ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1998 Lexus ES 300

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-10, 01:46 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This car is looking good. What front lip is that? Sorry if you already answered it earlier in the thread.
Old 09-15-10, 05:23 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juan01
This car is looking good. What front lip is that? Sorry if you already answered it earlier in the thread.
Thanks bro for the compliment. The front lip is from VIS Racing. I got the lip from an ebay seller about 6 months ago. If you goto www.visracing.com/oldcatalog I believe thats the site. I dont know if they still make it anymore. I was in contact with the person on here from Extrememe Dimensions and he was looking into if they could make add on front and rear lips for the 3rd Gen ES. I havent heard back from him.
Old 10-15-10, 05:09 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Default Oct. 2010 Update

Update:

Well, I finally upgraded my shift **** to a 02 RX300 Wood and leather shift ****. The **** is black leather and wood and matches my black leather and wood steering wheel. It took some time to get it on there perfect. I had to drill new screw holes in the RX300 shift **** so it would screw into the shift rod. You really have to make sure the **** sits right and your able to shift thru all gears and back to park and make sure the key comes out before drilling your holes. If the shift **** is to low or to high you will have problems shifting from park all the way down to L2. Also, the metal rod in the middle that goes up and down must be rebent to a different angle to allow it to spring back up, otherwise when you press the shift button and then shift to reverse or drive, the metal rod inside will not spring back up, it binds and then you won't be able to remove your key when you put it into park. The middle rod is very touchy and has to fit in the **** almost perfect for it to spring back up. Anyways, once you have it at the right spot, make your drill holes my measuring using a tape measure, drill your holes, connect your OD wires, then place **** on shift rod, match up holes, put screws in and tighten, then slip up rod cover and your done. I will take pictures over the weekend and show you all how it looks.

Next upgrade is finding TRD rear Camry bumper add on lips, then I'm done with her.
Old 10-18-10, 06:35 PM
BGismo20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you still have the original chrome rims? interested in selling if u do??
Old 12-08-10, 05:13 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Default December 2010

Well, finally remembered to post a pic of my wood and leather shift ****.

I guess, I can say I'm done with her. Now, just have to keep her factory maintained, engine wise. I might in the future change the front bumper to a 00-01 bumper and a rear bumper cover from VIS Racing or Extreme Dimensions. Otherwise, it is safe to say I'm done and very pleased with the way she looks and hope she keeps on running forever.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Lexus ES 300-woodhandle-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by angmedic91; 12-09-10 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-09-10, 02:58 PM
ZGadson
Driver School Candidate

Sexy as hell! The only thing I think you're missing is something for the rear bumper to even out your ground effects. Other that than I'm insanely jealous.

Here's the car I just wrecked with my kit on it:

It had rear ground spoilers to even out the look. I'm sure there's something like this for the ES.
Old 12-09-10, 03:49 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

^^ that's absolutely stunning! I love the rims... they reminded me of my first set that i sold - which i deeply regret as they we're gorgeous on the ES...

The only think like above for the ES is made by TRD; long time discontinued and pricey as hell!
Old 12-09-10, 04:38 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZGadson
Sexy as hell! The only thing I think you're missing is something for the rear bumper to even out your ground effects. Other that than I'm insanely jealous.

It had rear ground spoilers to even out the look. I'm sure there's something like this for the ES.
Thanks bro and your right about the rear bumper and as 01LEXPL stated hard as hell to find a rear lip kit. The only one that will work is a TRD for the Camry, year 2000 or that generation. No one makes a rear lip kit or I would have to buy a whole rear bumper cover from Extreme Dimensions or VIS Racing. Your Infiniti was sweet looking, rims look good on it too. One thing you'll find out fast is that there are not of aftermarket parts for the 3rd Gen ES300. Parts are plentiful for the IS, GS and LS models.
Old 12-09-10, 07:28 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking whip!!! Im now inspired...
Old 12-10-10, 05:33 AM
ZGadson
Driver School Candidate

Didn't mean to hijack your thread with my car. I just can't wait to get my ES and do it up the same with the ground effects like I had. I do miss my Infiniti, but I think when I get my Lex and fix her up I'll love it even more. (Would have done more to the Infiniti, but I spent more money keeping it running than I did modding it - looked sexy as hell, and was fast, but the engine was a lemon.)

What's that Camry rear lip look like? I can't find a pic.
Old 12-10-10, 06:14 AM
ZGadson
Driver School Candidate

Hard to see, but is this the rear lip you're talking about?

Or this mess

Last edited by ZGadson; 12-10-10 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-10-10, 09:18 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

^^ Picture one! lol

And those side skirts we're also TRD and look the same on the ES'
Old 12-10-10, 11:27 AM
ZGadson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^^ Picture one! lol

And those side skirts we're also TRD and look the same on the ES'
Are those the side skirts on your ES? How much do kits like that go for? (If my wife really knew how much I spent on the kit for my I35, I'd be dead right now. Had it shipped from Auatralia... but she doesn't know that either.) I'm not looking to spend a fortune again, but I will want that kit eventually.
Old 12-10-10, 01:45 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Are those the side skirts on your ES? How much do kits like that go for? (If my wife really knew how much I spent on the kit for my I35, I'd be dead right now. Had it shipped from Auatralia... but she doesn't know that either.) I'm not looking to spend a fortune again, but I will want that kit eventually.
Picture one is the TRD rear lip for the Camry. Those are the lips that I missed out buying from that guy on Solaraguy.com I could hit myself over the head now for not buying them. He originally wanted $250.00 I believe and was trying to get him down to $150.00, but no go and I lost out. I got my side skirts from ebay for about $250.00 and my front lip from ebay also for about $200.00. The front lip is rare, cant find them anymore, were made from VISRacing.com Extreme Dimensions and VIS Racing make full body kits for the 3rd Gen ES300, but the front and rear are actual bumper covers, no add on lips.
Old 12-12-10, 11:16 AM
kaldES98
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one dope infiniti... didn't know those models could look that good.

Quick Reply: 1998 Lexus ES 300