ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Is it me or it is just not there

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 12:14 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Is it me or it is just not there

Is it me or it is hard as heck to find any modification for the es line in general. I look at ebay and they do not provide much and i search handy dandy google, and they dont provide much. AND plus there isnt much VIP mods for the es300 1997 - 2001.
Does anyone know any site that sell almost all sorts of modification for the es? o yea and i dont really want the japanese, because i cant read it
o yea i am looking more of the the VIP stuff.

sorry for the rant, but there is a question at the end
Old 04-06-09, 01:27 PM
Avidstarr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Memory fab sources some body kits for the 97... but it is costly
http://www.memoryfab.com/products/aero/car58

even on yahoo japan auction, you wont be able to find much.

My thing is theres no source for some good ol bolt on engine mods. even the intake is a pain to find! there would be a lot of custom work when it comes to engine mods
Old 04-06-09, 03:16 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Welcome to our nightmare, DixonPai! Your long-time ES bros feel ya on this one.

I, too, would love some more VIP-inspired appearance mods for my ES, but they're largely not there.
  • Want lowering? You can have this, but slammage (per VIP prefs) with coilovers is "meh" because of the lack of many vendors.
  • Want camber? There's not much to be had with the VCV10 or the MCV20 to my knowledge.
  • Want bippu window curtains? No one's been willing to provide curtains for the ES, especially given the lack of window frames.
There are a few (Smitty, Charley240) that get some approving nods from the VIP-open-minded. In the "Hot Windom/ES" picture thread you'll see some modded-up ESs that have some mods you'd like - and in many cases those mods are no longer available. It's frustrating.
Old 04-06-09, 09:43 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by Avidstarr
Memory fab sources some body kits for the 97... but it is costly
http://www.memoryfab.com/products/aero/car58

even on yahoo japan auction, you wont be able to find much.

My thing is theres no source for some good ol bolt on engine mods. even the intake is a pain to find! there would be a lot of custom work when it comes to engine mods
Only if there were bolt on mods, yea the ony company that provides a intake made just for us is weapon r. but good ol bolt on stuff only in your dreams. body kits are expensive as heck, but no lie i really just want to find a simple lip kit but i yet to find one. i know trd had one but they stopped making them.

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Welcome to our nightmare, DixonPai! Your long-time ES bros feel ya on this one.

I, too, would love some more VIP-inspired appearance mods for my ES, but they're largely not there.
  • Want lowering? You can have this, but slammage (per VIP prefs) with coilovers is "meh" because of the lack of many vendors.
  • Want camber? There's not much to be had with the VCV10 or the MCV20 to my knowledge.
  • Want bippu window curtains? No one's been willing to provide curtains for the ES, especially given the lack of window frames.
There are a few (Smitty, Charley240) that get some approving nods from the VIP-open-minded. In the "Hot Windom/ES" picture thread you'll see some modded-up ESs that have some mods you'd like - and in many cases those mods are no longer available. It's frustrating.
True that, we have to mix and match the solara and the v6 camry. i have done pretty much done all the cheap mods i can (pretty much lighting o and changed the es300 to windom). i really love those rain guard but i can yet to find one. curtains, thoguht about it but realized we don't have frames (no lie though, when we open our car door it is clean) only if i won the lotto and flew to japan and came back. If i do win the i mean the big one lotto. i will fly to Japan and buy anyhting i can find on the es300 bring it back and make a online shop just for us .
Old 04-06-09, 10:08 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Welcome to the club. I've tried to find parts for the ES for the longest too but its not gonna happen haha. For more VIP the autocouture kit slammed/bagged on some aggressive wheels all the other little mods also. Window visors, roof spoiler, monotone, etc.
Old 04-06-09, 10:15 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by 99es3
Welcome to the club. I've tried to find parts for the ES for the longest too but its not gonna happen haha. For more VIP the autocouture kit slammed/bagged on some aggressive wheels all the other little mods also. Window visors, roof spoiler, monotone, etc.
ahahaha only if i had that much money to throw out lol. Hows your IS doing?
Old 04-07-09, 07:03 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can turn the ES into hotness,however be prepared for ALOT of frustration and custom fabbing. As Slooooooow has stated, Charley, Smitty, and a few others HAVE raised the bar, but that bar is really high to reach. In the mean time, enjoy the stuff that dreams are made of,,lol!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...of-the-es.html

Last edited by trukn1; 04-07-09 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-07-09, 07:16 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nah, you just need puerto rican friends. let's be honest. if you knew some like I do, and they'll tell you too, lol, they know how to hook cars up!!!!
Old 04-07-09, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Sometimes you just gotta do retrofits, DIYs, etc. Like the M3 spoiler mod... Tails from a 2000 on a 97+... I know it's not much of a VIP mod, but it's little stuff to help make the ES look better.
Old 04-07-09, 05:38 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

You can turn the ES into hotness,however be prepared for ALOT of frustration and custom fabbing. As Slooooooow has stated, Charley, Smitty, and a few others HAVE raised the bar, but that bar is really high to reach. In the mean time, enjoy the stuff that dreams are made of,,lol!!!
ahaha yep as i said IF I WIN THE LOTTO lol. but yess smitty cars is so sexy lol to bad he parted it out.

nah, you just need puerto rican friends. let's be honest. if you knew some like I do, and they'll tell you too, lol, they know how to hook cars up!!!!
llcoolpass you want to let me know some of your peurto rican friends ahahaha to bad we are on opposite cost lol

Sometimes you just gotta do retrofits, DIYs, etc. Like the M3 spoiler mod... Tails from a 2000 on a 97+... I know it's not much of a VIP mod, but it's little stuff to help make the ES look better.
yep only diy and retro fitting. =(

OOO and today i think i have done my last supper cheap mod the clear corner lights
sorry if my pics are so bright. it was sunny

Old 04-07-09, 06:17 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

this will one day be my 'major mod':

http://www.airrunnersystems.com/cont...ications/lexus

In terms of support for these cars, well for starters, those die hards, are able to get a supercharger on the 'older' engines [non-VVTI, as i have found out recently]

Intakes, unless i am blind, they do not make one for the VVTI engines? Looking at my airbox i see it is literally part of the box assembly, and the last thing i want to do is cutting up my box/MAF for a cheapo eBay [generic] intake.

K&N filters will run ya 60$ or so, but they are not worth it [i am not trying to start a debate here]

OBX offers the headers for these cars. Of course there are other options for catback systems, all it takes is one visit to your local exhaust shop!

eBay motors, depending when you look, there is a vendor that sells some decent looking lip kits for the ES300, but not always...

Clear corners, you got them, as someone said if you can get your hands on 00-01 lights they look great. [i have an 01 so no need to worry there ]

Last, some rims, well these are as unique as YOU get

Above someone stated, that it is hard to get parts as they either do not produce them anymore, or you must make everything yourself.

And of course all the 'little things' are what make a car standout to me, to be honest if i saw a nice 2GS [VIP] next to Smitty's car, i would acknowledge the 2GS as 'sweet'. However its people like Smitty that have all those 'little things' that would make me drool over his car for hours as opposed to the 2GS.

So all in all, my point is that we are at an advantage or disadvantage depending how you look at it.

either make parts/little touches to make it unique and not have repetitions [as commonly seen with many other platforms] OR the flipside is that it would be nice to have more readily available parts as to save time and effore to make stuff/make it fit! LOL

Best,
Mike

Yes, as you can tell, i love my ES.
Old 04-07-09, 08:16 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Let not your heart be troubled. It can be done.

Old 04-08-09, 03:37 PM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car will look like the second pic =p
Old 04-09-09, 11:29 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

O man pics 1 and 2 look Fken sick! I wanted to do the ES like pic 1 but now I got the IS haha.

DixonPai
The IS is great! Lots of mods to do to it. Did a few things to it already. Just got another set of wheels for it, fogs, tuned, nos, (soon) CF trunk/ maybe CF overlay roof, etc

Someone make a ES like that first black one but with a more aggressive wheel set up
and add window visors/eyelids/ roof spoiler/ projectors to it
Old 04-13-09, 08:03 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Let not your heart be troubled. It can be done.

I only can dream of my car looking like that lol.

my car will look like the second pic =p
Nice very clean look

O man pics 1 and 2 look Fken sick! I wanted to do the ES like pic 1 but now I got the IS haha.

DixonPai
The IS is great! Lots of mods to do to it. Did a few things to it already. Just got another set of wheels for it, fogs, tuned, nos, (soon) CF trunk/ maybe CF overlay roof, etc

Someone make a ES like that first black one but with a more aggressive wheel set up
and add window visors/eyelids/ roof spoiler/ projectors to it
lol 99es3 i hope your es isn't to jealous now ahahaha with all that nice tune up you putting in the new car

wasn't there someone here who actually found some window visors? because i cam searching left to right for some but cant find any.

Quick Reply: Is it me or it is just not there