all the low key ones by the way if O2 sensor keeps setting off check engine or other way around sorry its late just reset and hope it doesn't occur when emissions inspection due...pay particular attention to any transmission issues, tell tale hints, suspension (CV Driveaxle issues) before replacing bulbs...search forms..and antenna...all minor nuisances otherwise great car...IM DEALING WITH POSSIBLE TRANSMISSION REPLACE NOW AND I AM GOING TO MISS HER!! NOT WORTH THE $$
Old 02-14-09, 12:08 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

ah that sucks...

took my battery to autozone my batt checked out fine same with my alternator. so it's maybe some wiring issues or the bulbs need to be replaced i don't know... I only need one motor mount in the front which is great. trying to find a cheap place to grab one ebay or googling seems to be the best choice just having issues on which particular one... I'll find the exact name and all when i look at the manuals i have...

yea i will be checking the motor for the window tomorrow if the weather is good, i used a multimeter to check the switch and drivers side does work same with my old one... so it's been the motor or relay thise whole time. i'll also look into the antenna issues... other than that i don't have much to worry about.

oh yea definitely gotta seal it up to prevent any leaking, also i cannot get the window washer fluid to come out, i don't know if it's jammed or just not working

as always thanks for the help
Old 02-28-09, 11:01 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

hey, the window washer fluid is that regulated by a motor? because i cannot get that to work.

also it's a struggle to get the door opened with either key. if i were to open it up and mess around with the key hole it needs to be aligned basically correct?

Also i managed to program one of my two keys to lock and unlock the door by remote. i can't get the other one to work. someone told me that both have to be programmed at the same time... is that true? or is my other one busted?