ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

About to place a huge order need help fast....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 11:43 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niiiiice Hey Smitty How low can you drop and thats still drive able i like the stretched tire tucked look any advice?
Old 04-08-09, 08:21 PM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Are Ksports THAT Bad??? lol what about megan??

Last edited by VIPLEX1986; 04-08-09 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 07:21 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

No love???
Old 04-10-09, 08:04 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

If I hadn't been able to get them so cheaply, I might not've tried them, in fact I was strongly considering moving back to a stock suspension and wheels, but the price was too good not to experiment with learning how to install and mess around with them. That being said, I've just begun using the KSports, and I am shocked.

Thus far, they haven't been bad at all. There are some caveats though:
  • the roads around here are not bad at all.
    • from what I understand, if you live in the northeast/snow belt, etc. you won't be that impressed with coilovers anyway, especially anything in the low-to-mid priced models
  • I replaced the strut cores when I bought these from another member, so they're brand new. Only time will tell how well, or poorly, they age.
  • I did a bit of research online, looking through all car forums, for rants and raves on the KSports. As with any brand/model there were folks who hated them and folks who loved them. I came across more overall positives than negatives.
Old 04-10-09, 08:33 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPLEX1986
Niiiiice Hey Smitty How low can you drop and thats still drive able i like the stretched tire tucked look any advice?
I'm not sure how low I can go and still drive. Never really pushed it to the limit. I guess I was thinking that if I wanted to really do it up I'd go JIC or go air.

Originally Posted by VIPLEX1986
Are Ksports THAT Bad??? lol what about megan??
I guess its not fair for me to say that Ksports are that bad. My experience with them is that they suck. For others they may be fine but for me they sucked.

I've had my coils for roughly 1 1/2 or 2 years now and I've had my fronts rebuilt (mean new struts) 3 times. And for the first 2 rebuilds I wasent even riding that low nor was I riding stiff. The last time I got them rebuilt they told me that it was a new strut design and it should be alot better. So far its ok. Ride quality isnt that great though. I live in the DC metro area so some roads are ok but some roads are busted. On smooth roads its ok, bad roads are horrible. I definitely need to get my rears rebuilt now, because rear has been riding worse than usual and they're leaking.

But if you decide to buy them just buy at your own risk. If I knew what I know now and I wanted new coils for my ES I'd just payed the extra money for the JICs or the Teins. Dont know how the megans are. Didnt know they made coils for the 97-01 ES.
Old 04-10-09, 09:54 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Smitty
I'm not sure how low I can go and still drive. Never really pushed it to the limit. I guess I was thinking that if I wanted to really do it up I'd go JIC or go air.

I guess its not fair for me to say that Ksports are that bad. My experience with them is that they suck. For others they may be fine but for me they sucked.

I've had my coils for roughly 1 1/2 or 2 years now and I've had my fronts rebuilt (mean new struts) 3 times. And for the first 2 rebuilds I wasent even riding that low nor was I riding stiff. The last time I got them rebuilt they told me that it was a new strut design and it should be alot better. So far its ok. Ride quality isnt that great though. I live in the DC metro area so some roads are ok but some roads are busted. On smooth roads its ok, bad roads are horrible. I definitely need to get my rears rebuilt now, because rear has been riding worse than usual and they're leaking.

But if you decide to buy them just buy at your own risk. If I knew what I know now and I wanted new coils for my ES I'd just payed the extra money for the JICs or the Teins. Dont know how the megans are. Didnt know they made coils for the 97-01 ES.
Oh man... We'll you think if i bought the up to date ones that it would be better like with all the bugs fixed ?
Old 04-10-09, 12:56 PM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

there is someone selling ksport in the sales section...
^^^
it could be possible..

but there is a huge difference from ksport to JiC
Old 04-10-09, 08:29 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

^^ that was me. They are sold now I never had a problem with them. they just ride a bit stiffer.
Old 04-10-09, 11:01 PM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Yeah so i called Ksport and they Re Designed the Coilovers for the ES300 and they said they fixed all the problems and its got warrentee at least for 1 year...
Old 04-12-09, 08:07 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Now thats the coilovers are set What wheels do i want??? lol
Old 04-12-09, 11:57 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Holy Cow 55 offsets? Go low, wide, aggressive, and stretched FTW! ok ok back to my 2IS forums