ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1992 Lexus Es300 Side Marker Lense Clear

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-02, 09:08 AM
SID
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Lexus Es300 Side Marker Lense Clear

1992 LEXUS ES 300 I AM LOOKING FOR CLEAR SIDE MARKERS

Hey everyone I live in Toronto Canada and I have a 92 lexus es 300 I wanna change the side marker from the factory original to the clear lense.. I have been to alot of places and no one in Toronto that I can find sells them nor can order them .. I don't mind online purchasing but I need help on finding a site that sells them.. I saw alot of es300 in the gallery before with the clear lenses co if anyone could help me out please email me at Purebadness@hotmail.com with the website or location as to where I can get a pair... THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE.... SID
Old 04-17-02, 12:52 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default side markers

are you having side markers put on? as far as I know, es doesn't come with side markers. if you just want regular side markers you can go to a car mod shop and they can put on what they call "euro side markers" since bmw, audi, and mercedes all have them. shouldnt be too expensive, but they will have to drill into your fender to mount them....
Old 04-17-02, 03:17 PM
SID
Driver School Candidate

HI ERIC THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I THINK I HAVE THE WRONG NAME FOR THE ITEM I AM LOOKING FOR.. I ALREADY HAVE THE EURO SIDE MARKERS, I AM LOOKING FOR THE LENSE NEXT TO THE HEADLIGHT WHERE THE SIGNALS ARE IN WITH A TOUCH OF ORANGE.....
Old 04-17-02, 04:48 PM
alvin
Rookie

Hay I'm from T.O also, I removed the orange out of the head light by opening it up and taking it out, I think I was the first person on club lexus ES to do this..... and I also removed the orange from
the back.
Old 04-17-02, 11:01 PM
jung502
Driver School Candidate

Default ALVIN

HEY ALVIN i live in TO and i want to make my lense clear, interested in doin another set, i dont know how to, nor do i wanna mess around with it, i'll pay u to do mine if u want
Old 04-18-02, 04:07 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Clear Corners

Hey alvin, I didn't know you were the first. I was going off of L Sport. That's cool. You finished the back? I know L sport did one of them, and he told me how, I just never got around to doing it. Sean and I have a post on here that is very detailed instructions for removing the orange lenses when doing clear corners....

Clear Corners thread

This was also addressed in the poll called "Clear Corners". Hope that you get what you need.

Alvin, how did you do your tail lights?
Old 04-18-02, 09:47 AM
alvin
Rookie

Wink

I know L sport did it, but I think I did it just before him, or a month after, I am the one who melted the black plastic and cut
the orange out. The back orange light, I only did a few weeks ago so I know i'm not the first at that. My pics of the front lights have been on ClubLexus very long. But I think who ever remade
the web site messed up the gallery and some of the older pics
are not there.
Old 04-18-02, 09:49 AM
alvin
Rookie

Wink

https://www.clublexus.com/cgi-bin/ph....pl?photo=1320

one of the old pics
Old 04-18-02, 10:05 AM
alvin
Rookie

Smile

The other question, the back lights.

I used a drill with a cutting blade, and cut the back of the light,
pulled the back tail light apart and removed the orange.

The only thing there is a white lens cover infront of the orange, this will stay in place to cover the light bulb, but the only thing
its a little smaller then the orange so you can tell that something
missing, but it looks good.

the ES 1994-1996 i think does not have the yellow, factory...
Old 04-18-02, 07:02 PM
SID
Driver School Candidate

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, I THINK I WILL TRY THE OVEN THINGY BUT I AM CURIOUS, DID ALL THE 92 LEXUS ES 3000 OWNERS IN USA DO THIS OR CAN THEY BUY THE LENSES THERE, I FIND IT RATHER STUPID THAT WE CANNOT BUY THEM AS EASILY AS YOU CAN GET CLEARS FOR SUCH CARS AS THE NEON THE COROLLA CIVICS AND ETC
Old 04-18-02, 07:52 PM
ESES
Driver

Default 1998

Originally posted by alvin
Hay I'm from T.O also, I removed the orange out of the head light by opening it up and taking it out, I think I was the first person on club lexus ES to do this..... and I also removed the orange from
the back.
Hey Alvin... you seem to know how to take the headlight assembly apart... i was wondering... can i do the same with the 1998 ES300?... i want to clear the side markers...
Old 04-18-02, 08:18 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default blacked out lights

was driving home and saw another fellow ES creep up on me. Major body kit, lowered, wheels and negative camberkit and all. I followed him to the next light and motioned for the dude to pull over but he didn't(!!) As he peeled out i saw he had completely blacked out tail lights (his whole car was black). so if anyone driving around l.a. sees a 92-96 ES with mentioned mods and i think a Utah plate, PULL THE DUDE OVER and find out where he got his hookups!
Old 04-19-02, 12:08 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sure, we can't buy clear corners like Civic guys can, but if you do your lights it looks nice (I don't like most of the aftermarket clear corners) and barely anyone has our clear corners. I gotta do the corners when I park the car to change suspension and wheels.
Old 04-19-02, 08:20 PM
01M3
Rookie

I'm interested in clearing my corners, but the instructions given don't tell how to remove the whole headlight piece. It says if you don't know how to do this, don't bother, but i put in my own springs and struts so i think i can do this. I've just never done it before and was wondering if any one do how to do it
Old 04-19-02, 08:42 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default i say how

i have told how to remove the headlight. search for some place where eric asks about xenon headlamps, right after i got them out, i posted how to get them out. let me know if you find it

Quick Reply: 1992 Lexus Es300 Side Marker Lense Clear