ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I want reall opinion please ahaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 01:47 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slooooooow, I'll try to take a picture tonight for you. I aim my projector fogs straight to the ground to avoid the glare issues that I commonly see here in SoCal (damn raised trucks grrrrrr ). Pretty much, if you've seen the cutoff from my low beams, it slides right under there. Its about an inch or two below the cutoff of my low beams

I agree with above though. Spend a couple hours adjusting the beams to make it safer for other drivers. There are plenty of halogen reflector retards on the road around here. If you have to drive in front of those bastards, you'd want to help the person in front of you
Old 06-04-09, 02:07 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I think it would be better if your car was black or a real dark color
Old 06-04-09, 02:31 PM
MrGalione9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with you 01lexpl, i have mine installed and its low beams, had to get it aligned to not blind oncoming traffic, and then also i am planning to do my projectors, but im gonna pay 50 to get all fully aligned,
Old 06-04-09, 03:32 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
That's exactly what I'm wondering about...here's why.
One of my fog lamp bulbs finally burned out and I'm tempted by the 3k HIDs on LuxuryMods.com (and some 4.5ks for my low beam lights).

But we have repeated forum examples - and folks report real-time examples in their cities/areas - of people installing "plug'n'play" HID kits that completely BLIND oncoming traffic. How much worse are HID fog lights - especially when installed in non-HID housings?!
Those that install such systems tend to concentrate more on how it makes their car look and/or how much better they illuminate the road, instead of considering other drivers' ability to see.
Those of you that have installed the HID fogs...test your cutoff and photograph it for us? Nothing talks like sharp, defined, clean cutoff.
Somebody help us out here...

For now with the 6000k in the fog looks like this (i need to clean the top)

The people that buy plug n play kits are retards. Generally speaking they will hack job putting them in and of course skip the ONLY important step being to have them properly adjusted!

I have an 01, i have a 6000k kit in my headlights, they are 'brighter' but they are properly aligned, the cut off is ideal and it does NOT glare even on slammed cars! And i do not have HID housings.

Same thing for the fogs. Projectors are ideal per se since they are more efficient in distributing the light and make a nicer and more concentrated light beam as well as cutoff.

So the same goes for the fog light housing, make sure they are properly aimed and there will be zero room for error and issues with other drivers, as well you will not fall into the retard category since you take the time to adjust them properly and be courteous to those on the roads beside you.

I do not have pictures, but i helped a friend install a 3000k kit into his Audi for the fogs [non projector housing] after a proper alignment the light output is great, no blinding & nothing. So go ahead with that!

Mike
i try very hard to keep it from not blinding people i think i made the hight for the low beam at 21 inches (if that's to high please correct me)

Last edited by DixonPai; 06-04-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-05-09, 08:04 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

I think I may have asked this question on here before, but can I put Nokya H3 bulbs in place of my OEM fog light bulbs of my 01?
Old 06-05-09, 08:49 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by MyfirstES
I think I may have asked this question on here before, but can I put Nokya H3 bulbs in place of my OEM fog light bulbs of my 01?
Yes. Feel free to read my thread, in order to save yourself a headache.
Old 06-06-09, 08:31 AM
MyfirstES
Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Yes. Feel free to read my thread, in order to save yourself a headache.
Thanks for the help. Can you make a recommendation as to where I can get a good set of low beams and fog lights? Also, a recommendation on the wattage of the fog lights.

I see on Ebay, they have the H3 yellow bulbs at 55 watts and 100 watts. I think 100 watts would be overkill, yes? I don't want to blind other drivers. Isn't the standard wattage on an OEM fog light bulb 30 watts to begin with?
Old 06-06-09, 11:18 AM
DixonPai
Instructor

Thanks for the help. Can you make a recommendation as to where I can get a good set of low beams and fog lights? Also, a recommendation on the wattage of the fog lights.

I see on Ebay, they have the H3 yellow bulbs at 55 watts and 100 watts. I think 100 watts would be overkill, yes? I don't want to blind other drivers. Isn't the standard wattage on an OEM fog light bulb 30 watts to begin with?
For low beam sorry I don't have any recommendation, because i didn't like any of the halogen i was switching to (that is why I went to hid). I dont understand somthing to i went with SYLVANIA Silver Star and they just went bright at all. Did anyone have that problem? But for fogs I would recommended using luminics JDM yellow 2,500k
Old 06-06-09, 11:31 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

I have finally came to the conclusion of not tinting my fog light yellow
i will leave it clear with my 3000k in. Just got them today. And they are the yellow i want

I just like this shot i got ahaha

Here is how they look

Last edited by DixonPai; 06-07-09 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-07-09, 08:28 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

What if you took that krylon paint you can buy from michaels and spray the bulb? Even if you painted the actual light, it isn't that strong of a yellow, looks just like the yellow fogs from the older es
Old 06-07-09, 10:27 AM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
What if you took that krylon paint you can buy from michaels and spray the bulb? Even if you painted the actual light, it isn't that strong of a yellow, looks just like the yellow fogs from the older es
I am keeping it yellow but i will leave the housing clear. I will not be painting or tinting it anymore

Last edited by DixonPai; 06-07-09 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-07-09, 01:35 PM
cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
That would not damage the bulb?

but those 3000k look really nice! what brand are the HIDs?
Old 06-07-09, 04:43 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

So, Dixon, you upgraded from 2500 to 3000? How many watts is that now? Is that a bit too powerful? What brand did you buy?
Old 06-07-09, 09:43 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

So, Dixon, you upgraded from 2500 to 3000? How many watts is that now? Is that a bit too powerful? What brand did you buy?
well it was 2500k Halogen JDM Luminic, then i bought a HID kit 3000k the kit is a 35 watt kit. The brand is super vision hid conversion kit (no brandner)

thats the box it came in
Old 06-08-09, 07:24 AM
MyfirstES
Driver

Thanks Dixon for your help!

Quick Reply: I want reall opinion please ahaha