ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

About to place a huge order need help fast....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 08:19 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to place a huge order need help fast....

I'm about to order some Coilovers,and wheels...tonight the whels are 19x8 +55 or +52 offset (its one of them think) Coilovers im Still deciding on Ksports,Megan or Tein SS PLease CL PLEASE !!! help me before i order tonight........

i just dont want to spend money on something thats not gonna be worth it
Old 04-08-09, 08:46 AM
96Schwarz
Driver School Candidate

What exactly is your question?
Old 04-08-09, 08:52 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

If you're placing such a large $$$ order, why are you giving yourself an arbitrary deadline of tonight?

It seems like you'd want to take your time and search each component thoroughly on the forum here.

If you have specific questions or opinion inquiries, you might want to include a picture of your ES and/or specifics like the year and color, and your overall design goals.
Old 04-08-09, 09:18 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 96Schwarz
What exactly is your question?
ohh yeah i just re read my post and it sounded weird but my question is the wheels going to fit?

and which coilovers are going to be my best bet out of the 3 that i stated above...

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
If you're placing such a large $$$ order, why are you giving yourself an arbitrary deadline of tonight?

It seems like you'd want to take your time and search each component thoroughly on the forum here.

If you have specific questions or opinion inquiries, you might want to include a picture of your ES and/or specifics like the year and color, and your overall design goals.

Its Pearl white 2-tone 2000 ES300 Platinum Edition

Il post pics in a little bit....

and the reason for tonight is my buddy is in California and leaving tomorrow night and hes buddy is the ones getting me the parts thats why i need to let him know tonight lol

Last edited by VIPLEX1986; 04-08-09 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-08-09, 09:39 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For coilovers I say go with either the Teins or the JICs. Best 2 coilovers in my opinion. Dont waste your time on the Ksports. They suck.

As far as wheels is there a particular reason you decided to go with a +55 or +52 offset? Seems like really high offsets and just trying to understand why.

My Amistad wheels are 19x8.5 at +35 all around and the fronts are flush and the rears became flush after I put on a 25mm spacer. So I could have gone with a lower offset for more lip if I wanted.

I see your user name is VIPLEX so if you're going for a VIP inspired ES then I'd definitely suggest rethinkng the offsets to get you a better overall look as far as VIP styling goes. Remember when it comes to VIP wheel fitments its all about going aggressive and flush

-Smitty
Old 04-08-09, 09:43 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Smitty
For coilovers I say go with either the Teins or the JICs. Best 2 coilovers in my opinion. Dont waste your time on the Ksports. They suck.

As far as wheels is there a particular reason you decided to go with a +55 or +52 offset? Seems like really high offsets and just trying to understand why.

My Amistad wheels are 19x8.5 at +35 all around and the fronts are flush and the rears became flush after I put on a 25mm spacer. So I could have gone with a lower offset for more lip if I wanted.

I see your user name is VIPLEX so if you're going for a VIP inspired ES then I'd definitely suggest rethinkng the offsets to get you a better overall look as far as VIP styling goes. Remember when it comes to VIP wheel fitments its all about going aggressive and flush

-Smitty

How low are you Smitty your set-up is sick... do you rub at all???
Old 04-08-09, 09:46 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIPLEX1986
How low are you Smitty your set-up is sick... do you rub at all???
I'm not too low. I can get almost 1 finger between the tire and fender. When I go real low there's no space

I have my fenders in the rears rolled so I really dont rub too often. Unless I hit a huge dip. The fronts I rub sometimes. Depending on dips and stuff, but overall its ok. Just that my coils suck. (Ksports)

-Smitty
Old 04-08-09, 09:50 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Smitty
I'm not too low. I can get almost 1 finger between the tire and fender. When I go real low there's no space

I have my fenders in the rears rolled so I really dont rub too often. Unless I hit a huge dip. The fronts I rub sometimes. Depending on dips and stuff, but overall its ok. Just that my coils suck. (Ksports)

-Smitty
ohh dang lol Im looking into your wheels man i like em lol im actually was going to order Work Virianza's D3s i freakin love em but the Amistad are growing on me so i need help smitty you have the set up im going for. And are Ksports THAT bad??? lol
Old 04-08-09, 10:00 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

ohh dang lol Im looking into your wheels man i like em lol im actually was going to order Work Virianza's D3s i freakin love em but the Amistad are growing on me so i need help smitty you have the set up im going for. And are Ksports THAT bad??? lol
I really like the D3S's. I think they'd look hot on an ES.

I think if I was doing my setup all over again I'd definitely go more agressive as far as fitment. I would go for something like:

Front -- 19x8.5 or 19x9 at +30 or +35
Rear -- 19x9.5 or 19x10 at +17 or +20
Tires -- Front 225/35/19 or 215/35 19 depending on what tires I ran
Rear 235/35/19 or 225/35/19 again depending on what tires and how much stretch I wanted.

I know HoeBag a long time ago was running 19x9.5 at +17 and he was completely flush but he wasent running stretched tires so he would rub. He was running something big like 240 or 245 on the tires.

It all depends on if you wanna run stretch tires or not and how much are your willing to modify your rear fenders. If I did my ES again. I'd shave my fenders and pull a little for clearance. With modified fenders and stretched tires you should be ok as far as fitting. Like I said just depends on how far you're willing to go and the look you want. Those sizes suggested can be pretty aggressive for the ES.

-Smitty
Old 04-08-09, 10:07 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm cause my buddy and i put on 17x9 +37 on the back and it sit pretty darn flush a lil tire stretch and fender rolling would be perfect for the width and offset but when we put it in the front i stuck out from the bumper and 1 1/2 inches lol i could run that but then i wouldnt be able to do U-turns lol plus i wanna tuck just a lil lol if thats possible likes Charleys A/C ES lol
Old 04-08-09, 10:16 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Hmmm cause my buddy and i put on 17x9 +37 on the back and it sit pretty darn flush a lil tire stretch and fender rolling would be perfect for the width and offset but when we put it in the front i stuck out from the bumper and 1 1/2 inches lol i could run that but then i wouldnt be able to do U-turns lol plus i wanna tuck just a lil lol if thats possible likes Charleys A/C ES lol
Well if you want to tuck a little. You can do like I did. I ran 2 or 3 degrees of negative camber in the rear to help the wheel tuck in a little more when I was ridding extra low and to keep from rubbing on the fender.

On my new ride it looks like my rears stick out a little but the wheels camber in quite a bit to fit my fender. Here's a quick pic so you can see what i mean.

It looks like I'm going to rub but its got a little negative camber so it tucks into the wheel well and I dont rub. So I would definitely suggest when you get your wheels and whatever specs you use push the wheel up to see exactly how much space you have or need to make. Sometimes the wheel will look too wide but may actually work.

-Smitty
Old 04-08-09, 10:33 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Danng Dude do you have any pics of your ES and is that a G8 GT?????
Old 04-08-09, 11:08 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread should help you out with pics of Smitty's ES. Pretty much the whole transformation of it. I cannot reveal what Smitty's new ride is, but I will tell you that no, what is pictured is not a G8 GT.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es30...of-the-es.html
Old 04-08-09, 11:13 AM
VIPLEX1986
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trukn1
This thread should help you out with pics of Smitty's ES. Pretty much the whole transformation of it. I cannot reveal what Smitty's new ride is, but I will tell you that no, what is pictured is not a G8 GT.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es30...of-the-es.html

Aww lol darnn lol

But hey the links not working...
Old 04-08-09, 11:16 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Aww lol darnn lol

But hey the links not working...
Here you go: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...of-the-es.html

Hey sup Trukn?

Hey what you doin in this section?

-Smitty

Quick Reply: About to place a huge order need help fast....