ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1998 Lexus ES 300

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 07:48 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Updated Pics: 1998 Lexus ES 300

New to CL, posting pics of my car. I bought the car from my sister in excellent condition. Has 131,000 miles and runs like its brand new. As you can see, I've added some mods. I've also added a Weapon-R cold air intake and a Magna Flow exhaust, NGK laser platinum spark plugs and recently replaced all my oxygen sensors with Bosch sensors. I hope to lower my car an inch or two and upgrade to 17 inch chrome 5 star IS 300 rims with 45 series tires. Hope you like the pics.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Lexus ES 300-imgp0001_resize.jpg   1998 Lexus ES 300-imgp0005_resize.jpg   1998 Lexus ES 300-imgp0008_resize.jpg   1998 Lexus ES 300-imgp0013_resize.jpg   1998 Lexus ES 300-imgp0020_resize.jpg  

Last edited by angmedic91; 11-27-09 at 06:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by angmedic91:
Catanzaro (04-12-24), GonzoT (11-18-23)
Old 07-13-09, 07:56 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CL hope you find this forum helpful. got one question were did you get the chrome trim between the doors and is it a sticker or a hard plastic?
Old 07-13-09, 08:25 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chrome trim is nice in moderation... aaaand Ill leave it at that
Old 07-14-09, 09:21 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DixonPai
Welcome to CL hope you find this forum helpful. got one question were did you get the chrome trim between the doors and is it a sticker or a hard plastic?
Thank you for the kind welcome DixonPai. The chrome trim I got from Autozone, its plastic molding trim, quarter inch. Got the idea from a thread on here called JDM, chrome trim or something like that.
Old 07-14-09, 09:24 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Matador
Chrome trim is nice in moderation... aaaand Ill leave it at that
I completely understand. I've been getting ideas on this forum. No more chrome for the car, except a change in chrome rims. Looking to get the 17 inch IS 300 5 star rims in chrome. Would like to boost the performance of the engine and fuel economy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks............
Old 07-14-09, 09:38 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I'm a chrome fan and I think you get completely away with the car as-is - except for those wheel arch stick-ons. Please, oh please, lose those, enjoy it and drive the wheels off of it.

You'll go broke keeping up with wheel fads on online car enthusiast forums. "Go bigger! Go wider! Lose the lip! More lip! Push 'em out! More offset! Less offset! Too big! Too wide! Camber 'em in!" ...ad infinitum. Gorgeous wheels do make the car, but pick the wheels you want, when you want 'em, when you can write the check for 'em.

There's not a lot to be had in the performance category for the ES unfortunately, aside from mild bump-ups in exhaust, handling, braking and lighter wheels. But that's plenty to play with.

You've got a clean, pretty ES to start with there!
Old 07-14-09, 10:07 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
I'm a chrome fan and I think you get completely away with the car as-is - except for those wheel arch stick-ons. Please, oh please, lose those, enjoy it and drive the wheels off of it.

You'll go broke keeping up with wheel fads on online car enthusiast forums. "Go bigger! Go wider! Lose the lip! More lip! Push 'em out! More offset! Less offset! Too big! Too wide! Camber 'em in!" ...ad infinitum. Gorgeous wheels do make the car, but pick the wheels you want, when you want 'em, when you can write the check for 'em.

There's not a lot to be had in the performance category for the ES unfortunately, aside from mild bump-ups in exhaust, handling, braking and lighter wheels. But that's plenty to play with.

You've got a clean, pretty ES to start with there!
Slowwwwwww, thanks for being blunt with the chrome. I'm not planning on adding more chrome. As far as the arches on the wheel well, it's not a stick on, it's real polished t304 stainless steel that I riveted on. Once I can come up with the cash, I want to lower it an inch or two. Any suggestions on the best way to do that? Otherwise, thank you for the kind comments. Thanks........
Old 07-14-09, 12:04 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Very clean looking ES you got there. Happy driving...
Old 07-14-09, 12:43 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard angmedic91. I also love the look of chrome. So much so that I took my grille off and had it chrome-plated . That being said, I wouldn't normally be in favor of the wheel arch trim which generally would look a bit over-the-top IMO, but I have to say that on your ES, being the light color it is, I kind of like it!
Old 07-14-09, 01:06 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
Very clean looking ES you got there. Happy driving...
Thank you very much Trexus, appreciate the nice words.
Old 07-14-09, 01:12 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Welcome aboard angmedic91. I also love the look of chrome. So much so that I took my grille off and had it chrome-plated . That being said, I wouldn't normally be in favor of the wheel arch trim which generally would look a bit over-the-top IMO, but I have to say that on your ES, being the light color it is, I kind of like it!
Thanks for the welcome and cool compliment Lexucan. I also would like to change my front grille to chrome or a chrome mesh. I rigged up chrome mesh over the existing grill, but wish they made custom chrome mesh grills. I haven't come across any.
Old 07-15-09, 02:21 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super clean ES, the chrome around the wheel arch yeah, not so favored anymore but to each his own.
I'd like to see some pics of the Magnaflow exhaust though.
Whats the sticker you got there?
Old 07-15-09, 03:05 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Maxx941
Super clean ES, the chrome around the wheel arch yeah, not so favored anymore but to each his own.
I'd like to see some pics of the Magnaflow exhaust though.
Whats the sticker you got there?
The census on here about the aches is not favorable, but I like chrome, but like you said, each it's own. I'm actually going to change out my Magna flow exhaust today. The one I have is a universal Magna Flow exhaust in which they add a chrome tip of my choice, but I'm switching over to a straight thru Magna Flow exhaust. It's all chrome and comes with a 3inch internal diameter chrome tip. Basically, all one unit, the muffler it self is 8 inches in diameter and about 18 inches in length. I'm told it will be a little louder and throaty since its a straight thru muffler. The sticker is from a local Lexus parts distributor, lextasy.com...............
Old 07-15-09, 03:13 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by angmedic91
The census on here about the aches is not favorable, but I like chrome, but like you said, each it's own. I'm actually going to change out my Magna flow exhaust today. The one I have is a universal Magna Flow exhaust in which they add a chrome tip of my choice, but I'm switching over to a straight thru Magna Flow exhaust. It's all chrome and comes with a 3inch internal diameter chrome tip. Basically, all one unit, the muffler it self is 8 inches in diameter and about 18 inches in length. I'm told it will be a little louder and throaty since its a straight thru muffler. The sticker is from a local Lexus parts distributor, lextasy.com...............
Have a Magnaflow as well (came with the first wave of my custom exhaust system)! And now I have it sitting in the garage in a box. The body panels (and my ear drums) suffered with major vibration from the resonance that thing created between 1200 and 3000 RPMs.

(Yeah it probably wouldn't bother our younger folks, so I should probably, eventually put it on the Classifieds, but there's this slight 1% tingle about maybe trying it one more time...).
Old 07-16-09, 04:33 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Have a Magnaflow as well (came with the first wave of my custom exhaust system)! And now I have it sitting in the garage in a box. The body panels (and my ear drums) suffered with major vibration from the resonance that thing created between 1200 and 3000 RPMs.

(Yeah it probably wouldn't bother our younger folks, so I should probably, eventually put it on the Classifieds, but there's this slight 1% tingle about maybe trying it one more time...).
Well, I got my new Magna Flow exhaust put on and it's actually quieter than my universal Magna Flow exhaust I had on there prior. You can still hear the throaty sound, but quieter. Also noticed that my acceleration is quicker, I guess due to less back pressure, being that the exhaust is a straight thru system. I posted a pic of my new exhaust from magna flow exhaust web site.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 1998 Lexus ES 300