ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Good and the Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-09, 03:31 AM
faithless
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good and the Bad

This will go back and forth with good and bad.

In Feb of this year got a partial sound system put into my car. Replaced the headunit withthis. Also put in the front 6.5 with this, and for the 6x9 in the back are these. All I need to finish this system is get 2 amps,and a subwoofer. one amp for the speakers and one amp for the subwoofer. The way it sounds now is great and is on par with my friends '01 mustang mach system and my dads '06 ram infinity system.

Roughly a two months ago my car had a heating issue which lead it to the point of overheating. After checking it out and making sure no major damage was done it started to drop coolant from several spots. Tried several things to try and get it stoped but to no avail.

After having it checked by a mech that I know and trust, He went through with me several things that were wrong and best thing thing would either A get rid of the car for what ever I could get or B replace the motor. Well I went for option B, after a few days of searching he found a motor with less than 50k miles on it with a 6mth unlimited mile warrenty. After getting the motor and getting it swaped over he came to find out it was a JDM motor and not a USDM that was expected so some things took longer then expected.

After the swap the oil warning light is on and stays on and neither him or I can figure out why, If anyone had an idea it would be much apperictaed. Also the front struts are shot which I had felt them go.

Onto the worst part after getting my car back and having it home for 2 days it got broken into. Thankfully they didt bust out windows and just got the door open, but did lose my 80gig Ipod and a key the car. So now I have to block m car in with famly cars atnight.

As side notes the motor that came out had 234K miles and the timing belt was about done along with the head gasket.
Old 06-10-09, 09:03 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the oil light is on because there's no sensor on that version of the engine, apparently.

there's an oil pressure light and an oil level low light. i think on some 1mz-fe [like the camry versino] there's no low oil level warming / sensor, so, you'd have to get a es 300 oil pan [like from your old engine] and stick on that engine along with the sensor [like from your old engine].

what light is on, is the question though, so let us know.

your car got broken into, that stinks.

you overheated the engine, its important to find out why, else, like so many times people do this, the replacement engine might die too. often , a radiator or hoses causes it , etc.

enjoy your radio.

-b
Old 06-10-09, 03:30 PM
faithless
Driver School Candidate

The oil light is right below the abs warning. And the old motor is already gone sent back to the company we got my motor as a core, so cant get the old pan.

The reason why the old one started to overheat was the water pump was going out and was becoming spractic when it would work. The mech where the motor was sawped checked out the cooling system to make sure it wouldt have an issue. The temp gauge runs about a 1/4in lower then where it use to.

I will try and get a type up of what the whole thing cost me.
Old 06-10-09, 04:04 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

ok.
but is it the oil pressure light or the oil level light?
Old 06-11-09, 10:56 AM
faithless
Driver School Candidate

Its the low oil level. It is the oil can with a wavy line under it it a kinda orange yellow color.

Will get the cost total put up tonight.
Old 06-11-09, 12:19 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

you can get the lexus oil pan and put it on and get a sensor with it, used or new [used would not be my path when replacing an oil pan unless it was perfect and I knew it was for sure] and no more problem.
good luck