ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1998 Lexus ES 300

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-09, 01:43 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks mogen59 and Mike DeAno for the kind words. Didnt realize there are chrome door handles for the ES. That would be pushing it for me, as I've been told I have lots of chome already. As far as how she looked when I bought her, well, she came stock and in excellent paint condition. I've just changed out all the worn out plastic, like headlights, grill and now fog lights and have added alot of mods. I have pics posted on the first page of this thread of how she looked at the begining. I've just been updating as I add mods, to keep everyone informed. Thanks again............
Old 12-28-09, 10:52 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the eye lids from?
Old 12-29-09, 09:38 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Ariyanna, got them from ebay. Heres the link to the page of the guy, I got them from. He has carbon fiber and the polyurethane.
http://stores.ebay.com/noahautomotiv...0Q2em14?_pgn=5
Old 12-29-09, 12:28 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
Where did you get the eye lids from?
I recommend the Exclusive eyelines on L-tuned, they cost more but are FRP material, and Perfect Fit
Old 12-30-09, 07:20 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still say your next mod should definitly be a drop, weather it be just a set of springs or a fullout coilover set (better idea).

I really do like the look of your car. If I just saw that front lip by its self, I don't think I would have thought it would look good on the ES, but I would have been wrong, it looks great on your car. I really like your new grille over your older crome mesh one. And now you have me wanting to buy a woodgrain stearing wheel too lol...
Old 12-30-09, 12:05 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Limen, your funny bro, go get a steering wheel, lol.......Yup, my next mod is lowering her. I'm going with coilovers, just dont know which brand to go with thou. I'm also looking to get a rebored throttle body and a set of new tires before I lower her. I currently have 245/40/18 and am rubbing in the rear outer fender. Need to get 225/40/18's. Everyone at my CL meet is loving the lip too, I'm glad I found it.
Old 01-07-10, 04:35 PM
Sammm
Rookie

hey man just went through the thread. looks good. a question about the trd sway bar...i have one also and it's about 1/2" too short. one side bolts up fine at the bushings but the other is stretching and i can only get on one of the bolts. you have this same problem?
Old 01-08-10, 10:32 AM
5ltrbeater
Driver

i dont know what to say bud; your car is the biggest hit and miss i've ever encountered in my years of fixing up cars.

what i mean by that is half of the stuff on your car i would keep () and the rest i wud burn ()

1st i wud get rid of the chrome trim on your car. the one lining the headlights,tailights, and fenders. i think it looks horrible and needs to go. the chrome on your car is so much that it takes away from the beautiful lines of the ES. the chrome is making your car look like you went shopping in the ricer dept. at pep boys

2nd.i really like your wood interior upgrade. the wood trim is a very very nice addition to the interior. only comment i wud say is to color match the steering wheel to the rest of the interior. may i ask how you got the Lexus badging on the steering wheel? glue?

3rd. please loose the Pep boys racing pedals and shifter. the ES is not a race car and was never meant to be

4th. i like the chrome side sills on the car. where did you get them from? anyway to get them to light up at night too?

5th. loose the wing. your ES is reason why i remind myself why lexus never made an optional OEM wing for the 3rd gen ES

6th. excellent engine upgrades! very clean intake setup. where did you find the UDP? did it come with belts too?

for the rims....they look good..but not on this car. i think you mentioned you were gonna get some GS or IS wheels. get those!

00-01 tailight upgrade, excellent mod, need i say more?

please dont take this post the wrong way....but i love the 3rd gen ES Lexus too much to see one go through some of those mods.

looking forward to seeing some of your future mods! remember, this is just an opinion.

Last edited by 5ltrbeater; 01-08-10 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-08-10, 10:47 AM
Limen
Pole Position

I agree with "5ltrbeater" about all the chrome. Not a huge fan of the chrome on the fenders. I don't mind it around the headlights and tailights, but I think they should come off the fenders. But to each his own. I still think your heading the right direction with your car though, keep up the good modding....
Old 01-08-10, 07:47 PM
crazyrod
Driver School Candidate

very clean.
Old 01-10-10, 08:46 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sammm
hey man just went through the thread. looks good. a question about the trd sway bar...i have one also and it's about 1/2" too short. one side bolts up fine at the bushings but the other is stretching and i can only get on one of the bolts. you have this same problem?
Didnt have any problems with my TRD rear sway bar being to short, maybe yours was for a different year camry/solara. The one I got was a direct TRD replacement of the OEM rear sway bar, fit perfectly and even had it bolted for track mode.

Originally Posted by 5ltrbeater
i dont know what to say bud; your car is the biggest hit and miss i've ever encountered in my years of fixing up cars.

what i mean by that is half of the stuff on your car i would keep () and the rest i wud burn ()

1st i wud get rid of the chrome trim on your car. the one lining the headlights,tailights, and fenders. i think it looks horrible and needs to go. the chrome on your car is so much that it takes away from the beautiful lines of the ES. the chrome is making your car look like you went shopping in the ricer dept. at pep boys

2nd.i really like your wood interior upgrade. the wood trim is a very very nice addition to the interior. only comment i wud say is to color match the steering wheel to the rest of the interior. may i ask how you got the Lexus badging on the steering wheel? glue?

3rd. please loose the Pep boys racing pedals and shifter. the ES is not a race car and was never meant to be

4th. i like the chrome side sills on the car. where did you get them from? anyway to get them to light up at night too?

5th. loose the wing. your ES is reason why i remind myself why lexus never made an optional OEM wing for the 3rd gen ES

6th. excellent engine upgrades! very clean intake setup. where did you find the UDP? did it come with belts too?

for the rims....they look good..but not on this car. i think you mentioned you were gonna get some GS or IS wheels. get those!

00-01 tailight upgrade, excellent mod, need i say more?

please dont take this post the wrong way....but i love the 3rd gen ES Lexus too much to see one go through some of those mods.

looking forward to seeing some of your future mods! remember, this is just an opinion.
Theres a concensus about the chrome on the fenders should go, but like everyone says, to each their own. The fender trim may go, once I lower and may have to shave more of my rear fender to prevent any rubbing, with that their would be no way the trim could remain riveted on. As far as chrome around the headlights, dont know what your looking at, but there is no chrome around the head lights, I have painted brows on the headlights, but no chrome trim. UDP was bought online from http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySol.html and the belts I had to get from my local parts store.
I completely understand these are your opinions some will like it and others not. Just as I may not like what you drive or the mods you put on it or I may like what you drive and the mods you install. We cant please everyone and modding a car is sort of artistic freedom of expression.

Originally Posted by Limen
I agree with "5ltrbeater" about all the chrome. Not a huge fan of the chrome on the fenders. I don't mind it around the headlights and tailights, but I think they should come off the fenders. But to each his own. I still think your heading the right direction with your car though, keep up the good modding....
My current future mods are Evo side skirts (ordered), rebored throttle body (ordering on Friday) and then next weekend new tires 225/40/18 and coilovers to drop her.

Originally Posted by crazyrod
very clean.
Thanks bro!
Old 01-11-10, 05:39 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by angmedic91
My current future mods are Evo side skirts (ordered), rebored throttle body (ordering on Friday) and then next weekend new tires 225/40/18 and coilovers to drop her.
The side skirts will look real nice with that lip.
Old 01-11-10, 09:47 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Limen
The side skirts will look real nice with that lip.
Thanks bro, appreciate the kind words of encouragement.
Old 01-11-10, 01:40 PM
5ltrbeater
Driver

hey angemedic, where (or who) is doing that rebored TB for you?
Old 01-11-10, 02:13 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5ltrbeater
hey angemedic, where (or who) is doing that rebored TB for you?
Im getting it done by Proflowdesign.com. They're from the state of Washington, lot's of guys from Solaraguy.com have gotten their TB's rebored by them.

Quick Reply: 1998 Lexus ES 300