ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

g-tech results

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-02 | 04:53 PM
todd50
Rookie

Default g-tech results

Well i use my g tech today and i got good results i have a 93 es300 5 speed 14 degree advance and cone filter well i averaged between 7.1 to 7.3 0 to 60 times i have used this gtech before i have it for 2 years i'm telling you guys you have to raise the timing the car wakes up well i just thought i'd share some results i was i9n shock but the car runs real strong.
Old 04-10-02 | 10:04 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

I think thats the longest sentence i've ever seen!
Old 04-16-02 | 01:50 PM
VQ Driver
Driver School Candidate

What'd it read for 1/4 mile and HP?
Old 04-16-02 | 03:25 PM
todd50
Rookie

I only bought it up to about 70mph then let up. Its funny ever since i fooled with the timing when i shift theirs no hesitation it goes right into the powerband the car is really running strong if i have time i will run the full lenth its hard to find a good spot.
Old 04-16-02 | 04:23 PM
ESES
Driver

Unhappy ???

What does "advance the timing" really do to improve the performance of the car? Does it damage the engine or reduce the life of the engine? How much of a difference does it make? Does doing it to an automatic car get the same performance gain? Is it hard to do?
Sorry for all the question!

Thanks~
Bob~
Old 04-16-02 | 04:45 PM
todd50
Rookie

Whats up. I was having a problem with the car hesitating so my good friend who owns a sunoco gas station checked the timing it was at 8 it is supposed to be at 10 so we shot it up to 12 i run 94 octane at 12 their was no detonation so we went to 14 and it was fine i might go to 16 were kind of experimenting here. As far as what it does i believe that it fires the spark plug when the piston is near the top insted of half way if you buy a computer chip their going to do the same thing. Its not to hard to do you need a timing light and someone that knows what their doing it worked so well that if i'm in 1st gear once it hits about 4000rpm the tires will start chirping and i get a nice 2nd gear chirp. It should work on an auto i dont know why it wouldn't.
Old 04-16-02 | 07:52 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

todd, you need to get an act 2600 6 puck clitch like i did. I can leave tracks shifting 1-2 shift and still get a chirp from 2-3 shift...it's cool
Old 04-17-02 | 10:30 AM
VQ Driver
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: ???

Originally posted by ESES
What does "advance the timing" really do to improve the performance of the car? Does it damage the engine or reduce the life of the engine? How much of a difference does it make? Does doing it to an automatic car get the same performance gain? Is it hard to do?
Sorry for all the question!

Thanks~
Bob~
It doesn't cause any damage to the motor. Only time you'll hurt it is if you try to run boost or NOS and then your motor will go BOOM.:eek: When I had my timing advanced, my 1/4 mile times dropped from consistent 16's to between 15.0-15.2's. If I was a stick I would be well down into the 14's. Maybe a conversion in the future?
Old 04-18-02 | 12:32 AM
ESES
Driver

Default Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by VQ Driver

It doesn't cause any damage to the motor. Only time you'll hurt it is if you try to run boost or NOS and then your motor will go BOOM.:eek: When I had my timing advanced, my 1/4 mile times dropped from consistent 16's to between 15.0-15.2's. If I was a stick I would be well down into the 14's. Maybe a conversion in the future?
Thanks for telling me man~
by the way... so does it mean the more timing advance i do... the more performance gain i get?... At what point should i stop advancing the timing?... how much timing did you advance?... can i leave the timing setting for daily use?
Sorry for all these Qs...

Thanks
Bob
Old 04-18-02 | 06:41 AM
nauticabboy
Driver School Candidate

Question little confused, very interested

hey guys, sorry i'm not new with cars, but i'm new with the whole working an engine thing.

Like what does running boost mean?....and like how can i get my timing changed?...is there certain places, or do like all garages do it?....Also around how much might it cost?

will gas consumption increase drastically?....pretty much besides increasing acceleration, what else does it do to your car?....
if anyone can help me....

sorry guys,
chris
Old 04-18-02 | 12:51 PM
aerodyne
Driver School Candidate

1) turbo or supercharging - no kits avail for ES300 that I know of and big bucks in any case

2) In most cars, a simple adjustment at the distributor. Get a service manual for your car, it is very simple and can produce good results if done right.

3) ANY GARAGE CAN DO IT. But i wouldn't take your car just anywhere.

4) less than a tune up.
Old 04-18-02 | 04:08 PM
todd50
Rookie

Well i'm happy everyone is interested i was thrilled when i could up the timing. I would like to get an adjustable timing controller i had one in my mustang ran 14 degrees when i ran nos i just turned the dial down to 8 and never had a problem. With the mustang their was more info but with this car their isn't i know 14 was perfect for the stang my lex is at 16 and feels great but i dont know exactly.
Old 04-18-02 | 06:24 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Timing

So if I up the timing on my car... I could maybe get 7.5sec 0-60mph in my auto 94'? How much should I up the timing? Will the dealer do it? I am going in on saturday for a tune up, they are going to be surprised when they see my CL banner and my xenon headlights and my clear corners...
Old 04-24-02 | 08:58 PM
MFA
Rookie

Do they make ajustable time controller for our cars ?
if not please give more info on the timeing plz. thanks for your help.

MFA
Old 04-27-02 | 08:45 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

When I asked my friend if he knew about an timing controller or if he would bump my timing to 14, he said there was no point because the computer would reset it anyway. Please give me some facts so I blow him away.

-Mark-

Quick Reply: g-tech results