ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

95 lexus es300, what is this hose/pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 07:10 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 lexus es300, what is this hose/pipe?

Hey i need help I'm trying to figure out what this hose pipe is. Because i need to replace it. I'm guessing it's the a/c line hose, but when I'm searching i don't see anything remotely to that aside from a 94 Lexus es300 part. If anyone knows what it's called or can confirm the name for me that would be helpful. Also would a 94 or any other year model of an es300 hose work with this car. thanks for your time and help. also i need a hose that goes at the bottom of the radiator it's called a return hose or something, if anyone could help me with that also that'd be much appreciated.

Old 05-18-09, 07:27 AM
96Schwarz
Driver School Candidate

Coouling fan hose. Power steering fluid drives the fan.
Old 05-18-09, 08:17 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

nothing is showing up that looks like that when i type in cooling fan hose.
would this work or is this the same one? seems like it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 05-18-09, 08:55 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

See if the diagram, part number and description in the attached image below gets you anywhere?
Attached Thumbnails 95 lexus es300, what is this hose/pipe?-picture-1.jpg  
Old 05-18-09, 10:43 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off, where is the leak?

secondly, I think I see some kind of brake booster hose repair job.... is it?

THAT EBAY THING IS NOT THE PART YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

THAT TOYO D I Y WEBSITE SCREENSHOT of the PART YOU HIGHLIGHTED IS THE WRONG PART.

I think this is what you're referring to but I'm not sure you need to replace it, I want to know more about your problem. 16927-20010

Last edited by llcoolpass; 05-18-09 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-18-09, 11:25 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

ok i have 3 leaks in total. two of my leaks are around the radiator. the mechanic told me that i needed to get a replacement hose the one i highlighted in the picture. the leak is coming from around the metal part of the hose to the rubber, you can see the liquid just resting around the rim of it. He said it's called the line pressure hose or something along those lines. if i don't get it replaced then the car could start acting weird going from 1st gear to 3rd or something along those lines...

the other leak is at the bottom he said the returning hose i need to replace also.

lastly is the leak around the power steering pump area. he said the o rings might be threaded because there's no leaks from the pump or the hoses themselves. they recommend i get a new rack and pinion which comes with new o rings and just to start off fresh. doing a patch job isn't ideal cuz usually it starts to leak again.

I already know i need a rack and pinion, i just need to know what are the hoses i need for those specific areas where the radiator is.

any other information you guys might need? and i appreciate all the help thus far. thank you
Old 05-18-09, 11:35 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

yes i think that's the right part llcoolpass the hydraulic motor pressure hose. since he was mentioning the hydraulics when he said i needed it replaced. i'll look into finding it.
Old 05-18-09, 11:36 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

your writing is very confusing. doing my best, your hoses need to be replaced because they are starting to leak. So far I know the first hose you need but I don't know the other hose... is it in the diagram I just posted?

why do you need a new rack if there is nothing wrong with it? [if you want, before answering, take the car to a second technician for his/her opinion/diagnosis].

the transmission wouldn't be affected by the powersteering lines...
if you are referring to a transmission cooler hose leak, then that would affect the transmission. if you want, before answering, take the car to a second technician for his/her opinion/diagnosis, but did the 1st tech tell you that the transmission cool hose is leaking?

did my diagram and part no help you at all? oh, and one more thing that's not really relevant because it's a OEM only [i.e.dealer only] part, the part fits 1994 1995 and 1996 lexus es 300. that is the answer to one of your original questions in this forum thread.

you can buy it online too from the toyota OEM suppliers and lexus suppliers.
i think some ppl like these two [yes these are two different webpages]:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214001

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=213808

I believe the camry same year has same part [not necessarily same part no, but you can see for yourself because you're fully capable of going to the same website "Slooooooow" and I went to ]
Old 05-18-09, 11:57 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

sorry if i'm being erratic in my wording. I'll try to break it down properly.

My main issue is that my power steering fluid keeps leaking. At first as soon as i turned on the car the fluid would drop down to empty in the reservoir. Took it to a mechanic that usually does work on my car and he said it was the pump. Purchased a pump used on ebay and we replaced it. Now it's a slow leak, which I wouldn't really mind but from what I and the mechanic are guessing the leak falls onto the engine and burns up causing smoke to come out from under the hood. So after a few minutes of driving noticeable smoke rises out from under my hood, which seems to be coming from the power steering pump area.

I've taken it to the mechanic a couple of times, and he didn't notice any leaks, yet when i leave the car alone say i leave it for the night and come back in the morning, you can clearly see the fluid in the reservoir has dropped down significantly. Last I took it to the same mechanic he said he still saw no leak, but he thinks it might be that i need a new power steering hose. He showed me the hose underneath my car that i needed. I searched online but couldn't find it for my model. I saw one for a 94 es300 which looked like the hose i'd need since it also had nylon on it. This is the hose:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories
I stopped by and showed the mechanic on my laptop the hose he said yea that's the one and to order it and come back he'll put it in.

he seemed unsure and skeptical though, so i decided to take it to another mechanic that i know. He took a look at it and he said that i don't need a new hose, it looks to be the O rings that they're threaded or torn and need to be replaced or patched up. But i don't need a new hose he said. he also informed me i had two other leaks, one coming from the hydraulics motor pressure hose which is the one i have highlighted in the picture. he said i should replace that also because that can mess with my shifting or something along those lines. He also stated that i needed a hose at the bottom of my radiator replaced, he didn't point to it though so i should probably go back and ask him. I did ask him what the name of if it is though. he said it was the return hose, he might've said more i don't remember.

About needing the rack and pinion the 2nd mechanic who i had check up my car, called his boss to get a pricing for me. His boss knows me and he knows my family. So he recommended to me that i change the rack and pinion and get new outer tie rod ends. because to do a patch job isn't recommended because it can just leak again. So yea he told me to purchase a rack and pinion and new outer tie rod ends to put into the car and that should take care of the leak for the power steering. and I need those two hoses for the hydraulics and the return hose so i won't have anymore leaks or anymore issues.

The part you showed me llcoolpass seems to be the one i'm looking for. so i will see how much it will cost. that diagram did help.

I hope that's making sense and it's helping you understand it better. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by igbeserk; 05-18-09 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-18-09, 12:51 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Sounds like you need to get something in writing from these experts, go to a third person, share with him their written estimates and see where things are going. Then, get it repaired.

Anything simple, addressable online, that we can help you with further?
If not, good luck. If so, post back in the coming days and someone will post a response.
Old 05-18-09, 01:05 PM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

yea sounds like you're right, i should go to another mechanic and have it looked at to confirm. i'll post back when i get a chance. thanks for the help, and the quick response.
Old 05-19-09, 09:08 AM
mmatheny
Instructor

I've never heard of a hydraulic fan motor! Well, not on a car!! Wonder if my 01 is hydraulic or electic - will check at lunch.
Old 05-19-09, 10:10 AM
lej1447
Driver

96Scharwz is correct. The power fluid drive the fan hose. LLcoopass is correct on the part number for this particular hose in pix. I have the exact same problem. That hose leaks excessive power steering fluid on to the tray which can be seen with the flash light point down. I have 3 locations leaking similar your described symptoms.

Beside the top in the picture, the other two locations the return and supply hoses for power steering fluids at the bottom of the car. The return hose is visible once you take the front passenger wheel off. The supply is underneath the car, which the car needs to be raised.

If I don't fix the top hose in pix, fluid leaks fast, fan won't run; temp runs high, and car won't like it

The one in the pix cost about $160-$180 from the estimate which I got. I don't know why a tube/hose can cost more than the lower right arm control since mine just nearly went out due to worn out bushing. Can you believed such? Worn bushing requires a whole arm control to be replaced as I was told? Feel free to chime in.

I just replaced another axle in the front where the lower arm control went out due to worn out bushing, replaced two rear struts, and many other things not too long ago. Each month, it has been costing about $400 on the average to replace all old parts on the 1995 ES300. I wonder if the cost of old car begins to exceed the monthly payment of the new car. I saw the studies of these two curves on car ownership already.

One thing surely makes me wonder. I have not spent that much money on my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 220K miles on it. My Lexus has about 160K miles only. Like Arsenio Hall said, "Things that make you go hm..."

Last edited by lej1447; 05-19-09 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 03:19 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

M&m, yo man, hydraulic fan is rare ...... I can only recall it being on the 92-94 [95, maybe 96 too?] lexus es 300 and toyota camry v-6s. Yes, that's right, the powersteering pump is real powerful, does the steering rack, and the cooling fan, all seemlessly and vibration free. You and your '01es300 must feel gelded right about now . lol

lej, your car and jeep , apples and oranges. your maintenance on those kinds of parts is normal on cars like your es at that mileage. usually , they go bad earlier than that, so , don't divorce yet!
Old 06-08-09, 07:30 AM
igbeserk
Driver School Candidate

so yea i need to buy those hoses i take it lej, haven't done anything else with the car yet so far so good. power steering fluid leaks slowly now. every now and then it feels like the car is somewhat jerking trying to change gears but i dunno. i raced a friend saturday night doing the l - 2 - d and it seemed to have tightened up the car a bit if that makes sense. the car felt too loose but since then it feels a bit better. i've never used those l-2 gears before so that probably helped.

Quick Reply: 95 lexus es300, what is this hose/pipe?