ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

upper & sway bar sugguestion??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-02, 07:01 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default upper & sway bar sugguestion??

which brand has better performance....... for 97es...
cuz my spring and shock will be ready in about a month which lower my car to 1.6F and 1.25R with (kg/mm spring and tokico shocks)....so what is the best combination i want to installl some bar at that same time......
do we use the same upper and sway bar as camry or solara...?
plz help.....
Old 03-14-02, 12:52 PM
Balzak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get some tein overcoils!!!!
Old 03-14-02, 03:56 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

i check it b4 ...but there is no teins coilover for 97 es300
that y i get KG/MM spring... which is a good brand too...
Old 03-15-02, 07:19 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why trying to make your car something it's not?
es 300 would be the last place to look if you want a slammed harsh ride.
Old 03-16-02, 07:58 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

plz look at those pic i post on the ES picture gallery... u will knw what i mean by mod.....
mod not = fast.... also look nice.... and self fulfillment..... that y we choose diff car.. to mod...
Old 03-25-02, 12:06 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lemme know

Hey if you find out about a good strut tower brace while you are lookin for your sway bar let me know:
the only one I heard of is for the 92-96 ES and I didn't hear good things about it.....

Nce2tuch@quixnet.net

post a pic when U get your springs put in ...I just dropped mine with the H&R 1" sport springs...Big time handling difference....10 times better..
Old 03-25-02, 01:05 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by MCV20
i check it b4 ...but there is no teins coilover for 97 es300
that y i get KG/MM spring... which is a good brand too...
JIC Magic has a set of multiadjustable coilovers for the Camry platform.
Old 03-30-02, 06:58 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally posted by sniper5
why trying to make your car something it's not?
es 300 would be the last place to look if you want a slammed harsh ride.
WHy? you ask why?

because

we

want

to

damn it!

Enough of the "why bother with this" and "why do that" replies ok! This is a support group not a doubt group! I have come to grips with the fact that my car is not going to beat people in races early on in my ownership of this vehicle. The last thing I need is my own club members reminding me of that, rather then working together and support each other for like intrests such as owning the same car. I have changed my perception of the ES and my goal is not to brake speed records but in fact just try to see how many mods I actualy can do. I have alot of mods and have alot more planned. So in the future if I hear more "why do this" or "don’t do that" from other driver school candidates and rookies I will honestly be disappointed. But I guess you in force the stereo type that driver school candidates are rude and don’t consider other. As you are hear longer and post more then 17 posts you might get to know us and figure out how to make replies in a critical yet respectfully way. Me and other pole position club members like flipside909 have info to offer and we try to keep a professional atmosphere. Any one else agree with me?
Old 03-30-02, 07:00 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

So your telling me this is ugly? this is what im going for.
Attached Thumbnails upper & sway bar sugguestion??-wicked-windom-copy.jpg  
Old 03-30-02, 07:04 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MCV20
plz look at those pic i post on the ES picture gallery... u will knw what i mean by mod.....
mod not = fast.... also look nice.... and self fulfillment..... that y we choose diff car.. to mod...
Nice reply MCV20 You know what i mean congrats to you as a rookie!
Old 03-30-02, 09:36 PM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

no problem....
=)

NICE car not equal to RACE car.....
Old 03-31-02, 08:55 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default What would be really helpful

What we as ES300 owners could really use is less pictures of the Windom with these HOT body kits on them and instead some info on how the HELL TO GET ONE. Does anyone have that info????

Enough pictures and how bout some websites...I am right now emailing back and forth with a guy from the UK. who says he may be able to find a body kit over there since the USA has not yet realized the potential HOTTNESS the ES has and want to expand on it.....So if anyone has more than a pic and some info on how to get all this stuff in the pics ..PLEASE START A THREAD!!! Cause this is what I'm lookin for:
Attached Thumbnails upper & sway bar sugguestion??-bad-ass-lex-kit.jpg  
Old 03-31-02, 05:04 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Body kit

I am adding a new filter in my car with the help of SeanMcElligott, who has been giving me some tip to make my car better. I know it can't beat many carsin races, but the fact that it can beat some celicas and keep up with some other cars gives us a chance. and it still looks cool as hell. i have my clear corners and my xenon headlights all the way accross looks awesome. i want a body kit, but any i have found are all dead ends. im still looking for some good mods, and cheap ones since i am still in high school. later guys
Old 03-31-02, 06:00 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Default air filter

what kind of filter did you get?
Brand name? price?
I want to up my intake also.....
Old 03-31-02, 06:43 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by L_Sport

WHy? you ask why?

because

we

want

to

damn it!

Enough of the "why bother with this" and "why do that" replies ok! This is a support group not a doubt group! I have come to grips with the fact that my car is not going to beat people in races early on in my ownership of this vehicle. The last thing I need is my own club members reminding me of that, rather then working together and support each other for like intrests such as owning the same car. I have changed my perception of the ES and my goal is not to brake speed records but in fact just try to see how many mods I actualy can do. I have alot of mods and have alot more planned. So in the future if I hear more "why do this" or "don’t do that" from other driver school candidates and rookies I will honestly be disappointed. But I guess you in force the stereo type that driver school candidates are rude and don’t consider other. As you are hear longer and post more then 17 posts you might get to know us and figure out how to make replies in a critical yet respectfully way. Me and other pole position club members like flipside909 have info to offer and we try to keep a professional atmosphere. Any one else agree with me?
1) I have asked a legit question, and I have asked it nicely.
So there is no point of you yelling at me or anybody else. Don't be giving me that "school driver candidate" crap either. You know it's bull and it means absolutely nothing. Yes I have 17 posts only. That would translate at .6 per day, which beats your .51 record. So what does that mean? Like I said it means crap, but if you want to be competing, then measure apples to apples. It just shows that there are jackasses out there with a “pole position” written under their name who think they own this board.

2) The reason I asked is because I made a switch from Acura/Honda products. I got tired of mods, harsh riding cars and everything that comes with it. The reason I started with Acuras is because I knew that these were good cars that are modded a lot. I knew there would be a ton of info, help and stores that would sell aftermarket parts for them. The reason i switched to es300 is b/c these cars aren't made to go fast and there isn't really mods for them. They are made as soft riding, luxury cars.
So my question still stands, if you knew you wanted to mod it, why not go with is300 or something that does look like a toy and begs to be tweaked (integra, accord, tl)?

3) To answer your question, no those Lexus pics that you posted don't look ugly, they're just funny. I would laugh my butt off if I saw it on the street, b/c after all those spoilers, wings, etc you still have a Camry heart under the hood. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but with body kit like that you are begging others to race you, and any little integra can kick your a$$.

Humbly yours,

Driver School Candidate (who passed his driver's test while you were still just a thought in your mom's head)

Quick Reply: upper & sway bar sugguestion??