ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Anyone who knows or done things to there exhast/muffler to there ES

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 04:52 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Anyone who knows or done things to there exhast/muffler to there ES

Okay I got a question, i want to just install a muffler, but not change any of the oem pipping.
I want to install something like this
This ones is a no go

How about this one

How much will it affect the sound?
I am looking for a deep growl sound, also looking for VIP/Bippu style

Last edited by DixonPai; 09-08-09 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-08-09, 05:40 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1: Please do not install that. It;s about as rice as you can get, and all that will happen is when it rains, water may get in it and rust stuff out.

2: Every muffler sounds different. Some make almost no sound, while others make you want to stab your eardrums repeadedly.

If you want something that sounds good, your better off asking who has what here on CL, and how thier muffler sounds.
Old 09-08-09, 05:52 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

that looks awful...
Old 09-08-09, 06:03 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

alright lol
plans dead, but my main question is, i want to change the muffler any suggestions, i dont want to modify any oem piping other then the muffler part
Old 09-08-09, 06:26 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Again, what type of sound do you want? Loud, Quiet? MANY different choices.

I;m goign to be installing a TRD muffler on my car next week. I even have an extra one for sale, and it should be a direct bolt on for the 97/98 ES300.

But all depends what your looking for.
Old 09-08-09, 06:31 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by ASG14
Again, what type of sound do you want? Loud, Quiet? MANY different choices.

I;m goign to be installing a TRD muffler on my car next week. I even have an extra one for sale, and it should be a direct bolt on for the 97/98 ES300.

But all depends what your looking for.
Sorry i am looking for a deep growl sound
Old 09-08-09, 07:52 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Go with a magnaflow. You get a quality muffler for pennies on the dollar.

The chinese no name brand ones you posted are utter ****, they rust very quick, made of inferior materials, tend to get louder with time.

Honestly, you could find one for 20$.

The thing i suggest is going on youtube and searching for exhaust videos; seriously.

A friend did this for a while and found a badass setup for his car, and it sounds great.

You have to play around, and look for sound clips, there is not much more you can do really.

Oh and why are you turning an ES300 into a Civic? Is that the cool thing to do nowadays?
Old 09-08-09, 08:15 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Go with a magnaflow. You get a quality muffler for pennies on the dollar.

The chinese no name brand ones you posted are utter ****, they rust very quick, made of inferior materials, tend to get louder with time.

Honestly, you could find one for 20$.

The thing i suggest is going on youtube and searching for exhaust videos; seriously.

A friend did this for a while and found a badass setup for his car, and it sounds great.

You have to play around, and look for sound clips, there is not much more you can do really.

Oh and why are you turning an ES300 into a Civic? Is that the cool thing to do nowadays?

I am not trying to rice it out at all, lol, i was trying to find some stuff to go along with the VIP look, and i thought the first one look kind of like it but apparently its not being liked, ahahaha
but the youtube thing is right i was doing that after i posted it, and realized i really dont know wht sound i am looking for, i hade a sound in mind, but cant find one thats hitting it, back to youtube ahaha
Old 09-08-09, 10:11 PM
zajac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude if you are looking for VIP styling, you are starting at the wrong end of the spectrum. You have a nice car, don't ruin it. Vip usually consist of low n wide. This would consist of coilovers or good springs and wheels with a big lip. GL
Old 09-08-09, 11:46 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Originally Posted by zajac
dude if you are looking for VIP styling, you are starting at the wrong end of the spectrum. You have a nice car, don't ruin it. Vip usually consist of low n wide. This would consist of coilovers or good springs and wheels with a big lip. GL
True, I am just trying to get rid of the little cheaper mods out of the way first, yes i know VIP is all about fitment and stance, I just want a diffrent noise, i guess just need to wait for a borla or magnaflow at low price, and an intake to change the roar in this car
Old 09-09-09, 12:32 AM
cyco
Pole Position

A supercharger would change the roar in your car.
Old 09-09-09, 07:47 AM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cyco
A Twin Turbocharger would change the roar in your car.
fix'd it for ya
Old 09-09-09, 10:06 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnaflow offices are located in my city (RSM). Even if you don't get a muffler, you can easily get the "roar" from an intake. I added a Cosmos Racing one for my 2ES and it sounds very nice
Old 09-09-09, 12:07 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

I think the Apex-i World Sports 1 or 2 muffler would look good for your car and its quieter than other universal fart cans out there. here's a link below:

Apex-i WS2

I wish they made full exhaust systems for our cars. All I seen so far is the 5zigen miracle fireball rear section for the 92-96 and 97-01 models for $750 thru Carson. I think tanabe makes one too but I have no pic of that muffler. Any other good manufactures makes exhaust for our cars? Heres a link from an old thread regarding about the 5zigen muffler:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...p-exhaust.html
Old 09-09-09, 01:00 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a chrome Magna Flow exhaust on my 1991 Nissan Sentra which had a medium loud deep throaty sound and I cut if off and placed it on my 1998 ES 300 and amazingly it sounded completely different. My piping on the ES is the still the same, just had them weld the exhaust to the OEM exhaust bolt on flange near the rear passenger axle. Still had the throaty sound, but wasnt too deep or loud anymore. When I accelerate you can hear the throaty sound, but once you get past about 45 mph it fades off. I was told four cylinder cars have loud engines, therefore the exhaust will be loud. The Lexus engines are not that loud. Also I had my resonator removed on both the Nissan and the Lexus. Good luck on trying to find that right sound your looking for. I'm happy with the way it sounds, not quiet, but also not loud. I posted a pic of my muffler from the MagnaFlow exhaust website.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Anyone who knows or done things to there exhast/muffler to there ES