ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Need help reinstalling valve body in transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 03:12 PM
GrayES300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help reinstalling valve body in transmission

This is a continuation of my original post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...0765-code.html concerning the solenoid shift problem I am trying to fix.

So I cleaned out my valve body and the solenoids. I tried to reinstall it, but while doing so I crushed the check ball assembly. I got a tip to use vaseline to hold the valve in place. I thought it worked, but I guess it slipped while I was wrestling with it to get it reinstalled. Must have gotten crushed when I was tightening the screws.

I noticed that there are three actuator pistons. Two face the trans pan and the other faces up, exposing only the spring. One of the pistons facing down is seated in it's postion. The other does not stay up in the bore. I have to hold it and push (with some force) to get the valve body on. Is this normal?

Any tips/tricks for getting the valve body reinstalled? Right now, I have to make sure the check ball valve, the one accumulator piston, the middle spring and the shift selector valve all go in OK. This is a lot of juggling, not to mention the valve body gets pretty heavy trying to hold it up and pushing it against the transmission.

If anyone can offer suggestions to make this easier while I wait for my new check ball valve, I would appreciate it.
Old 04-19-10, 03:44 PM
merdlb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did you get this resolved?

I am in the same boat as you... except my code is 62 - for solenoid 1.

did you ever get it working? any advice you can give me? any photos you took? i was taking the valve body off and the tiny little check valve ***** fell out, i am going to have to figure out where they go before i can put things back together.